X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ACC Expansion Groundswell

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/messa...ageID=13165384

I refuse to comment on the MWC rumors.
    One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
    SU

Louisville president stumping for the school

"[The ACC] would be a great conference for us, if we ever had that opportunity," Ramsey told WDRB. "It has great academic schools, great tradition and history going back to 1953. It's changing, has picked up, of course, some schools that were an integral part of the Big East. It's a wonderful conference."
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ball/21073187/

If the ACC is smart they will let Maryland out as smooth and quickly as possible and get Louisville before the Big-12 does. The ACC is already considered the worst of the top 5 football conferences. Florida State is already worried about the conference becoming a basketball conference. Adding UConn only further solidifies the ACC's status as a basketball conference. Louisville adds a much better football team and a pretty damn good basketball team.

Comment

So many groundswells.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
        So many groundswells.
        So little time?

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2
        "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Looks like Louisville will be in after an expansion meeting tomorrow...

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ls-source-says

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            Looks like Louisville will be in after an expansion meeting tomorrow...

If you're Louisville, would you rather go to the B12 or ACC? I think the ACC is the better overall conference, but I think the B12 is more likely to exist in something resembling its current form for the next decade.

It's actually kind of ironic; the ACC is stronger top to bottom in overall value of its institutions, but that actually makes it less stable than the B12. The most attractive conferences in that part of the country (generally) are the BIG and SEC, and since the ACC has more attractive teams it's getting poached by those conferences and the B12 is more likely to survive.

Comment

L' bills is a basketball school, and the ACc is college basketball's premiere basketball conference, IMO.
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                L' bills is a basketball school, and the ACc is college basketball's premiere basketball conference, IMO.
                Ahem.. I believe the premiere BBall conference would be the BIG 1G...

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                  Ahem.. I believe the premiere BBall conference would be the BIG 1G...
                  Maybe this year, but not year in and year out.

Comment

Loiusville is a done deal now

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                      It seems that the ACC is the new Big lEast. Former Big East schools: VA Tech, Miami, Boston College, Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville, and Notre Dame (well, sort of).
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        It seems that the ACC is the new Big lEast. Former Big East schools: VA Tech, Miami, Boston College, Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville, and Notre Dame (well, sort of).
                        Yep. I think this makes the future of the B12 very precarious. Smallest conference, ACC seems to be reloading from MD loss. When we get to four conferences, the SEC and P12 will carve up the B12, and then we are stuck as an independent.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Yep. I think this makes the future of the B12 very precarious. Smallest conference, ACC seems to be reloading from MD loss. When we get to four conferences, the SEC and P12 will carve up the B12, and then we are stuck as an independent.
                          Geez. Get a hold of yourself. More likely that the SEC, P12, B12 will all go to 16. I think there are reasonable odds that we get picked up in one of those scenarios.
                          Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 11-28-2012, 08:21 AM.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

But that is at least 8-10 years off given the Big 12 grant of rights, correct? Unless that doesn't mean anything just like all the exit penalties that no one pays.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Geez. Get a hold of yourself. More likely that the SEC, P12, B12 will all go to 16. I there are reasonable odds that we get picked up in one of those scenarios.
                              I can see my constant use of the F-word, mysogenistic posts challenging anyone and everyone (except KCCougar's) manhood, frequent homages to the greatest qb in BYU and college football history and stellar sophistry have finally won a convert!

The Big-12 will have to expand, I think BYU will be one they eventually pick up but I think there is some hesitancy to wait and see where the final sweet spot, wrt # of teams in a conference, is going to shake out. I think 12 is the optimal # but it appears that it will be at least 14. The only thing that could expedite BYU's eventual BCS ascension is if the Pac is looking to expand and feels it has no choice to add BYU over its other options. Then perhaps the Big-12 will go harder after BYU. I don't know who the Pac will add to expand. The options out west are meager unless they can pry away some of the Big-12 teams.
                              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                              -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                              -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Working...
                              X