the official craft bear thread: BYU v. Cal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    high risk title, but you’ve got to be most afraid of the guy with nothing to lose
    Exactly. Least interesting man in the world.

Comment

• BYU lacks talent because its recruiting pool runs narrow and deep. But one thing that always impresses me about BYU is the work ethic. BYU teams never underachieve. They’re mature (the median age is literally a lot higher than any other team), they work harder than anyone, and they hit hard. You should be proud of your team whatever the outcome; they stand for something that’s good.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• https://twitter.com/gregwrubell/stat...289892864?s=19

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          BYU lacks talent because its recruiting pool runs narrow and deep. But one thing that always impresses me about BYU is the work ethic. BYU teams never underachieve. They’re mature (the median age is literally a lot higher than any other team), they work harder than anyone, and they hit hard. You should be proud of your team whatever the outcome; they stand for something that’s good.
          Who are you? Please stop by Ellis Island to introduce yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
            Who are you? Please stop by Ellis Island to introduce yourself.
            Don’t let SU’s faint praise of BYU fool you into thinking he’s being complimentary.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
              Most of us thought we had a chance to be 1-1 after two games. Az is way worse than we thought and Cal is a little better than what we thought. We are still 1-1. The team is better than last year but just not vastly better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Cal is worse than i thought. They have nobody on offense and i think their defense will get exposed once they start playing half decent offenses. They've played two of the worst offenses on the country so far. They suck really bad.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                That is right about where we are.
                Sorry, I meant to stop and say hi at the game, but it was all I could do to get to and from my seat with those crutches. And a little embarrassed we left with 5 minutes left, but my foot was killing me, and I needed to get it up with some good pain pills. I may have taken an extra pill last night...

See you at the next game. It should be a well matched game. GO COUGARS, BEAT THOSE NO GOOD STINKING COWBOYS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  Don’t let SU’s faint praise of BYU fool you into thinking he’s being complimentary.
                  I'm impressed by all the novel points. You BYU fans must feel so enlightened.

Comment

BYU needs a new quarterback. Mangum is terrible.
                    Just think about how terrible the people on the bench behind him have to be if they couldn’t beat Mangum out. Pa. The. Tic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                      Just think about how terrible the people on the bench behind him have to be if they couldn’t beat Mangum out. Pa. The. Tic.
                      ... ok, maybe not to bring me to tears, but that's funny.
                      Last edited by tooblue; 09-09-2018, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                        Cal is worse than i thought. They have nobody on offense and i think their defense will get exposed once they start playing half decent offenses. They've played two of the worst offenses on the country so far. They suck really bad.
                        I think they are better than last year. Like us. Shitty but better.

Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

BYU lacks talent because its recruiting pool runs narrow and deep. But one thing that always impresses me about BYU is the work ethic. BYU teams never underachieve. They’re mature (the median age is literally a lot higher than any other team), they work harder than anyone, and they hit hard. You should be proud of your team whatever the outcome; they stand for something that’s good.
                          SU, it is nice to have you as a BYU fan. Brace yourself, it is a path of many sorrows. But all that suffering makes the occasional victory that much sweeter.

Can't wait to see what your nephew will do. He sounds great.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                            I think they are better than last year. Like us. Shitty but better.

BYU is better than last year and if they could find one playmaking receiver on offense via JC, or if that Gunner Romney kid can do it, and if one of the DE's could develop into a pass rasher BYU could actually be good. Well that assumes we find better qb play next year, which BYU should by then. The key is making a bowl game this year by beating everyone they should, IMO. The coaching is good, IMO. QB play is average at best and the receivers are a bigger problem - just a lack of talent on offensive playmakers. I gotta think BYU can find a DE that can rush..someday somehow! Seriously, BYU's secondary is way better than BYU's pass rush - how strange is that?
                            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                              BYU is better than last year and if they could find one playmaking receiver on offense via JC, or if that Gunner Romney kid can do it, and if one of the DE's could develop into a pass rasher BYU could actually be good. Well that assumes we find better qb play next year, which BYU should by then. The key is making a bowl game this year by beating everyone they should, IMO. The coaching is good, IMO. QB play is average at best and the receivers are a bigger problem - just a lack of talent on offensive playmakers. I gotta think BYU can find a DE that can rush..someday somehow! Seriously, BYU's secondary is way better than BYU's pass rush - how strange is that?
                              This is true. We have zero pass rushers. Corbin was good against Arizona, terrible against Cal.

Takitaki is your best pash rusher, but he is also your best LB in coverage and against the run. He can't be everywhere.

Zayne is better than I thought.

Butch whiffed on the quarterback the last play of the game.

Troy Warner looks atrocious so far.

Keenan Ellis has played about 10 snaps and probably given up 8 receptions.

On Offense the receivers haven't stepped up. The fact that we run a very vanilla offense doesn't help. We spent a game and a half setting up that Dylan Collie play. Tanner throws a perfect ball, Collie high points it like he is supposed to and can't bring it in. That killed our momentum. Total drive killer. Also the Beau Hoge runs, and 3 Simon drops.

I still think we are better than Cal and should have beat them pretty easily.
                              *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                                This is true. We have zero pass rushers. Corbin was good against Arizona, terrible against Cal.

Takitaki is your best pash rusher, but he is also your best LB in coverage and against the run. He can't be everywhere.

Zayne is better than I thought.

Butch whiffed on the quarterback the last play of the game.

Troy Warner looks atrocious so far.

Keenan Ellis has played about 10 snaps and probably given up 8 receptions.

On Offense the receivers haven't stepped up. The fact that we run a very vanilla offense doesn't help. We spent a game and a half setting up that Dylan Collie play. Tanner throws a perfect ball, Collie high points it like he is supposed to and can't bring it in. That killed our momentum. Total drive killer. Also the Beau Hoge runs, and 3 Simon drops.

I still think we are better than Cal and should have beat them pretty easily.
                                I don't know if I think BYU is better than Cal but I think BYU is much better than last year.
                                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Working...
                                X