Help Wanted: Who replaces Bronco?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • myboynoah
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 21719

    #766
    Originally posted by pelagius View Post
    Isn't it just as bad that JiC capitalized the last letter? Does SitakE really do that?
    If it continues, it will bug me.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

    Comment

    • myboynoah
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 21719

      #767
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

      For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

      Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

      Comment

      • Maximus
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2009
        • 6023

        #768
        Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
        A smart poster who knows a lot about sports assured me that when successful service Academy coaches move on they don't take the option with them. They only run it at the academies because they feel like they have to.
        Like Paul Johnson?

        Comment

        • Omaha 680
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2011
          • 11181

          #769
          Originally posted by Maximus View Post
          Like Paul Johnson?
          McBain.jpg

          Comment

          • LiveCoug
            LA Ute loves me
            • Nov 2008
            • 18488

            #770
            Out of curiosity, what was GT running offensively before Paul Johnson got there?

            Doesn't GT have some sort of history with the triple O anyway?

            Comment

            • Green Monstah
              Royal Rooter
              • Aug 2010
              • 13962

              #771
              I have zero high level connections, but the one guy I do know who may know says what seems to be obvious: if Ken N. wants the job, it's his.
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

              "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

              Comment

              • BlueK
                Senior Member
                • May 2011
                • 7192

                #772
                Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                Out of curiosity, what was GT running offensively before Paul Johnson got there?

                Doesn't GT have some sort of history with the triple O anyway?
                maybe that's why they wanted Paul Johnson.

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69716

                  #773
                  Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  As for me, He, and funk and the rest of the lot can stay away from this thread.
                  Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  Whatever. Sort of like trying to keep LAUte or BYU71 or some of the others away, I guess. But, hey, if you are afraid of missing a moments endearment from SU's sports lunacy, then may he post at will. As for me, he can GTFO. This isnt speaker's corner, this isnt a university. This isn't a Ute-themed board, as was made abundantly clear by the name change. So why should I need to be worried about his (or any Ute's) little whinings about this topic?
                  Since creekster is a member of the CS executive committee, I feel I need to comment on this to make sure there is no misunderstanding. Yes, this is a BYU-themed board, meaning our branding and target audience is BYU sports. But that does not mean that ute fans are not welcome here. Nor are they expected to refrain from posting in any threads, including this one. Creekster is expressing his personal preference.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • Applejack
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2012
                    • 3813

                    #774
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Since creekster is a member of the CS executive committee, I feel I need to comment on this to make sure there is no misunderstanding. Yes, this is a BYU-themed board, meaning our branding and target audience is BYU sports. But that does not mean that ute fans are not welcome here. Nor are they expected to refrain from posting in any threads, including this one. Creekster is expressing his personal preference.

                    Comment

                    • smokymountainrain
                      Impressive Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 22593

                      #775
                      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Since creekster is a member of the CS executive committee, I feel I need to comment on this to make sure there is no misunderstanding. Yes, this is a BYU-themed board, meaning our branding and target audience is BYU sports. But that does not mean that ute fans are not welcome here. Nor are they expected to refrain from posting in any threads, including this one. Creekster is expressing his personal preference.
                      and we love him for it.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

                      Comment

                      • Y84it
                        Junior Member
                        • Jul 2010
                        • 549

                        #776
                        I have changed my mind on Ken N. I think he is going to be a great recruiter, ambassador and coach for BYU. I think he is smart enough to know that he has a QB /WR /OL that can be a pro set. In fact won't be surprised if we don't take a few pages from Stanford's playbook. . He has coached other things other than the Triple Option. He was a coach here at UNLV 10 years ago. I think OC DC coordinator hires are what we need to worry about more than the HC as far as scheme goes.


                        Maybe I am just talking myself off the edge.
                        ( FYI I most likely wrote that incoherently and will be properly corrected forthwith. Thanks)

                        Comment

                        • smokymountainrain
                          Impressive Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22593

                          #777
                          Originally posted by Y84it View Post
                          I have changed my mind on Ken N. I think he is going to be a great recruiter, ambassador and coach for BYU. I think he is smart enough to know that he has a QB /WR /OL that can be a pro set. In fact won't be surprised if we don't take a few pages from Stanford's playbook. . He has coached other things other than the Triple Option. He was a coach here at UNLV 10 years ago. I think OC DC coordinator hires are what we need to worry about more than the HC as far as scheme goes.


                          Maybe I am just talking myself off the edge.
                          If Ken N is hired, BYU will not run the triple option.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

                          Comment

                          • myboynoah
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 21719

                            #778
                            Originally posted by Y84it View Post
                            I have changed my mind on Ken N. I think he is going to be a great recruiter, ambassador and coach for BYU. I think he is smart enough to know that he has a QB /WR /OL that can be a pro set. In fact won't be surprised if we don't take a few pages from Stanford's playbook. . He has coached other things other than the Triple Option. He was a coach here at UNLV 10 years ago. I think OC DC coordinator hires are what we need to worry about more than the HC as far as scheme goes.


                            Maybe I am just talking myself off the edge.
                            KL's tough love is starting to pay off.
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                            For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                            Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                            Comment

                            • Topper
                              Pre-Historic Man
                              • Nov 2011
                              • 11764

                              #779
                              Originally posted by Y84it View Post
                              I have changed my mind on Ken N. I think he is going to be a great recruiter, ambassador and coach for BYU. I think he is smart enough to know that he has a QB /WR /OL that can be a pro set. In fact won't be surprised if we don't take a few pages from Stanford's playbook. . He has coached other things other than the Triple Option. He was a coach here at UNLV 10 years ago. I think OC DC coordinator hires are what we need to worry about more than the HC as far as scheme goes.


                              Maybe I am just talking myself off the edge.
                              If he is selected or already has been selected over other candidates who may or may not have withdrawn their names, I will remain hopeful as there are positive signs. In any event, he is a bit too churchy for my tastes for a football coach, but if it works then so be it.

                              I do not believe he would be inflexible in regards to what style of offense he would implement as he adapted to the UNLV style when he was tight end/special teams coach. He has been successful at Navy, which is not an easy place to succeed, and he has routinely defeated his rival. Those are positive aspects. What sort of staff could he create, how much money is the AD going to give him to hire a good staff? Those are important questions as well.
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                              Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                              Comment

                              • Sullyute
                                a day late/a dollar short
                                • Jul 2010
                                • 3308

                                #780
                                Originally posted by Y84it View Post
                                I have changed my mind on Ken N. I think he is going to be a great recruiter, ambassador and coach for BYU. I think he is smart enough to know that he has a QB /WR /OL that can be a pro set. In fact won't be surprised if we don't take a few pages from Stanford's playbook. . He has coached other things other than the Triple Option. He was a coach here at UNLV 10 years ago. I think OC DC coordinator hires are what we need to worry about more than the HC as far as scheme goes.
                                So was he on Mike Sanford's staff?
                                "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

                                Comment

                                Working...