Rule clarification

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SteelBlue
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 8189

    #181
    TB you can keep writing and writing but the bottom line is that there is no way to accomplish what you are asking for without some serious moderation. None of us (that I'm aware of) are willing to perform that moderation.

    Comment

    • RobinFinderson
      Banned
      • Nov 2008
      • 10548

      #182
      Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
      TB you can keep writing and writing but the bottom line is that there is no way to accomplish what you are asking for without some serious moderation. None of us (that I'm aware of) are willing to perform that moderation.
      I will moderate! Send me, and the glory will be MINE! *bwahahahahaha*

      Comment

      • UtahDan
        *
        • Nov 2008
        • 14496

        #183
        tb, I disagree with most of what you say but I'm glad you've said it because I think it has given me some insight. You have a very dim view of Jeff and I which I think it very unfair, but we are all entitled to our opinions. None of us see ourselves as others do. I know you feel that you are persecuted here and I am sorry you feel that way. Hopefully you will be part of making whatever changes you think are best through participation. I think you are a bit of a character, but characters are what make the world interesting.

        Comment

        • tooblue
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 5134

          #184
          Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
          tb, I disagree with most of what you say but I'm glad you've said it because I think it has given me some insight. You have a very dim view of Jeff and I which I think it very unfair, but we are all entitled to our opinions. None of us see ourselves as others do. I know you feel that you are persecuted here and I am sorry you feel that way. Hopefully you will be part of making whatever changes you think are best through participation. I think you are a bit of a character, but characters are what make the world interesting.
          I do not have a dim view of you and Jeff, when I speak I do so with absolute honesty and the bluntness is harsh. It may be a failing but it has also served me well.

          I am not persecuted and never have been.

          Comment

          • tooblue
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 5134

            #185
            Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
            TB you can keep writing and writing but the bottom line is that there is no way to accomplish what you are asking for without some serious moderation. None of us (that I'm aware of) are willing to perform that moderation.
            I am not asking for moderation.

            Comment

            • Non Sequitur
              Where did I put my bodkin
              • Nov 2008
              • 5773

              #186
              Originally posted by tooblue View Post
              I am not persecuted and never have been.
              Give me a break. You're a professional victim. You can't respond to post without first invoking that tired "why are making this about me?" refrain. You complain because the board lacks balance and then claim you don't want moderation. Well, just what in the hell is it you want?
              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

              Comment

              • SteelBlue
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 8189

                #187
                Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                I am not asking for moderation.
                There is no way to achieve what you're asking for without it.

                Comment

                • tooblue
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 5134

                  #188
                  Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                  Give me a break. You're a professional victim. You can't respond to post without first invoking that tired "why are making this about me?" refrain. You complain because the board lacks balance and then claim you don't want moderation. Well, just what in the hell is it you want?
                  What the hell do you want? Are you really saying you want this to be about you? Balance can be achieved without moderation IMO. You're often one of the few posters that's pretty good at it -- do it some more.

                  Comment

                  • tooblue
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 5134

                    #189
                    Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                    There is no way to achieve what you're asking for without it.
                    I don't agree.

                    Comment

                    • JohnnyLingo
                      La Naranja
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 3976

                      #190
                      Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                      Give me a break. You're a professional victim. You can't respond to post without first invoking that tired "why are making this about me?" refrain. You complain because the board lacks balance and then claim you don't want moderation. Well, just what in the hell is it you want?
                      I respond to someone like this and I get raked over the coals.

                      Just an observation.

                      Wuap.

                      Comment

                      • RobinFinderson
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 10548

                        #191
                        Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                        What the hell do you want? Are you really saying you want this to be about you? Balance can be achieved without moderation IMO. You're often one of the few posters that's pretty good at it -- do it some more.
                        It is either going to be moderation or inspiration, or the change won't happen.

                        And what exactly is it that you want to see in the religious forum? More respect? Where do my harmless wisecracks fit into that picture?

                        Comment

                        • DU Ute
                          RIP CUF
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 7393

                          #192
                          Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                          Give me a break. You're a professional victim. You can't respond to post without first invoking that tired "why are making this about me?" refrain.
                          He has out Lingoed Lingo, and in his own thread! Brilliant!
                          "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                          "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                          "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                          Comment

                          • JohnnyLingo
                            La Naranja
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 3976

                            #193
                            Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                            He has out Lingoed Lingo, and in his own thread! Brilliant!
                            What about those who goaded them? Where was your ‘more encouraging of respect’ in those instances?
                            The double standard lives on.

                            Comment

                            • YOhio
                              Hipster Mode
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 26165

                              #194
                              Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
                              The double standard lives on.
                              Yes, can you please stop goading Wuap. TIA.

                              Comment

                              • JohnnyLingo
                                La Naranja
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 3976

                                #195
                                Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                                Yes, can you please stop goading Wuap. TIA.
                                Exactly what I'm talking about.

                                Thank you for illustrating.

                                Comment

                                Working...