I love Jeff Monken. In an objective moment I still think Coach Brother Ken is better but perhaps Monken is a year or two away from really filling out the team from top to bottom. But I can't get it out of my mind that with everything Army had to its advantage that game should not have tightened up the way it did in the 2nd half. But the tight wins are the best in so many ways.
Did Goatnapper see this?
Collapse
X
-
I love Jeff Monken. In an objective moment I still think Coach Brother Ken is better but perhaps Monken is a year or two away from really filling out the team from top to bottom. But I can't get it out of my mind that with everything Army had to its advantage that game should not have tightened up the way it did in the 2nd half. But the tight wins are the best in so many ways.Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
-General George S. Patton
I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
-DOCTOR Wuap
-
I was a plebe in 1990-91. Was he USMA class of '93 or '94? In any case there is a chance I might know him. Although I don't remember the stolen MP car story so that likely happened while I was on my mission from '92-'94.Originally posted by San Juan Sun View PostNapper, I have a friend who was a plebe in 1990, and was a part of the group that put the goat in the mess hall and also strung somebody up between two buildings? Crazy stories. Says he almost got kicked out of West Point several times for different "spirit missions". Said at one point he stole an MP car and drove it all over campus as a distraction to keep his plebes out of trouble. Said he did 170 punishment tours ( thin that what he called them) and that he was a century man. Said he loved/hated his time at West Point. He was really happy about the game, obviously.
I still remember the roar of the Corps when they marched the Goat through the mess hall the week of Army-Navy December '90 my plebe year.
What an awesome win and so much fun for me to reminisce about the good memories rather than suppressing it while consoling myself that there is always next year.Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
-General George S. Patton
I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
-DOCTOR Wuap
Comment
-
Hey goatnapper, I never watch that game because it is super boring (going to side with Trump here), but congrats on your team finally winning!"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
"It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
"Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster
Comment
-
I wonder if Niumatalolo regrets not taking that BYU job yet.
Congrats GN... good win."If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
"Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
Comment
-
So happy he turned it down. Phew.Originally posted by Uncle Ted View PostI wonder if Niumatalolo regrets not taking that BYU job yet.
Congrats GN... good win."There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
"It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
"Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster
Comment
-
I don't know how the offensive system would have gone but Ken N is a hell of a good football coach. Kalani might yet prove to be that good, but words cannot express how impressed I am with what Navy has accomplished under Brother Coach Ken.Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View PostSo happy he turned it down. Phew.Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
-General George S. Patton
I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
-DOCTOR Wuap
Comment
-
82nd Airborne - ALL-AMERICAN-Destroying Angels Death from Above = Electoral College Victory with every state represented....Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View PostThanks to all for the comments. It was a great day. The Army uniforms are based upon those worn by the 82nd Airborne Division - nicknamed the All American division because it had soldiers representing every US State- when they parachuted into France on D-Day. They jumped into a village named Saint-Mere-Eglise and the village was decimated in the battle including the village Catholic Chapel. Before it was destroyed there was a stained glass window with Angels represented. When WWII ended the villagers rebuilt their Church to include the stained glass window and they once again put angels in the window...This time the angels were US Army Paratroopers from the 82nd Airborne with parachutes attached. I hope you all enjoyed the greatest annual amateur athletic event in the world. I enjoyed it more than I had in a very long time.
BEAT NAVY!
MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
-General George S. Patton
I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
-DOCTOR Wuap
Comment
Comment