No announcement yet.

Upgrade to vbulletin 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I fixed the issue with the news feed going to the Bike Shop instead of the Wire.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Sorry if this has been described before. But what's the deal with some of the avatars only occupying part of the rectangle?
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
        There are some serious mixed HTTP/HTTPS issues that need fixing. Right now the site is a security nightmare because it’s unusable via HTTPS unless you configure your browser to allow mixed mode content. I bet lots of folks are sending their password in over unencrypted HTTP at the moment, which is bad.

Mixed mode issues need to be fixed before the gifs and other stuff.

1. When I click into any forum, the site tries to load “load.js” from HTTP, which is kind of advertising script stuff so it’s probably not bad, but I don’t know what kind of functionality is dependent on it. ​​​​​​

2. If you click on “New Topic” it reverts back to HTTP and you lose the session

3. The editor script /js/ckeditor/lang/en.js is always loaded from HTTP and denied by the browser so you can’t post unless you allow mixed mode because you can’t enter any text into the editor. This makes the site unusable over HTTPS and this is probably the biggest security risk.

4. The site is sending Ajax requests over HTTP to load “ajax/render/pagenav”

5. The favicon request is being loaded over HTTP and fails, but it’s not that big of a deal from a security standpoint.

EDIT/UPDATE:

6. the little “go to last post” buttons go over HTTP, get a 403 error back, and you lose the session.

7. On the forums summary page the Last Post link switches goes to HTTP but the thread page still loads although you lose the session.
        I think I have fixed this. Can you test to confirm?
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I think I have fixed this. Can you test to confirm?
          I don't understand most of what BFM posted, but I do see the little lock symbol now where it used to say something like "Not Secured " or "Unsecured".
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post

I don't understand most of what BFM posted, but I do see the little lock symbol now where it used to say something like "Not Secured " or "Unsecured".
            Yes!

Comment

All looks good, JL.

Thanks again!

Comment

Just deleted over 50,000 posts. Maybe that will lighten up the database!

Comment

Just deleted over 50,000 posts. Maybe that will lighten up the database!
                  DDD's? I liked several of them.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

DDD's? I liked several of them.
                    Old newsbot posts.

Comment

Playing with the styles. I think I like this better than the default.

Comment

Hopefully that will fix my Tapatalk issues. It was spinning for minutes on end. Other forums are pretty instantaneous.

Comment

Man, the web version is loading like lightning for me now. I hope this lasts.

Comment

Man, the web version is loading like lightning for me now. I hope this lasts.
                            Very fast for me too. Thanks JL.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I've always been resistant to change (it took me two years to get over the fact that amber screens weren't coming back), but I'm quite pleased with the new format. Well done, JL.
                              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                                I've always been resistant to change (it took me two years to get over the fact that amber screens weren't coming back), but I'm quite pleased with the new format. Well done, JL.
                                Yeah, I'm struggling with the one space after the period.

Comment

Working...
                                X