Originally posted by SeattleUte
View Post
I come not to praise Caesar, but to bury him.
Collapse
X
-
-
Mike Waters is a brilliant and charismatic bully.Originally posted by Viking View PostMike Waters is the greatest internet poster of all time."Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon
Comment
-
That's what is so brilliant? He's a blogger?Originally posted by Viking View PostMaybe. But I "get" what he's doing. CG is really a blog (his) where others can comment. I don't see why he doesn't covert it into a blog and allow for comments for each post.
Or not.
I'm surprised to see you back here after what a great time you appeared to be having over there.Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.
Dig your own grave, and save!
"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American
"I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally
GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
Comment
-
-
I really would love a thread to read that describes what it was that eventually caused everyone to defect. I've read over and over about, "give me democracy", etc...but never any salient statements like, "MW was going to sell all email addresses to ad agencies, then share the profit", or "MW wanted to require you to attend church on Sunday if you wanted to play basketball...I mean post in the arena".
It would be entertaining for my curiosity to know what he wanted to do.
I think you guys are a lot of fun; I have enormous respect for NJIC and JL, so I just would love to understand more of the history, just for history's sake."Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"
"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"
Comment
-
Not that it matters, but I believe JIC was a post-Cougarguard recruit.Originally posted by doctorcoug View PostI think you guys are a lot of fun; I have enormous respect for NJIC and JL, so I just would love to understand more of the history, just for history's sake.Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.
Dig your own grave, and save!
"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American
"I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally
GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
Comment
-
When citing a high moral authority you talk about "the Gospel," I talk about the Greeks. The difference is I talk about my Gospel here. And you probably don't know that like everything else that really matters in the public sphere the Greeks invented the Gospel itself.Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View PostYou are a parody of yourself.When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
--Jonathan Swift
Comment
-
Caesar wasn't Greek.Originally posted by SeattleUte View PostWhen citing a high moral authority you talk about "the Gospel," I talk about the Greeks. The difference is I talk about my Gospel here. And you probably don't know that like everything else that really matters in the public sphere the Greeks invented the Gospel itself.
EDIT: IIRC, he was Roman. Solon? pelagius?
Comment
-
-
Actually, the title of this thread comes from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar. Of course, Shakespeare and the Romans are completely indebted to the Greeks, as are we. The substance of my post discussed famous Greeks.Originally posted by YOhio View PostCaesar wasn't Greek.
EDIT: IIRC, he was Roman. Solon? pelagius?When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
--Jonathan Swift
Comment
-
lol.Originally posted by SeattleUte View PostActually, the title of this thread comes from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar. Of course, Shakespeare and the Romans are completely indebted to the Greeks, as are we. The substance of my post discussed famous Greeks.Fitter. Happier. More Productive.
sigpic
Comment
-
-
Comment