Phil Steele predicts a SJSU win over the Utes?s

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hot Lunch
    Out of Office
    • Nov 2008
    • 7842

    #1

    Phil Steele predicts a SJSU win over the Utes?s

    I heard them talking about this on 1280 this morning and checked Phil's website to see if this was on there. Didn't see anything. Is this a bad thing for the U coming the Oracle of college football?

    I guess will see how knowing Mr. Steele really is with some of his upsets this week.
    "Take it to the Bank"
  • LiveCoug
    LA Ute loves me
    • Nov 2008
    • 18488

    #2
    Yes he did.. iirc, he predicted 24-23 for SJSU.. I'll try to find it again..

    Comment

    • LiveCoug
      LA Ute loves me
      • Nov 2008
      • 18488

      #3

      Comment

      • Pheidippides
        Liberal Feminazi
        • Nov 2008
        • 14759

        #4
        Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
        I heard them talking about this on 1280 this morning and checked Phil's website to see if this was on there. Didn't see anything. Is this a bad thing for the U coming the Oracle of college football?

        I guess will see how knowing Mr. Steele really is with some of his upsets this week.
        While I'm still not sold on this season's version of the Utes (that's not a slight - I just don't know how much you can tell from a game against USU), I am not sure I believe in that upset very much.
        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

        Comment

        • DrumNFeather
          Invisible Swordsman
          • Nov 2008
          • 8854

          #5
          I think that like the USU game it'll be close for a while, but the game will never really be in doubt for the Utes. I have it at 48-20 Utah.
          "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

          Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

          Comment

          • Coach McGuirk
            1
            • Nov 2008
            • 12109

            #6
            I would be shocked and would rather not have that upset happen. Would not bode well for the conference after the 56-3 shellacking SJSU just took.

            Comment

            • YOhio
              Hipster Mode
              • Nov 2008
              • 26165

              #7
              Phil Steele has spoken, the Utes are toast. So sorry Ute fans.

              Comment

              • Jarid in Cedar
                CS Institutional Memory
                • Jun 2009
                • 13234

                #8
                Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                Phil Steele has spoken, the Utes are toast. So sorry Ute fans.
                We're DOOMED!!!
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                -Rick Majerus

                Comment

                • SeattleUte
                  Faith crisis consultant
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 20837

                  #9
                  Who is he?

                  Personally, I think this is a good week to predict an upset in either game. I think at this point both teams are overrated. I'm still waiting for Utah/Cain to make its case (only natural).
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                  --Jonathan Swift

                  Comment

                  • Mormon Red Death
                    BYU Delenda Est
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 8077

                    #10
                    Oh yeah Phil Steele? I'll one up your predictions. I predict byu will lose to Tulane 45-42.

                    So there!
                    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

                    "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

                    Comment

                    • Color Me Badd Fan
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 12519

                      #11
                      Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                      Who is he?

                      Personally, I think this is a good week to predict an upset in either game. I think at this point both teams are overrated. I'm still waiting for Utah/Cain to make its case (only natural).
                      Ohio State vs. Navy was a trap game. Utah vs. SJSU and BYU vs. Tulane aren't. Cbssportsline.com ranks all 120 Div. 1 teams and Tulane is #113 and SJSU is at #101, so basically both teams are Utah State quality. Navy won eight games last year and the team is very disciplined, they're not Utah State quality.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                      Comment

                      Working...