Upgrade to vbulletin 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post

So there isn't a line of code somewhere with a string that you just change?

Sounds like whoever wrote it didn't think about what really needs to be customizable. I can select "Denim", "Old School", or "Orange Purple" for how the page looks, but the wording on email messages that get sent to everybody can't be modified? Pathetic.
    You're being silly. Of course there's a way to modify that.

JL, try this: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/..._addeditphrase
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post

You're being silly. Of course there's a way to modify that.

JL, try this: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/..._addeditphrase
      You misunderstood JL. He could do it, but he doesn't want to.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Email notifications? Why would anyone enable those?

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
          Email notifications? Why would anyone enable those?
          Maybe Scott would prefer a call on his land line?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
              Email notifications? Why would anyone enable those?
              So I can defend my honor when you guys try to make jokes about me.

(Haven't had a land line since 2016, in case anybody cares.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                So I can defend my honor when you guys try to make jokes about me.

(Haven't had a land line since 2016, in case anybody cares.)

I still have a landline, ftr.

Comment

• No land line here, but Scott, I take your post to mean you would like to receive a call on your cell phone for alerts?

Comment

I still have a landline too. A VOIP line that costs me about $3.50 a month. I bought a used OBI100 of EBay for $6.

The landline is a great number to give out when you need a number but don't want it to be your mobile phone - like to those relentless bloodsuckers at the American Red Cross. The VOIP service does a really good job of blocking crap spam calls, better than my mobile carrier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                      No land line here, but Scott, I take your post to mean you would like to receive a call on your cell phone for alerts?
                      I don't see how you could come up with that idea. The only way I ever look at posts on this forum or the few others that I visit regularly is from a desktop computer. And I see post alerts show up in my email. I visit most forums that I participate in once a day, in the morning and some of them aren't even every day. But I always see email messages when I'm doing anything online and they get cleared right away when I deal with them by checking the new post.

The whole reason I brought this up is because the gmail message line from this forum isn't long enough to contain anything meaningful.

It looks something like: cougarstadium.com . . A new post in your Forum Post subscription: ...

Other forums, and this one a few weeks ago, start off with "Reply to post:" and then have a few meaningful words. I was just hoping that there was some easy way to fix that. Apparently not.

Comment

This is a double whammy. A call--on a land line.

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                        Haven't had a land line since 2016, in case anybody cares.
                        Ok, not a land line.

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                        I take your post to mean you would like to receive a call on your cell phone for alerts?
                        A call on a cell phone, because you're you've moved into the 21st Century.

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                        I don't see how you could come up with that idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

I still have a landline too. A VOIP line that costs me about $3.50 a month. I bought a used OBI100 of EBay for $6.

The landline is a great number to give out when you need a number but don't want it to be your mobile phone - like to those relentless bloodsuckers at the American Red Cross. The VOIP service does a really good job of blocking crap spam calls, better than my mobile carrier.
                          Sounds like I'm overpaying for my VOIP line through Ooma. I opted for their service that includes caller ID - around $100 per year.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

Sounds like I'm overpaying for my VOIP line through Ooma. I opted for their service that includes caller ID - around $100 per year.
                            We had Ooma for no cost. This is before they started charging anything--you just had to buy their equipment. We never answered the phone or used it, and decided it was more trouble than it was worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

CallCentric is my VOIP provider and includes Caller ID. Bring your own equipment and it's not the user-friendliest thing in the world but if you have any technical aptitude its not that hard. I've never paid over $4.00 in one month.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

CallCentric is my VOIP provider and includes Caller ID. Bring your own equipment and it's not the user-friendliest thing in the world but if you have any technical aptitude its not that hard. I've never paid over $4.00 in one month.
                                Are you using their pay-per-minute service?
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X