"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -----------------------
    Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 09-13-2016, 10:56 AM.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
      I would appreciate if if you didn't misrepresent what I said about Scalley. Thanks.

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1234621

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1234625

The majority of my reservation was not having Whittingham there to guide him and putting him in a situation that he is not ready for. It is Whittingham's defense and he will be running it anyway. He has shown the ability to mentor unqualified candidates in the past (see Kalani Sitake when Whittingham hired him).
      I.e., you don't think Scalley can do the job unless Whit is there to tell him how to do it. Sounds like a great hire.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        I.e., you don't think Scalley can do the job unless Whit is there to tell him how to do it. Sounds like a great hire.
        You can't have just anyone build your muscle car.

Comment

He probably is an asshole to work for. Most successful college football coaches are assholes.

Where you are wrong is that I questioned him being a DC under anyone other than Whittingham. Under Whittingham, it really doesn't matter who the DC is the defense will be successful. I'm starting to wonder if hiring Pease was a giant fuck you to everyone who was ridiculously giving Sitake credit for Whittingham's defense. In the future, I hope people are smart enough not to give Whittingham's coordinator the credit; the credit belongs to Whittingham.

Utah shouldn't be wasting money hiring an experienced DC. Reallocate those funds to other coaches or Whittingham's salary. Sure Scalley's credentials aren't great, but it doesn't matter.
          i love this. great post.
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
            i love this. great post.
            It's hilarious.

Can't imagine why they don't just hire a cardboard cutout and save a ton of cash.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

--Kendrick Lamar

Comment

--Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Scalley is a really good recruiter. Giving him the promotion ensures that he stays on the staff, so I'm happy with the hire. I would be terrified with the hire if Whittingham wasn't still at Utah. It is the same reason that Sitake was promoted rather than hire someone who was qualified for the position. The DC at Utah is there to coach a position group, recruit, and do what Whittingham says to do with the defense.
                  That's too bad. A DC should be there to run the defense.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Scalley is a really good recruiter. Giving him the promotion ensures that he stays on the staff, so I'm happy with the hire. I would be terrified with the hire if Whittingham wasn't still at Utah. It is the same reason that Sitake was promoted rather than hire someone who was qualified for the position. The DC at Utah is there to coach a position group, recruit, and do what Whittingham says to do with the defense.
                    you truly have no idea what you're talking about
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

--Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Former BYU commit Garrett Bolles committed to Utah today.
                        The stability of the offensive staff won him over.

Comment

--Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post

Junkie says the offer list is what matters most. This one is very impressive! http://sports.yahoo.com/smu/football...-Bolles-169342
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                              He also said today that he was impressed with how Utah takes care of players with families.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Of course he did.

Comment

Working...
                                X