X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    That's a list of one. Jansport.
    stupid answer, btw
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      That's a list of one. Jansport.
      One of the things that always makes me giggle about Joe Rogan is his love of the fannypack. He loves them, he posts pictures of other celebs wearing them.

IMG_2918.jpg
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        One of the things that always makes me giggle about Joe Rogan is his love of the fannypack. He loves them, he posts pictures of other celebs wearing them.

[ATTACH]7532[/ATTACH]
        did you listen to the rogan episode with dan bilzerian? i was kind of hoping rogan would be more skeptical of bilzerian's clearly fake life story
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• I've always felt that the fanny pack was a misnomer, but confess that it is preferable to "dick pack" or something similar.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
            I've always felt that the fanny pack was a misnomer, but confess that it is preferable to "dick pack" or something similar.

Brush up on your Australian, mate!
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
              did you listen to the rogan episode with dan bilzerian? i was kind of hoping rogan would be more skeptical of bilzerian's clearly fake life story
              Got bored and stopped after 20 mins or so.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                Brush up on your Australian, mate!
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                  So I'll restate my inquiry here:

Been thinking about getting a new Odyssey. Our older model has a lot of road noise. I haven't test-driven anything yet, but Edmunds says the new model is much quieter. Anyone agree/disagree? Any other models I should consider?

Would be nice to get something before holiday traveling.
                  Sorry to keep everyone on pins and needles, but I did go with a newer Odyssey. I surprised the Mrs. With it last night - just in time for some traveling for the next week and a half.

I went with a 2013 EX-L. One of the main reasons for that year is that all of the models from 2014 on employ a touchscreen to control the climate, phone, sound system, etc. Since our old Odyssey had a touchscreen, I already knew the disadvantages (glare, wears out over time, not as easy to use without looking, etc.), causing me to avoid the models.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

The Odyssey is awesome. We comfortably fit 6 men (4 of us over 6'-1", two over 6'-3") plus 6 sets of clubs and 6 duffel bags into an Odyssey for a golf trip last summer. But $500/mo! Holy shiz that's a lot for a car! But then, I pretty much drive the crappiest car at our office (staff included).

Our family still fits into our Kia pretty nicely, but if Mrs. D ever gets child #4, we'll probably upgrade to the Honda.
                    Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    As the father of this award-winning thread, it would be very remiss of me to not post about the new minivan we just bought.

Our Kia still only had 90k miles on it, but as a 2005, it didn't offer much storage; no stow and go seating and very little storage behind the rear seats. Plus, the third row seats only folded/removed 50/50, so by removing one seat, we actually lost two seats. With hijo número quatro on the way, it was time to upgrade.

I was pushing for an Odyssey or a Sienna, but it will be Mrs. D's daily driver, and she had difficulty seeing over the dash of either of those, even with the seat fully elevated. She felt much more comfortable in the Chrysler Town & Country. Utah has a few places that buy used rental vans at auction in LA. We found a 2013 with fairly low miles and all the upgrades. Also, the dark gray leather and black floors will wear better than the tan interior of our last vehicle.

I'm most excited about the 26 mpg we got from Lehi to St. G yesterday, while effortlessly cruising the entire way at 82 mph. That's quite a difference from the 19 we were getting in the Kia.
                    Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                    Sorry to keep everyone on pins and needles, but I did go with a newer Odyssey. I surprised the Mrs. With it last night - just in time for some traveling for the next week and a half.

I went with a 2013 EX-L. One of the main reasons for that year is that all of the models from 2014 on employ a touchscreen to control the climate, phone, sound system, etc. Since our old Odyssey had a touchscreen, I already knew the disadvantages (glare, wears out over time, not as easy to use without looking, etc.), causing me to avoid the models.
                    This post is a year overdue, but with JL bumping the car thread, I was reminded that I never posted about our minivan upgrade. We really liked our 2013 T&C, but we put a crap ton of miles on that thing. We bought it in April of 2014 with 24k miles on it, and when we traded it in in September of 2017, it had 87k on it--just short of 20k miles per year. Other than replacing a spring in the auto-sliding door, we had no problems with the van until a couple months before we got rid of it. At that point, it was having trouble starting, and when a new fuel pump didn't do the trick, we were told we needed a new fuel rail. I absolutely hated the nearest Chrysler/Dodge dealership (crooks!), and the mechanic I trust is not close to where we live. Rather than deal with days/weeks/months of inconvenience to save a few bucks, we decided to trade it in.

We snagged a used, one-owner 2013 Honda Odyssey Touring with super low miles (32k). It has been pretty much fantastic. We miss the stow-and-go seats from our T&C, and the console between the front seats isn't as user friendly (the slide-top in the T&C is slick--open that whole thing up without moving anything off the top), but otherwise, we're very happy with the upgrade. Having that middle seat in the middle row is also amazing, as it gives us much more flexibility with seating options. All in all, I'm still all in on Team Minivan.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

This post is a year overdue, but with JL bumping the car thread, I was reminded that I never posted about our minivan upgrade. We really liked our 2013 T&C, but we put a crap ton of miles on that thing. We bought it in April of 2014 with 24k miles on it, and when we traded it in in September of 2017, it had 87k on it--just short of 20k miles per year. Other than replacing a spring in the auto-sliding door, we had no problems with the van until a couple months before we got rid of it. At that point, it was having trouble starting, and when a new fuel pump didn't do the trick, we were told we needed a new fuel rail. I absolutely hated the nearest Chrysler/Dodge dealership (crooks!), and the mechanic I trust is not close to where we live. Rather than deal with days/weeks/months of inconvenience to save a few bucks, we decided to trade it in.

We snagged a used, one-owner 2013 Honda Odyssey Touring with super low miles (32k). It has been pretty much fantastic. We miss the stow-and-go seats from our T&C, and the console between the front seats isn't as user friendly (the slide-top in the T&C is slick--open that whole thing up without moving anything off the top), but otherwise, we're very happy with the upgrade. Having that middle seat in the middle row is also amazing, as it gives us much more flexibility with seating options. All in all, I'm still all in on Team Minivan.
                      You should have given Kia another chance. We got a year old 17 Sedona last year for probably close to what you paid for the Odyssey. My wife, who also has a hard time seeing over the steering wheel is able to see and it has all the things that you complained about the 05 Kia missing. Quite a few decent options out there for the minivan driver nowadays.
                      “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                        You should have given Kia another chance. We got a year old 17 Sedona last year for probably close to what you paid for the Odyssey. My wife, who also has a hard time seeing over the steering wheel is able to see and it has all the things that you complained about the 05 Kia missing. Quite a few decent options out there for the minivan driver nowadays.

We liked our original Kia, and I like the newer one a lot. If I were buying new, that's probably what I would go with (best combo of price/options/warranty, IMO). But we got such a smoking deal on the used Honda that we couldn't pass it up. Vegas doesn't have nearly the inventory as the Wasatch front when it comes to mini-vans; apparently tatted-up peeps with facial piercings prefer big, sluggish SUVs to haul their 1.7 kids around. Because demand is low, good minivans often slip through the cracks. The Honda we found was just a few days from going to auction, so the dealer was super eager to work with us. It didn't take Mrs. D long to get used to the new dash, apparently, because she hasn't mentioned it since we drove it home.

Comment

Good point about the middle console. I was complaining internally about having to remove stuff in order to access the compartment while traveling this past weekend.

Does the Touring model have the touchscreen? The vacuum?
                          Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                          Anecdotal, but my brother was driving a relatively new Kia (2 years old?) on the same trip this past weekend. He ended up having to ride in our Odyssey on the way home.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            Good point about the middle console. I was complaining internally about having to remove stuff in order to access the compartment while traveling this past weekend.

Does the Touring model have the touchscreen? The vacuum?
                            Not in the 2013. I think the Touring Elite does, but not the Touring. Ours is still all controlled with the knob/joystick. That vacuum is such a gimmick, btw. Can't believe people really care about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                              You drive an Odyssey. When we were minivanning it, I loved our Odyssey.
                              Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                              Likewise. That was actually the first of many Hondas for us.
                              Hey now! Don't neglect one of the best damn threads on this boards out of sheer convenience.

Comment

Hey now! Don't neglect one of the best damn threads on this boards out of sheer convenience.

Comment

Working...
                                X