BYU Tulane thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sizzle
    #ThisIsY
    • Nov 2008
    • 9004

    #31
    6-3 cougs. A td here and I feel a lot better, especially since we start the 2nd half wth the ball.

    Comment

    • FMCoug
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 6825

      #32
      There are a few of us in chat ... come join us.
      "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

      Comment

      • Sizzle
        #ThisIsY
        • Nov 2008
        • 9004

        #33
        Payne brings me pain.

        Nice tip by Pendelton.

        Comment

        • CJF
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 8497

          #34
          If they can score a touchdown here, the game is over. I think Tulane quits in the second half.

          Crap. Hansen is hurt. Son of a.........
          A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

          Comment

          • woot
            Resident Science Cop
            • Nov 2008
            • 5531

            #35
            Damn I love the screen passes.

            Comment

            • SoonerCoug
              Joycelyn Elders Supporter
              • Nov 2008
              • 4680

              #36
              Originally posted by CJF View Post
              If they can score a touchdown here, the game is over. I think Tulane quits in the second half.

              Crap. Hansen is hurt. Son of a.........
              One more O-lineman goes down, and that's BYU's season.
              That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

              http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

              Comment

              • CJF
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 8497

                #37
                I fear for Kemp in the second half. Especially if Hall leads another scoring drive to start the 3rd. If BYU is up 27-3 Kemp is going to be dropping back early and often and that Tulane OL is not protecting him.
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

                Comment

                • SoonerCoug
                  Joycelyn Elders Supporter
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 4680

                  #38
                  Time to move some nose tackles to the O-line.
                  That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

                  http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

                  Comment

                  • Hot Lunch
                    Out of Office
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 7842

                    #39
                    Does BYU have a punt return yard in the last 2 weeks? I think the worst part of BYU's game right now is their special teams play. They have not been very positive the last 2 weeks.
                    "Take it to the Bank"

                    Comment

                    • Sizzle
                      #ThisIsY
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 9004

                      #40
                      With the exception of one drive, the D looks really stout today. Bodes well, especially if the offense can start clicking.

                      Comment

                      • Hot Lunch
                        Out of Office
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 7842

                        #41
                        I am very much against trick plays when you have a decent lead on a team. It has nothing to do with rubbing it in their face either. Save the play when you really need it and need to catch them off guard. That reverse pass was not a good call IMO. Why show it? Keep it in your back pocket.
                        "Take it to the Bank"

                        Comment

                        • woot
                          Resident Science Cop
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 5531

                          #42
                          That pick from Max came out of nowhere. Did that slip out of his hand or was the route from Pitta not what he was expecting? A quick throw on a 3-step drop is rarely that errant even from bad QBs.

                          Comment

                          • Sizzle
                            #ThisIsY
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 9004

                            #43
                            Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                            Does BYU have a punt return yard in the last 2 weeks? I think the worst part of BYU's game right now is their special teams play. They have not been very positive the last 2 weeks.
                            I agree. And if I am complaining about special teams only, I can probably live with that.

                            Also, I really like DiLuigi, but am inthe only one who worries he's going to fumble every time he touches the ball?

                            Comment

                            • Hot Lunch
                              Out of Office
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 7842

                              #44
                              Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                              I agree. And if I am complaining about special teams only, I can probably live with that.
                              They don't have much to complain about right now.
                              "Take it to the Bank"

                              Comment

                              • Sizzle
                                #ThisIsY
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 9004

                                #45
                                Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                                I am very much against trick plays when you have a decent lead on a team. It has nothing to do with rubbing it in their face either. Save the play when you really need it and need to catch them off guard. That reverse pass was not a good call IMO. Why show it? Keep it in your back pocket.
                                I agree especially on using it now. Unless of course, you are showing it now as a wrinkle of something you want to make Florida State to prepare for.

                                Comment

                                Working...