Guess What? The Y Got a Fever!: BYU vs Mississippi State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    Don't judge me, but Miss. St. was my first home football game. Usually, my dad, brother and I go on a fishing trip, but with dad's Alzheimers and declining health, we decided that camping at high altitudes was no longer a viable option. So, we did the football game.

I was in the East stands (pretty far up), and I was surprised at how quiet the stadium seemed. I heard people comment on the great crowd noise, but overall, the atmosphere was a bit of a dud until overtime from where I sat.

I hope I can hold onto the memory of high fiving and hugging my pops immediately after we secured the win, and that somehow it will override the realization that he really wasn't sure what was going on much of the game. I'd look over and he'd have this blank--almost scared--look on his face.

At any rate, the scenery, the weather, the company, and the game equaled a great experience.

Very heart warming story, GM. I was at the game with my young son who was asleep for most of the second half. He did wake up for the double overtime. My hope is some day he will be a son like you and take me to all the BYU football games in Big 12 country.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I gave my tickets to my two oldest boys. They had a good time and I wish I was there. I guess my brother got in a good argument with a 30 something fan in front of him over the time out call with only 14 seconds left in the first half.

Then this lady, (larger size) right next to my one son kept getting up and marching in place and looking at her watch. Some kind of excercise I guess. It was the worst when she would turn and talk to her husband with her big butt sticking right in the kids face.

The best though was the picture they took of the fan in front of them.

20161014_233755 (002).jpg

Comment

• Someone had to go deep into the closet for royal blues.
        One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
        SU

Comment

Working...
        X