CUF friends IRL

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JohnnyLingo
    La Naranja
    • Nov 2008
    • 3976

    #1

    CUF friends IRL

    Did you know any CUF'ers in real life before you knew them online (CUF, CB, CG, utefans)?
    52
    Yes
    59.62%
    31
    No
    40.38%
    21

    The poll is expired.

  • Donuthole
    Official Outgayer
    • Nov 2008
    • 25268

    #2
    Yep. MarkGrace and falafel, for me. Also a few CBers, but those are the only two CWUFfers, I believe.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37988

      #3
      Just Donutbreath.

      Edit: I forgot, I knew a dude from my old ward before CB, but I didn't know he was on CB until after I knew him.... if that makes sense. Basically, I would see him at church and then publicly pants him on CB without knowing who I was pantsing.
      Last edited by falafel; 11-04-2009, 04:49 PM.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • beefytee
        Board eye candy
        • Mar 2009
        • 7542

        #4
        I still don't know too many in real life.

        Comment

        • Mormon Red Death
          BYU Delenda Est
          • Nov 2008
          • 8077

          #5
          Solon - Friend
          Tooblue - Brother
          The Green Lantern - Lover
          "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

          "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

          Comment

          • il Padrino Ute
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 19161

            #6
            I knew a few on ufn, but in my case I didn't realize that I knew them away from the board until I saw them hanging out at the pirate ship.
            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

            Comment

            • Green Lantern
              Has overcome great fear
              • Aug 2009
              • 2289

              #7
              Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
              Solon - Friend
              Tooblue - Brother
              The Green Lantern - Lover
              *ahem* secret lover!
              Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

              None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

              I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

              --Portland Ute

              Comment

              • Jarid in Cedar
                CS Institutional Memory
                • Jun 2009
                • 13234

                #8
                Yes, but I had no idea they were on CUF until they publicly taunted me with that knowledge.
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                -Rick Majerus

                Comment

                • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                  Time to camp
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26082

                  #9
                  This is not real life?
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

                  Comment

                  • jay santos
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 13652

                    #10
                    I've always separated my IRL world from my BYU posting. I've thought it might be mature to let go of that, but that's still the way I do it.

                    Comment

                    • Indy Coug
                      Heartless Bastard
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 18747

                      #11
                      I've met exactly one CUF'er in real life and that was only after I got to know them on Cougarboard.
                      Everything in life is an approximation.

                      http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                      Comment

                      • FN Phat
                        I ♥ gateway sex
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 8691

                        #12
                        Surfah: My BIL
                        Gidget: My SIL
                        UtahDan: We used to play bball together...then we stopped playing My guess is that he couldn't hang with Surfah
                        I'm your huckleberry.


                        "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                        Comment

                        • TripletDaddy
                          sweet triple
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 58186

                          #13
                          Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                          I've always separated my IRL world from my BYU posting. I've thought it might be mature to let go of that, but that's still the way I do it.
                          You can say that again. You were very hurtful when you declared that message board popularity means IRL loser. I thought that was a very cruel thing to say.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • jay santos
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 13652

                            #14
                            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            You can say that again. You were very hurtful when you declared that message board popularity means IRL loser. I thought that was a very cruel thing to say.
                            LOL. I still mean it as it relates to you.

                            Comment

                            • WashingtonCoug
                              Monsters like me
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 1489

                              #15
                              Soonercoug: mission companion/mistress
                              "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
                              —Abraham Maslow

                              Comment

                              Working...