I come not to praise Caesar, but to bury him.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • New Mexican Disaster
    Suomalainen
    • Nov 2008
    • 4549

    #181
    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    I forgot to bump this on the anniversary of Cuf's shameful fouding.
    You are a parody of yourself.

    Comment

    • Viking
      Banned
      • Jun 2009
      • 6470

      #182
      Mike Waters is the greatest internet poster of all time.

      Comment

      • wuapinmon
        Soul Plumber
        • Dec 2008
        • 30711

        #183
        Originally posted by Viking View Post
        Mike Waters is the greatest internet poster of all time.
        Mike Waters is a brilliant and charismatic bully.
        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

        Comment

        • Viking
          Banned
          • Jun 2009
          • 6470

          #184
          Maybe. But I "get" what he's doing. CG is really a blog (his) where others can comment. I don't see why he doesn't covert it into a blog and allow for comments for each post.

          Or not.

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 37987

            #185
            Originally posted by Viking View Post
            Maybe. But I "get" what he's doing. CG is really a blog (his) where others can comment. I don't see why he doesn't covert it into a blog and allow for comments for each post.

            Or not.
            That's what is so brilliant? He's a blogger?

            I'm surprised to see you back here after what a great time you appeared to be having over there.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #186
              Originally posted by falafel View Post
              That's what is so brilliant? He's a blogger?

              I'm surprised to see you back here after what a great time you appeared to be having over there.
              And considering that I'm still here, too.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • doctorcoug
                To Win is to Honor Him
                • Jun 2009
                • 2273

                #187
                I really would love a thread to read that describes what it was that eventually caused everyone to defect. I've read over and over about, "give me democracy", etc...but never any salient statements like, "MW was going to sell all email addresses to ad agencies, then share the profit", or "MW wanted to require you to attend church on Sunday if you wanted to play basketball...I mean post in the arena".

                It would be entertaining for my curiosity to know what he wanted to do.

                I think you guys are a lot of fun; I have enormous respect for NJIC and JL, so I just would love to understand more of the history, just for history's sake.
                "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

                "So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

                Comment

                • falafel
                  loves to talk on things
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 37987

                  #188
                  Originally posted by doctorcoug View Post
                  I think you guys are a lot of fun; I have enormous respect for NJIC and JL, so I just would love to understand more of the history, just for history's sake.
                  Not that it matters, but I believe JIC was a post-Cougarguard recruit.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                  Dig your own grave, and save!

                  "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                  "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • SeattleUte
                    Faith crisis consultant
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 20837

                    #189
                    Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                    You are a parody of yourself.
                    When citing a high moral authority you talk about "the Gospel," I talk about the Greeks. The difference is I talk about my Gospel here. And you probably don't know that like everything else that really matters in the public sphere the Greeks invented the Gospel itself.
                    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                    --Jonathan Swift

                    Comment

                    • YOhio
                      Hipster Mode
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26165

                      #190
                      Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                      When citing a high moral authority you talk about "the Gospel," I talk about the Greeks. The difference is I talk about my Gospel here. And you probably don't know that like everything else that really matters in the public sphere the Greeks invented the Gospel itself.
                      Caesar wasn't Greek.

                      EDIT: IIRC, he was Roman. Solon? pelagius?

                      Comment

                      • Viking
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 6470

                        #191
                        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        And considering that I'm still here, too.
                        The solution for you is easy: the ignore button.

                        MikeW says it more eloquently, as always:

                        "There's a lot more freedom and enjoyment when you no longer have to worry about keeping idiots happy. "

                        Comment

                        • SeattleUte
                          Faith crisis consultant
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 20837

                          #192
                          Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          Caesar wasn't Greek.

                          EDIT: IIRC, he was Roman. Solon? pelagius?
                          Actually, the title of this thread comes from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar. Of course, Shakespeare and the Romans are completely indebted to the Greeks, as are we. The substance of my post discussed famous Greeks.
                          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                          --Jonathan Swift

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #193
                            Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                            Actually, the title of this thread comes from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar. Of course, Shakespeare and the Romans are completely indebted to the Greeks, as are we. The substance of my post discussed famous Greeks.
                            lol.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • hostile
                              lollygagger
                              • Dec 2009
                              • 5736

                              #194
                              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              lol.
                              He took some creative license.
                              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

                              "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

                              Comment

                              • Art Vandelay
                                Striving for mediocrity
                                • Jul 2009
                                • 10516

                                #195
                                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                lol.
                                In the Greek translation, things get reversed at times. See also: Beware of March Ides.

                                Comment

                                Working...