• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    They’re athletes, not students.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ha.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• I have no doubts that shutting down the season (if it indeed does get shut down) has as much to do with these student athletes organizing with demands as it does with Covid.

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        I thought they were talking about canceling the football season, not closing campuses. If a campus is closed, that seems to be a separate issue and those consequences will apply. And even if campuses are closed, I don't see why grants-in-aid could not be given to allow student-athletes to be close their academic of other support structure.
        Trevor Lawrence says they’d send everyone home.

https://twitter.com/trevorlawrencee/...784325632?s=21

It seems like the US is determined to make everything worse. Quarantine just enough to cause serious damage to the economy but not enough to stop the spread. Pass a stimulus bill that is marginally helpful to those really hurt but devastating to the next generation. Open up everything but schools so the next generation won’t be equipped to fix the Boomer fuckups. Time to get real. America is too divided to actually solve the problem. At least let us enjoy college sports during the implosion.

Comment

I hear this argument, but don't quite understand. They will retain their scholarships, correct? They will be in the same environment, correct?
          So does everybody get an extra year? And what about incoming recruits? Do we raise the scholarship limits?

There is no way somebody doesn’t get screwed here.
          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
            So does everybody get an extra year? And what about incoming recruits? Do we raise the scholarship limits?

No doubt it’s the kids. That’s the only really constant when it comes to COVID related decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              Trevor Lawrence says they’d send everyone home.

https://twitter.com/trevorlawrencee/...784325632?s=21

It seems like the US is determined to make everything worse. Quarantine just enough to cause serious damage to the economy but not enough to stop the spread. Pass a stimulus bill that is marginally helpful to those really hurt but devastating to the next generation. Open up everything but schools so the next generation won’t be equipped to fix the Boomer fuckups. Time to get real. America is too divided to actually solve the problem. At least let us enjoy college sports during the implosion.
              Trevor Lawrence . . . .

I hear you. This has been fully messed up. I have two kids at university and this is messing with them. We're all losing a year and it sucks.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Sure, if they want it. But those that can get paid will move on to the NFL. And sure, raise scholarship limits for a year for those schools that can still afford it. Let the culling begin.

Yes, we're all getting screwed in some way. It's a pandemic. Those things happen. Just have to try to get screwed as little as possible.

Comment

• Trevor Lawrence to non-P5 college football players: ESAD!

Comment

• Welp, DeSantis has been on top of this COVID stuff from the begininng, so let's jump on his bus!

Comment

• Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

Comment

Trevor Lawrence to non-P5 college football players: ESAD!

And this is why I don't care of they play. It is only about the P5...fuck everyone else.

Well guess what? Now you get a taste of what it is like.

Comment

• I would absolutely prefer Trevor Lawrence over Trump or Biden.
                          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

I would absolutely prefer Trevor Lawrence over Trump or Biden.
                            We'd finally have a female president.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                              We'd finally have a female president.
                              "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Big Ten voted to cancel yesterday (Sunday). See who else follows today.

Comment

Working...
                                X