Extermination Order: BYU @ Missouri

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TexTechCoug
    Carbonite
    • Nov 2010
    • 891

    #31
    Tim Wolfe only needs to hand write an apology, admit his white privilege, and resign. Then Missouri can let the Legion of Black Collegians select the new president. I tried to see what the 1969 demands were.

    Amazing that a university system this size is now being held hostage by a group that at best represents 7% of the student body. Systematic oppression and white privilege are going to be hard to both prove, but they seem to have a plan to fix them.

    Comment

    • Commando
      Explosivo
      • Feb 2009
      • 20748

      #32
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

      Comment

      • Omaha 680
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2011
        • 11181

        #33
        Originally posted by TexTechCoug View Post
        Tim Wolfe only needs to hand write an apology, admit his white privilege, and resign. Then Missouri can let the Legion of Black Collegians select the new president. I tried to see what the 1969 demands were.

        Amazing that a university system this size is now being held hostage by a group that at best represents 7% of the student body. Systematic oppression and white privilege are going to be hard to both prove, but they seem to have a plan to fix them.
        I haven't read the exact complaints, but some of the articles said this stems from incidents where students were called the N word and another where a swastika was spread on a dorm wall with feces? While repugnant acts, do these rise to the level of needing hunger strikes and demanding resignations? I guess the President really botched the PR in his original response to the events?

        Comment

        • Commando
          Explosivo
          • Feb 2009
          • 20748

          #34
          Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
          I haven't read the exact complaints, but some of the articles said this stems from incidents where students were called the N word and another where a swastika was spread on a dorm wall with feces? While repugnant acts, do these rise to the level of needing hunger strikes and demanding resignations? I guess the President really botched the PR in his original response to the events?
          They weren't happy with the official response, which was, reportedly, downplaying the incidents.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

          Comment

          • PaloAltoCougar
            Semper infra dignitatem
            • Nov 2008
            • 16936

            #35
            I haven't researched the feces-smearing incident, nor will I, as I don't want to think what that will do to my Google ads feed, but why is this incident thought to have racist implications? Disgusting, to be sure, but from what little one can glean from the reports there wasn't a racial connection, was there?

            Comment

            • All-American
              Right, as Usual
              • Nov 2008
              • 15664

              #36
              Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              I haven't researched the feces-smearing incident, nor will I, as I don't want to think what that will do to my Google ads feed, but why is this incident thought to have racist implications? Disgusting, to be sure, but from what little one can glean from the reports there wasn't a racial connection, was there?
              They smeared a swastica. I think the racial connection is in there.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

              Comment

              • HawkeyeCoug
                Junior Member
                • Oct 2015
                • 35

                #37
                When I was at U of Iowa a black dental student named Tarsha Claiborne sent out anonymous racist threats, including blowing up the dental school. She was even interviewed on TV saying how the "racist threats" were making her scared. Then they tracked the threats to her, and an administrator expressed surprise, expecting it to be a white man between 25 and 55 as they were responsible for the evil in the world.

                I am betting the feces incident is probably something similar, with people trying to create a situation.

                Comment

                • YOhio
                  Hipster Mode
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26165

                  #38
                  Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  I haven't researched the feces-smearing incident, nor will I, as I don't want to think what that will do to my Google ads feed, but why is this incident thought to have racist implications? Disgusting, to be sure, but from what little one can glean from the reports there wasn't a racial connection, was there?
                  I could be wrong but I think the swastikas is thought by some to be a statement of white racial superiority. That said, I'm not sure about a swastika written in #2. Could be saying the opposite.

                  Comment

                  • Blueintheface
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 15382

                    #39
                    Originally posted by HawkeyeCoug View Post
                    When I was at U of Iowa a black dental student named Tarsha Claiborne sent out anonymous racist threats, including blowing up the dental school. She was even interviewed on TV saying how the "racist threats" were making her scared. Then they tracked the threats to her, and an administrator expressed surprise, expecting it to be a white man between 25 and 55 as they were responsible for the evil in the world.

                    I am betting the feces incident is probably something similar, with people trying to create a situation.
                    Cringe-worthy Orthodox LDS response. Some thoughts are best kept to yourself.
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                    Comment

                    • The_Douger
                      Athletic Supporter
                      • Jun 2012
                      • 5413

                      #40
                      Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                      Yeah I'm thinking there is a pretty good chance that this game gets cancelled. Too bad -- I was looking forward to it.
                      Look at the bright side, one and and done with Mizzou at our place! No FCS game that year!
                      Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                      Comment

                      • old_gregg
                        scaly man fish
                        • Nov 2009
                        • 16915

                        #41
                        Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        I haven't researched the feces-smearing incident, nor will I, as I don't want to think what that will do to my Google ads feed, but why is this incident thought to have racist implications? Disgusting, to be sure, but from what little one can glean from the reports there wasn't a racial connection, was there?
                        incognito mode will unlock the signs and tokens of the internet for you.
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                        Comment

                        • Green Monstah
                          Royal Rooter
                          • Aug 2010
                          • 13955

                          #42
                          Me and four friends are flying to KC on Friday with our sons. This really sucks.
                          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                          "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                          Comment

                          • SCcoug
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 7625

                            #43
                            Originally posted by All-American View Post
                            Why can't I shake the feeling there would be no protest if Mizzou was in the hunt for the SEC east?
                            Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                            So cynical.
                            At least some of the coaches/players feel this way.

                            Comment

                            • Parrot Head
                              Operation Hot Mother
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 2322

                              #44
                              Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              I could be wrong but I think the swastikas is thought by some to be a statement of white racial superiority. That said, I'm not sure about a swastika written in #2. Could be saying the opposite.
                              Yes, that some people are so stupid they will handle their own feces in order to make a bigoted statement.


                              This is a very interesting situation and I'm feeling better at this point that I couldn't talk CA into ditching his business trip for a KC excursion.
                              I have nothing else to say at this time.

                              Comment

                              • kccougar
                                9262
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 7020

                                #45
                                This guy is a fan of unionization, but aside from that I think he frames the Mizzou issue well:

                                Get NCAA College Football news, scores, stats, poll rankings & more for your favorite college teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.
                                "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                                Comment

                                Working...