Help Wanted: Who replaces Bronco?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jay santos
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 13652

    #1351
    No chatter today?

    Comment

    • USUC
      Chronic Poseur
      • Apr 2010
      • 8795

      #1352
      Originally posted by jay santos View Post
      No chatter today?
      I think at this point everyone has come to terms that the earliest an announcement will come is Monday. Tom will talk to Whit after the bowl game. My guess is Whit is his top target. If Whit doesn't want to make the move, it will be KS.

      Comment

      • Uncle Ted
        The Big 12 money shot.
        • Apr 2010
        • 28853

        #1353
        Originally posted by USUC View Post
        I think at this point everyone has come to terms that the earliest an announcement will come is Monday. Tom will talk to Whit after the bowl game. My guess is Whit is his top target. If Whit doesn't want to make the move, it will be KS.
        Whit? Wouldn't that be like Darth Vader becoming good again? Oh wait...



        I guess it may be possible.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • Crockett
          Junior Member
          • Sep 2013
          • 850

          #1354
          Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          Whit? Wouldn't that be like Darth Vader becoming good again? Oh wait...



          I guess it may be possible.
          Kudos for capturing the Zeitgeist.

          Comment

          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
            Time to camp
            • Nov 2008
            • 26082

            #1355
            Any chance that part of what is making the search take a little longer is finding someone that likes the ribs at Milagros?
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

            Comment

            • SCcoug
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 7625

              #1356
              Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              Any chance that part of what is making the search take a little longer is finding someone that likes the ribs at Milagros?
              That was so 2011. BYU coaches are all about Bam Bam's now.

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69720

                #1357
                Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                Any chance that part of what is making the search take a little longer is finding someone that likes the ribs at Milagros?
                We can only hope.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • MartyFunkhouser
                  Disciple of RNGesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 18756

                  #1358
                  ----------------------
                  Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 09-13-2016, 05:15 PM.
                  As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69720

                    #1359
                    Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                    I'm shocked with the owners stellar history with restaurants that they are still in business.
                    That place is so bad.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    • Eddie
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 8098

                      #1360
                      Now, I've never hired a head coach. And I know there are some differences. But I can't help but shake my head at some of the angst as every time there is an interview the prevailing belief seems to be that either the guy isn't the first choice and has been told to wait, or the guy has turned down BYU, or that they are negotiating a contract.

                      We've hired a few people at my place of work. Every time we've interviewed more than one person. Every time we've interviewed all of the candidates that we wanted to interview prior to making an offer to anyone. There have been times when I had a favorite that I anticipated being the person I would end up offering to, but I still went through the entire process of interviewing all of the candidates and seeing how they do in the interview before making an official decision. Sometimes I've hired the person I initially thought was the favorite. A couple of times I didn't.

                      Now - if Andy Reid is out there and wants the job, I could see interviewing JUST him and making an offer if it's going to work. I'm sure Michigan felt the same way about Harbaugh.

                      But if there really are 2-3 potential candidates that could be the right hire, and you really are trying to decide between the 2-3, wouldn't you interview ALL of them before deciding anything? How would you know who was first, second, or third choice in order to try to interview them in order and keep offering them in order until one accepts?

                      I'm sure I'm oversimplifying this a little. But I don't have a problem with BYU interviewing multiple candidates and none of them coming away with an offer right away or BYU making an announcement right away. Check out all of your candidates. Interview all of them before making any decisions.

                      It's like the world has forgotten how people are hired. They think BYU already knows who their first choice is before even interviewing the candidates to get a picture of their vision for the future of the program and getting information that I would think is critical in determining who that first choice is.

                      Comment

                      • HBCoug
                        Peanut Gallery Asshat
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 2082

                        #1361
                        Sitake got his offer tonight.

                        Comment

                        • frank ryan
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 12381

                          #1362
                          Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                          Sitake got his offer tonight.
                          That's good news.

                          Comment

                          • Surfah
                            Where's Wallace?
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 33726

                            #1363
                            Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                            Sitake got his offer tonight.
                            I figured that's what Stevenson's done deal tweet was about.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                              Time to camp
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 26082

                              #1364
                              Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                              I figured that's what Stevenson's done deal tweet was about.
                              I thought it was that Derik has just eaten his 20th crab leg at the buffet.
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

                              Comment

                              • Commando
                                Explosivo
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 20748

                                #1365
                                Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                                I thought it was that Derik has just eaten his 20th crab leg at the buffet.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                                Comment

                                Working...