Upgrade to vbulletin 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

FYI - I have given BFM access to the control panel for the site because he has probably forgotten more about website performance tuning than I have ever known. He has a list of things he is going to try.
    We welcome our big, fat and mean overlords!

Comment

FYI - I have given BFM access to the control panel for the site because he has probably forgotten more about website performance tuning than I have ever known. He has a list of things he is going to try.
      Great. I've heard he's a SPAM generator.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

We welcome our big, fat and mean overlords!
        Meet the new boss - same as the old boss.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Changes are made. Let me know if you notice any unusual behavior. The site isn't being heavily used right now but hopefully when it's under load the performance should be snappier.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
            Changes are made. Let me know if you notice any unusual behavior. The site isn't being heavily used right now but hopefully when it's under load the performance should be snappier.
            Wow. Loading super fast for me. Both here and on Tapatalk.

Hooray for BFM!
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• I finally received a notice from this thread. Things are improving.

Comment

Wow. Loading super fast for me. Both here and on Tapatalk.

Hooray for BFM!
                Hmm... Not so quick now.

Comment

• Hey, like buttons on each post!

Many times I’ve wanted to like something that made me laugh or had me nodding my head in agreement, but didn’t want to respond just to acknowledge the poster’s brilliance.

Comment

• The "Latest Activity" option doesn't really seem to pull up the latest activity. I would expect it to show all the latest posts - most recent first. Instead, it seems to show threads in some haphazard order. Maybe it's showing the most recently created threads?

Edit: I think I just figured it out. I switched the "New Topics" option in the filter to "Off" and now it seems to be showing all the most recent posts.
                    Last edited by Pelado; 01-27-2021, 05:14 PM.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                      The "Latest Activity" option doesn't really seem to pull up the latest activity. I would expect it to show all the latest posts - most recent first. Instead, it seems to show threads in some haphazard order. Maybe it's showing the most recently created threads?

Edit: I think I just figured it out. I switched the "New Topics" option in the filter to "Off" and now it seems to be showing all the most recent posts.
                      Now all I need to know is how to mark everything as "read", or "seen", or whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                        Now all I need to know is how to mark everything as "read", or "seen", or whatever.
                        Go to the main page and scroll to the bottom and click on the "Mark Channels Read" link.

Comment

Go to the main page and scroll to the bottom and click on the "Mark Channels Read" link.
                          Got it. That works.

So why isn't that available whenever the "New Topics" is available?

Comment

• So when I get a notification of a new post it is something like:
                            A new post in your Forum Post subscription: What Are You Reading Now?
                            How about shortening it a bit, like:
                            Reply to post: What Are You Reading Now?
                            Or even shorter than that if possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                              So when I get a notification of a new post it is something like:

How about shortening it a bit, like:

Or even shorter than that if possible.
                              That is not something I can change easily.

Comment

That is not something I can change easily.
                                So there isn't a line of code somewhere with a string that you just change?

Sounds like whoever wrote it didn't think about what really needs to be customizable. I can select "Denim", "Old School", or "Orange Purple" for how the page looks, but the wording on email messages that get sent to everybody can't be modified? Pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                                X