Thanks for the mobile version

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Teenage Dirtbag
    Since 1971
    • Nov 2008
    • 1096

    #31
    Originally posted by doctorcoug View Post
    Here is the problem...you can't change the style via mobile, and you can't change the default style via mobile, either. So, I suspect, your only recourse is to have one of the admins log into the admin CP and change the default style back for you.

    It is possible to hack this style to add the hooks for the style changer, but I don't think it will be worth the effort. Better to just login and fix your problem in 30 seconds.
    Thanks, but I logged in on another computer which still had the old cookie and it loaded the default interface, so I was able to change it back.

    For some reason my phone (Windows Mobile) doesn't recognize a tap on the drop down style chooser as an instruction to do anything, so it turns out the mobile interface won't really do anything for me, but it's no big deal. I've always just read the archive, anyway, which is mobile friendly.

    Comment

    • Surfah
      Where's Wallace?
      • Nov 2008
      • 33726

      #32
      Originally posted by doctorcoug View Post
      Here is the problem...you can't change the style via mobile, and you can't change the default style via mobile, either. So, I suspect, your only recourse is to have one of the admins log into the admin CP and change the default style back for you.

      It is possible to hack this style to add the hooks for the style changer, but I don't think it will be worth the effort. Better to just login and fix your problem in 30 seconds.
      Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but on my phone I can switch between the two styles. JL changed the default to the normal view for everyone I thought.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment

      • doctorcoug
        To Win is to Honor Him
        • Jun 2009
        • 2273

        #33
        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        on my phone I can switch between the two styles..
        ypu, but if you are on the desktop and set the DEFAULT style in the user CP to the mobile style, then you are stuck with no way of changing it back.
        "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

        "So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

        Comment

        • Teenage Dirtbag
          Since 1971
          • Nov 2008
          • 1096

          #34
          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but on my phone I can switch between the two styles. JL changed the default to the normal view for everyone I thought.
          My default is the normal view. But the drop down menu to change style doesn't work on my phone, I don't know why. The options appear, but when I click on Mobile Style, it doesn't do anything. But it's really not a big deal, and certainly not worth anyone spending time on.

          My problem came when I changed my default style to mobile from my User CP. Since the mobile interface doesn't load any options to change the style, both my phone and pc were loading the mobile style, with no way to change it back.

          Comment

          • beelzebabette
            Golf & Cubs Disrespecter
            • Nov 2008
            • 2907

            #35
            Originally posted by Teenage Dirtbag View Post
            For some reason my phone (Windows Mobile) doesn't recognize a tap on the drop down style chooser as an instruction to do anything, so it turns out the mobile interface won't really do anything for me, but it's no big deal.
            I had the same problem, but I was already leaning towards the normal interface anyway. If you ever figure out the drop-down menu selection, let me know. I gave up.

            Comment

            • HuskyFreeNorthwest
              Time to camp
              • Nov 2008
              • 26082

              #36
              So I am a complete idiot, but how does one access the mobile version? I have just been accessing the standard version on my phone and would like to try our new toy.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

              Comment

              • PaloAltoCougar
                Semper infra dignitatem
                • Nov 2008
                • 16938

                #37
                Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                So I am a complete idiot, but how does one access the mobile version? I have just been accessing the standard version on my phone and would like to try our new toy.
                I join my idiot twin and repeat his request. I have a Blackberry and currently utilize approximately 6% of its features.

                Comment

                • doctorcoug
                  To Win is to Honor Him
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 2273

                  #38
                  Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                  So I am a complete idiot, but how does one access the mobile version? I have just been accessing the standard version on my phone and would like to try our new toy.
                  Bottom left hand corner...change the style to "mobile".
                  "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

                  "So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

                  Comment

                  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                    Time to camp
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26082

                    #39
                    Originally posted by doctorcoug View Post
                    Bottom left hand corner...change the style to "mobile".
                    Thanks.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

                    Comment

                    • falafel
                      loves to talk on things
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 37992

                      #40
                      So... I got a new BB recently and now I'm having trouble accessing the mobile version of CUF again. I had it all worked out using opera mini on my old phone, but my new one is having issues with opera. Instead I've tried connecting with my BB browser, but like Dirtbag mentioned above, when I select "mobile" from the drop down menu, nothing happens. It seems to react as if I didn't do anything at all.

                      I know some other people had this problem before. Did anyone figure out a solution?
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                      Dig your own grave, and save!

                      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • LA Ute
                        Receiver of Memory
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 19512

                        #41
                        I'm not sure why I never learned that there is a mobile version, but thanks. FWIW, on the Droid the non-mobile version looks fine, then mobile version is . . . visually unappealing.
                        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                        ― W.H. Auden


                        "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                        "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                        Comment

                        • falafel
                          loves to talk on things
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 37992

                          #42
                          Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                          I'm not sure why I never learned that there is a mobile version, but thanks. FWIW, on the Droid the non-mobile version looks fine, then mobile version is . . . visually unappealing.
                          What browser are you using? On my old BB, I used opera mini to access the mobile version. It looked crappy, but I didn't know any different. I got a new BB that doesn't work well with opera, so I've been using the BB browser. the mobile version looks much much better than it did in opera.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                          Dig your own grave, and save!

                          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment

                          • LA Ute
                            Receiver of Memory
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 19512

                            #43
                            Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            What browser are you using? On my old BB, I used opera mini to access the mobile version. It looked crappy, but I didn't know any different. I got a new BB that doesn't work well with opera, so I've been using the BB browser. the mobile version looks much much better than it did in opera.
                            I'm using the one that comes with the Droid. The browser is probably the single most excellent thing about the Droid - it really is beautiful. For most web sites the mobile version is not necessary.
                            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                            ― W.H. Auden


                            "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                            "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                            Comment

                            • FN Phat
                              I ♥ gateway sex
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 8691

                              #44
                              Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                              I'm using the one that comes with the Droid. The browser is probably the single most excellent thing about the Droid - it really is beautiful. For most web sites the mobile version is not necessary.
                              Agreed. CUF looks fantastic on the Droid.
                              I'm your huckleberry.


                              "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                              Comment

                              • LiveCoug
                                LA Ute loves me
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 18488

                                #45
                                I don't use the mobile version my my ipod.. it looks great as is.

                                Comment

                                Working...