Christmas Gifts for the Spouse

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • falafel
    loves to talk on things
    • Mar 2009
    • 37986

    #46
    Originally posted by Space Ghost
    I neglected to respond to this immediately because, well, I started (as you indirectly suggested) doing some homework and putting together some like/dislike lists. I had thought that I would be able to post something here and then be showered with more gift suggestions than I could shake a stick at it. But, my laziness was not rewarded and you all (collectively) called me out on it.

    ....which was probably a good thing.

    In the past week I have made 4 purchases:
    1. these mod bod things I found at Costco. She loves these things. Cheap... $25 for two.

    2. A digital photo frame for her desk at her office. I found a 8" refurb on sale for $40 on-line. My experience with digital photo frames is that they are all crap and they don't last... so when it breaks in 12-18 months, I won't feel so bad when it ends up in the trash can.

    3. a lighted wall-mount vanity mirror. The one she uses now works... except that the kids cracked it a few years ago. Tried to find a direct wire one for a cleaner look, but the plug-in model will suffice... I guess. Cost: $90.

    4. A half-day spa package ("Pure Bliss") at a local spa in Bellevue - scheduled for MLK day. I'll take the day off from work. Cost: $300. Ouch.

    I'm still open to suggestions. Vday is right around the corner. Then there is Mday and Aday and then Bday. It never f$%#ing ends!

    cheers.
    Geez, like you ever needed our help! That looks like a good list.

    What's Aday?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    Dig your own grave, and save!

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • marsupial
      Mississippi Queen
      • Nov 2008
      • 3678

      #47
      Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Geez, like you ever needed our help! That looks like a good list.

      What's Aday?
      Arbor Day. You're in the doghouse if you forget your wife then.
      What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
      -Teenage Dirtbag

      Comment

      • SuperGabers
        aka... UtahDan's Wifey
        • May 2009
        • 2182

        #48
        Originally posted by Space Ghost
        I neglected to respond to this immediately because, well, I started (as you indirectly suggested) doing some homework and putting together some like/dislike lists. I had thought that I would be able to post something here and then be showered with more gift suggestions than I could shake a stick at it. But, my laziness was not rewarded and you all (collectively) called me out on it.

        ....which was probably a good thing.

        In the past week I have made 4 purchases:
        1. these mod bod things I found at Costco. She loves these things. Cheap... $25 for two.

        2. A digital photo frame for her desk at her office. I found a 8" refurb on sale for $40 on-line. My experience with digital photo frames is that they are all crap and they don't last... so when it breaks in 12-18 months, I won't feel so bad when it ends up in the trash can.

        3. a lighted wall-mount vanity mirror. The one she uses now works... except that the kids cracked it a few years ago. Tried to find a direct wire one for a cleaner look, but the plug-in model will suffice... I guess. Cost: $90.

        4. A half-day spa package ("Pure Bliss") at a local spa in Bellevue - scheduled for MLK day. I'll take the day off from work. Cost: $300. Ouch.

        I'm still open to suggestions. Vday is right around the corner. Then there is Mday and Aday and then Bday. It never f$%#ing ends!

        cheers.
        Wow! You did a great job! ALL very good gift ideas. The modbod tees are VERY similar to the ones I get at Down East Basics, and they cost a lot less. Check out the link and see what you think:



        You also used one of my tactics... Looking for things around the house that Utah Dan uses which are broken or need replacing and purchasing a new one.

        Here's another good idea. You might want to save it for Mothers' Day. I've used this site before and the chick who makes the necklaces is really awesome. You can have your children's names engraved on the pieces... If she is one to get all mushy about the kids, she will love it.

        http://www.etsy.com/shop/rhbdesigns?section_id=5538288

        Comment

        • UtahDan
          *
          • Nov 2008
          • 14496

          #49
          Why is it that when I ask Super for advice on what to buy MY wife that she just says "I don't know" and you get all this great counsel from her?

          Comment

          • SuperGabers
            aka... UtahDan's Wifey
            • May 2009
            • 2182

            #50
            Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
            Why is it that when I ask Super for advice on what to buy MY wife that she just says "I don't know" and you get all this great counsel from her?
            I am trying to save a marriage here, Dan...

            Comment

            • falafel
              loves to talk on things
              • Mar 2009
              • 37986

              #51
              Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
              I am trying to save a marriage here, Dan...
              Everytime I see your moniker lately I think that it says "SuperGrabers." Any truth to that UD?
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

              Dig your own grave, and save!

              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • UtahDan
                *
                • Nov 2008
                • 14496

                #52
                Originally posted by falafel View Post
                Everytime I see your moniker lately I think that it says "SuperGrabers." Any truth to that UD?
                As in, is it super to grab her? I won't tell and I don't advise anyone else to try unless they want to pull back a nub.

                Comment

                • falafel
                  loves to talk on things
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 37986

                  #53
                  Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                  As in, is it super to grab her? I won't tell and I don't advise anyone else to try unless the want to pull back a nub.
                  I thinking that maybe she was the grabber. Maybe she's even got sticky fingers. No need to respond.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                  Dig your own grave, and save!

                  "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                  "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • Surfah
                    Where's Wallace?
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 33726

                    #54
                    I think we should hold people to their word if they're asked what they want and say nothing or I don't know.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • SuperGabers
                      aka... UtahDan's Wifey
                      • May 2009
                      • 2182

                      #55
                      Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      I thinking that maybe she was the grabber. Maybe she's even got sticky fingers. No need to respond.
                      You can just stop now fally...

                      Comment

                      • JohnnyLingo
                        La Naranja
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 3976

                        #56
                        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        I think we should hold people to their word if they're asked what they want and say nothing or I don't know.
                        I do.

                        Comment

                        • falafel
                          loves to talk on things
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 37986

                          #57
                          Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
                          I do.
                          People must hate you then. Seriously, this is like "age" and "weight" questions. No one ever tells the truth.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                          Dig your own grave, and save!

                          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment

                          • JohnnyLingo
                            La Naranja
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 3976

                            #58
                            Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            People must hate you then. Seriously, this is like "age" and "weight" questions. No one ever tells the truth.
                            They do now.

                            Comment

                            Working...