BYU Tulane thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • scottie
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 5247

    #106
    Originally posted by nikuman View Post
    ... Pretty much. We had tickets for the second row on the 35 yard line, but ended up moving up about six rows to get a better view. Sparsely attended. At least half BYU fans (probably closer to 2/3rds).
    Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Regarding attendance at the game....keep in mind that most people in Louisiana are LSU or ULALA fans. Also, Tulane has fewer than 7,000 undergrads, and maybe another 4,000 grads and med/law students. 7,000 students will not come close to filling the Superdome, and most students don't have cars, so getting to the game is a hassle from campus, and you can't have a tailgate party in a parking deck. Tulane needs its own stadium, but there's not anywhere to put one.
    The box score listed attendance at 26,224; from what it looked like on TV I would have guessed 5,000 tops:

    Comment

    • woot
      Resident Science Cop
      • Nov 2008
      • 5531

      #107
      Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
      Heaps will start for the next four years and will skip the mission. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.
      So are Lark and Munns not all they were supposed to be? I assume they've been on missions lately, but weren't they both supposed to be really good? Will they give Heaps some competition? Will one of them replace Nelson as the backup?

      Comment

      • Shaka
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 10449

        #108
        Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
        Yikes! Maybe he should have spen some time throwing some in practice then... Or on his own.
        Obviously he needs to spend less time running the option in practice and more working on his throws!

        Comment

        • cougjunkie
          *Banned*
          • Nov 2008
          • 23223

          #109
          Originally posted by woot View Post
          So are Lark and Munns not all they were supposed to be? I assume they've been on missions lately, but weren't they both supposed to be really good? Will they give Heaps some competition? Will one of them replace Nelson as the backup?
          Brandon Doman said he thinks both Lark and Munns are very good. The reason most think Heaps will start is because he will be here in January, Nelson has no arm, and Lark and Munns do not return from missions until April and May.
          *Banned*

          Comment

          • woot
            Resident Science Cop
            • Nov 2008
            • 5531

            #110
            Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            Brandon Doman said he thinks both Lark and Munns are very good. The reason most think Heaps will start is because he will be here in January, Nelson has no arm, and Lark and Munns do not return from missions until April and May.
            Bummer. Is it safe to assume that one or both of those guys will transfer if Heaps turns out to be all-world?

            Comment

            • Pheidippides
              Liberal Feminazi
              • Nov 2008
              • 14759

              #111
              Originally posted by scottie View Post
              The box score listed attendance at 26,224; from what it looked like on TV I would have guessed 5,000 tops:

              http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=292552655
              Yup. If that was 26,000, then I must count for about 60 by myself.
              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

              Comment

              • falafel
                loves to talk on things
                • Mar 2009
                • 37973

                #112
                Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                Yup. If that was 26,000, then I must count for about 60 by myself.
                I looked for you and Nikugirl on tv, but I couldn't find you. Why didn't you bring a sign to announce your presence? ESPN was dying to put a fan sign up.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                Dig your own grave, and save!

                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • Shaka
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 10449

                  #113
                  Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                  Yup. If that was 26,000, then I must count for about 60 by myself.
                  Wait.......I thought you went on a diet.

                  Comment

                  • Pheidippides
                    Liberal Feminazi
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 14759

                    #114
                    Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    I looked for you and Nikugirl on tv, but I couldn't find you. Why didn't you bring a sign to announce your presence? ESPN was dying to put a fan sign up.
                    Nikugirl made it, but only if you looked really hard.

                    I am not a sign guy.
                    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                    Comment

                    • falafel
                      loves to talk on things
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 37973

                      #115
                      Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                      Nikugirl made it, but only if you looked really hard.

                      I am not a sign guy.
                      I didn't have to be anything embarrassing. Just a simple "Falafel, I'm over here" would have been just fine.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                      Dig your own grave, and save!

                      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      Working...