2020 College Football Thread (RIP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
    Big Ten voted to cancel yesterday (Sunday). See who else follows today.
    I wonder if those Ohio State players will send out another statement gushing about how awesome they are being taken care of at such an awesome institution.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• The cancelling of football really accomplishes little if campus life is not cancelled also. Those kids aren’t going to contract COVID playing a game a week. It’s going to be in the gym where they spend hours every day. Or going back to dorm life. I agree with YO and others, some players will be less safe returning home without precautions. But dorm life and football practices are colleges’ cruise ships. Outbreaks will be inevitable.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
        The cancelling of football really accomplishes little if campus life is not cancelled also. Those kids aren’t going to contract COVID playing a game a week. It’s going to be in the gym where they spend hours every day. Or going back to dorm life. I agree with YO and others, some players will be less safe returning home without precautions. But dorm life and football practices are colleges’ cruise ships. Outbreaks will be inevitable.
        You know, they do have organized practices too.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Guess the Big10 walked back the statement of cancelling the season. They dont want to be the lone target, and no other conference went along. No one wants to move first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            You know, they do have organized practices too.

But dorm life and football practices are colleges’ cruise ships.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

Yeah it was confusing to me too. Your post contradicts itself.

Comment

Yeah it was confusing to me too. Your post contradicts itself.
                Honest question. How?

The debate is being framed that they can play a game a week without spreading it to other players. That is disengenous, and that was my first statement. I said football practices and dorm life are much more risky.
                - SeattleUte

Comment

Honest question. How?

The debate is being framed that they can play a game a week without spreading it to other players. That is disengenous, and that was my first statement. I said football practices and dorm life are much more risky.
                  OK. Gotcha. Sorry, I misunderstood your original post.

Comment

• I did too, at first. Northwest meant that dorm life and practices are infectious zones. Everyone thought he meant that it was the highlife

Comment

OK. Gotcha. Sorry, I misunderstood your original post.
                      No worries.
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

The cancelling of football really accomplishes little if campus life is not cancelled also. Those kids aren’t going to contract COVID playing a game a week. It’s going to be in the gym where they spend hours every day. Or going back to dorm life. I agree with YO and others, some players will be less safe returning home without precautions. But dorm life and football practices are colleges’ cruise ships. Outbreaks will be inevitable.
                        They'll be getting regular testing if the season continues. That won't be the case if it's cancelled. I also worry if the season is cancelled that MBN will throw his shoulder out of socket patting himself on the back.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          They'll be getting regular testing if the season continues. That won't be the case if it's cancelled. I also worry if the season is cancelled that MBN will throw his shoulder out of socket patting himself on the back.
                          He is such a coronabro!

Comment

I hadn’t considered that.

Play college football!!!
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              He is such a coronabro!
                              Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              I hadn’t considered that.

Play college football!!!
                              Hey, don't hate just because I'm so awesome.

I'm with Tick. BYU got left out in the cold when they went to conference only or conference plus one. Let them burn as well.

It seems wrong at the college level to test football players on a regular basis and not do the same for the other students. Why are my kids less worthy of that care and concern?

Yeah, there's an obvious answer to that question, and that motivation is the problem here.
                              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                                Hey, don't hate just because I'm so awesome.

I'm with Tick. BYU got left out in the cold when they went to conference only or conference plus one. Let them burn as well.

It seems wrong at the college level to test football players on a regular basis and not do the same for the other students. Why are my kids less worthy of that care and concern?

Yeah, there's an obvious answer to that question, and that motivation is the problem here.
                                Maybe I'm being dense here, but what's the motivation that has you concerned? It's not so obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X