Physical Pain and Suffering

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • The_Tick
    Made something of myself
    • Nov 2008
    • 7297

    #31
    Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
    My mom says her kidney stone was worse than labor and this was pre-epidural times... So congrats. You now know what labor is like.
    My mother has passed 9 stones, so I am hoping that I am 1 and done...

    Comment

    • FN Phat
      I ♥ gateway sex
      • Feb 2009
      • 8691

      #32
      Originally posted by John McClain View Post
      I've gone through some physically painful scenarios in my life. Most of it has been self-induced. I have hit the wall hard in marathons. I have several scars from bike crashes. When I played basketball I suffered cracked ribs and nearly bit my tongue in two. I've torn ligaments and broken ankles. As I've gotten older, my back and neck ache more frequently. But right now, I am battling an abscessed tooth and my pain medication is starting to wear off. I think it is as painful as anything in recent memory. I will be able to take another pain pill in 30 minutes, but right now, this ain't fun. What's your most painful experience?
      Smoke a little weed...it will do the trick.
      I'm your huckleberry.


      "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

      Comment

      • FN Phat
        I ♥ gateway sex
        • Feb 2009
        • 8691

        #33
        My most painfull experience was also my most embarassing. Somehow, while sleeping, I twisted my cojones like a twisty-tie. I woke up with the urge to throw up and tried to stand up. I fell on the ground of my bedroom and started to black out. I called my girlfriend (now wife) and told her that she needed to come take me to the doctors. I get to my doctors and they have no idea how, what or why I did this to myself and I needed to get a sonogram. The office at the hospital and accross town were full until the next day. There was only one opening and it was in 30 minutes at the Woman's Clinic. I was 21 at the time and my girlfriend was 20, but looked to be about 18. When we "walked" in, you could see the looks on the all the faces of the middle aged women. They were clearly disappointed that such a young girl would make these type of choises. It wasn't until the receptionist called my name that they did a double take. I hobbled-hibbled my broke self to the door and when the door shut my wife said that all the women started laughing and asking why I was there. Obviously the clinic was geared to women. They ushered me to a room with pictures of babies and uteruses and asked me to drop my pants. Then I had to do this Hudini trick and tuck and hide my frank and only leave the beans exposed. A nice young woman, that was very easy on the eyes, then proceeded to place the jelly on the effeceted area. Thankfully, she was kind enough to warm the jelly and it felt quite nice. Despite all the tests and the images the only thing the doctor could tell me was that I must have rolled over in my sleep wrong and twisted myself. When I jumped out of bed and tried to walk it must have un-twisted itself similar to when a swing is spun around several times in one direction and then let go. Without a doubt the most painfull experience of my life.
        I'm your huckleberry.


        "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

        Comment

        • EuropeanFootballMale
          Karate/Friendship Master
          • Aug 2010
          • 1339

          #34
          Just had my first bout with a kidney stone. It was just a tiny one (2 mm), but it was awful. Thank the heavens for good doctors and good drugs.

          Comment

          • Indy Coug
            Heartless Bastard
            • Dec 2008
            • 18747

            #35
            I'm not going to win this contest, but my ACL rehab probably was the worst for me because my rehab was delayed for weeks for a couple of different reasons and the scar tissue had solidified nicely.
            Everything in life is an approximation.

            http://twitter.com/CougarStats

            Comment

            • Joe Public
              8.1 YPC
              • Apr 2011
              • 8532

              #36
              Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
              Another time I had a cyst above and abscess tooth that needed to be pulled. the cyst made it so that novacaine would not work. the dentist had to pull the tooth without any pain meds. I was sweating so much my shirt was drenched when I drove home.
              Another satisfied customer of Don Aurelio Escovar.
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

              "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

              Comment

              • old_gregg
                scaly man fish
                • Nov 2009
                • 16915

                #37
                this thread has made me pucker, and i'm not talking about my mouth.
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                Comment

                • mUUser
                  Giggity
                  • Jul 2009
                  • 1142

                  #38
                  Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                  My mother has passed 9 stones, so I am hoping that I am 1 and done...
                  Had another a few weeks ago. Barely made it to the ER & parked in the ambulance only spot, gave an ambulance driver a little wave as he walked out the ER door, he came over and I told him I had a kidney stone and felt like I was going to pass out -- then promptly slumped over the arm rest and passed out.

                  The billed amount for 1/2 day in the ER is $11,194.50; $7,000 for radiology. My part amounts to $2,712. Worth every penny -- I truly love modern medicine.

                  Comment

                  • Green Monstah
                    Royal Rooter
                    • Aug 2010
                    • 13970

                    #39
                    Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                    No doubt about it: gout. It feels like a demon is biting your toe. The sensation of air blowing on it from a fan is more than I can bear. Allopurinol has stopped this pain forever, but before I started that therapy, I'd have an acute attack every 1-2 months. It hurt so bad once that I actually considered wetting the bed rather than having to walk on it to go to the bathroom. I can't imagine worse and more unrelenting pain. Every heartbeat was like a white-hot dagger being jammed into my toe.

                    I feel your pain. Right now, in fact. I went to a friend's house last night, and they basically served purines in a dish. The hostess beguiled me, and I partook.

                    I honestly dread the walk to my car in the parking garage. It's going to be brutal.
                    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                    "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                    Comment

                    • Devildog
                      Motor Boatin' SOB
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 1239

                      #40
                      I've crashed a few street motorcycles... never good.

                      More stitches than I care to remember. Herniated a couple disks, tore muscles, broken bones, scraped off skin (road rash).

                      I just got double tapped in the head with plastic bullets during a training exercise last week fired through an AR-15 at close distance. Lots of blood - looked cool. Close as I ever want to come to the Osama experience.

                      Gotta pay to play.
                      "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
                      -Thucydides

                      "Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
                      -Miyamoto Musashi

                      Si vis pacem, para bellum

                      Comment

                      • San Juan Sun
                        Kicked to the curb
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 9214

                        #41
                        [QUOTE=Devildog;583841]I've crashed a few street motorcycles... never good.

                        More stitches than I care to remember. Herniated a couple disks, tore muscles, broken bones, scraped off skin (road rash).
                        [QUOTE]

                        Every summer I get to take care of a whole morotcycle gang full of brain injured riders. The sad thing is how many of them were riding, and apparently not at fault for the accidents that so severely injure them.
                        "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                        - Ty Cobb

                        Comment

                        • RobinFinderson
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 10548

                          #42
                          Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
                          My mom says her kidney stone was worse than labor and this was pre-epidural times... So congrats. You now know what labor is like.
                          Alas, I understand this too, but not from a kidney stone. It was a giant dump. Most painful five minutes of my life. Probably as bad as gout too.

                          Comment

                          • Lost Student
                            BAND!
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 4324

                            #43
                            After I had my septum straightened out and my turbinates un-turbinated, the dr. stuffed both nostrils with gauze stuffed into a cut-off finger from a latex glove. A few days after the surgery, I went back in to get them yanked out. I thought my nostril was going to rip open.

                            Edit: since everyone is comparing their pain to giving birth, I guess I will do the same: I have teased my wife that I understand her labor/birthing pains because my nose basically gave birth to that fat gauze-filled finger.
                            Last edited by Lost Student; 05-02-2011, 07:00 PM.
                            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

                            Comment

                            • RobinFinderson
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 10548

                              #44
                              Originally posted by Lost_Student View Post
                              After I had my septum straightened out, the dr. stuffed both nostrils with gauze stuffed into a cut-off finger from a latex glove. A few days after the surgery, I went back in to get them yanked out. I thought my nostril was going to rip open.
                              Doh! My last post was a joke. This is actually very similar to my real most painful moment. 9th grade, I got my nose busted when I was sucker punched by another kid. He smashed it so flat that I needed surgery to straighten everything out again. There are actually two most painful events related to this beating. The first happened a week or two after the surgery when the doctor realized that my nose was still crooked, and rebroke it right there in the office by smashing it sideways with the palm of his hand. I sure the hell wasn't expecting that!

                              The second thing was THE most painful thing, and it was a month and a half later when the doctor unpacked the gauze out of my nasal passage. I swear, it looked like w bloody red silk getting pulled out of magicians sleeve. It just kept coming out, and it felt like it had enmeshed with my nasal tissue which was getting ripped out with the gauze. During the healing I kept dreaming of the day when I would be able to breathe through my nose again, sleep without feeling like I was drowning, and stop being a mouth breather. But when the day came, and they ripped the gauze out, breathing over the raw tissue hurt. But nothing hurt more than having that gauze pulled out. I seemed like my head was emptying out through my nostrils.

                              Comment

                              • wuapinmon
                                Soul Plumber
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 30711

                                #45
                                Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                                Another satisfied customer of Don Aurelio Escovar.







                                :rockon1:
                                :rockon2:

                                Finally, proof that some people do read and retain what I teach.
                                "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                                The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                                Comment

                                Working...