If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread
lol. FTR, I have no idea what Andre Miller, Mike Doleac or Delon Wright are doing in the pre-season.
What about Hanno Mottola?
It's amazing the lengths funk will go to to try and discredit a guy that won NPOY in basketball. I don't think I'd go to the Ute board and point out Alex Smiths inability to do anything of note in the NFL and he was the top overall pick in the draft.
"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf
It's amazing the lengths funk will go to to try and discredit a guy that won NPOY in basketball. I don't think I'd go to the Ute board and point out Alex Smiths inability to do anything of note in the NFL and he was the top overall pick in the draft.
It's amazing the lengths funk will go to to try and discredit a guy that won NPOY in basketball. I don't think I'd go to the Ute board and point out Alex Smiths inability to do anything of note in the NFL and he was the top overall pick in the draft.
It's amazing the lengths funk will go to to try and discredit a guy that won NPOY in basketball. I don't think I'd go to the Ute board and point out Alex Smiths inability to do anything of note in the NFL and he was the top overall pick in the draft.
You aren't helping the argument.
Jimmer was the greatest college basketball player this state has ever seen. He was an phenomenon and a player even ute fans couldn't hate. He put this state on the map and he is a legend. His pro career however has been underwhelming, so far. I still have hope, as I have seen the systems he has been in and the coaches he has played for.
Alex Smith has underwhelmed for the #1 overall pick, sure you expect more. But he has started for 12 seasons in the NFL and has had an average career. If him and Rodgers were swapped spots in the draft and he was a late first round pick, his career wouldn't be so bad.
Jimmer was the greatest college basketball player this state has ever seen. He was an phenomenon and a player even ute fans couldn't hate. He put this state on the map and he is a legend.....
I really agree with you here. I never understood the Jimmerphobia held by some of my fellow Utes. Seems like a super nice guy and really was arguably one of, if not the most entertaining college bball players in this state. He was also gracious and a great sport about putting up with all of the Jimmer worship/obsession weirdness.
I really agree with you here. I never understood the Jimmerphobia held by some of my fellow Utes. Seems like a super nice guy and really was arguably one of, if not the most entertaining college bball players in this state. He was also gracious and a great sport about putting up with all of the Jimmer worship/obsession weirdness.
I am not a Jimmerphobe. I actually really don't dislike him. I am weird out by his cult and don't like his cult.
As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
--Kendrick Lamar
Jimmer was the greatest college basketball player this state has ever seen. He was an phenomenon and a player even ute fans couldn't hate. He put this state on the map and he is a legend. His pro career however has been underwhelming, so far. I still have hope, as I have seen the systems he has been in and the coaches he has played for.
Alex Smith has underwhelmed for the #1 overall pick, sure you expect more. But he has started for 12 seasons in the NFL and has had an average career. If him and Rodgers were swapped spots in the draft and he was a late first round pick, his career wouldn't be so bad.
As usual, you are confusing his notoriety and Jimmermania with being the best. He isn't even the best player ever to play at BYU, that would be Danny Ainge.
Jimmer will always be recognized because he was the first big social media star at any level. The freak show factor of a white virgin from BYU tossing in 3 pointers from half court and scoring 40+ points combined with the emergence of twitter, Facebook, and other social media caused him to absolutely blow up. It started with the Kevin Durrant tweet and just grew. The big difference between say a Adam Morrison and Jimmer was social media. I don't think you will ever see something again like Jimmermania.
Jimmer will always be relevant and always be a huge part of college basketball history. I'd agree with you if you said that he was the most relevant college basketball player from this state or the biggest name of all time. He isn't the best.
You can have the social media allstar, I'll take the Final Four. I think we are both happy with that deal. You wouldn't trade Fredette's POY and Jimmermania for the final 4, and I wouldn't trade Dre's triple double against Arizona and the final 4 for a POY for him and him being a household name.
As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
--Kendrick Lamar
I am not a Jimmerphobe. I actually really don't dislike him. I am weird out by his cult and don't like his cult.
You don't dislike him yet you make things up about him? Continue spewing your untruths.
Can we count how many times in the last morning alone you have been completely wrong about something? Again quit copying and pasting crap you see in other boards and do your own research.
You don't dislike him yet you make things up about him? Continue spewing your untruths.
Can we count how many times in the last morning alone you have been completely wrong about something? Again quit copying and pasting crap you see in other boards and do your own research.
He did have 2 DNP-CDs in the preseason, just not consecutive. The point remains, his NBA career is on life support. In 4 preseason games he has 26 minutes and is 2-10 from the field.
As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
--Kendrick Lamar
He did have 2 DNP-CDs in the preseason, just not consecutive. The point remains, his NBA career is on life support. In 4 preseason games he has 26 minutes and is 2-10 from the field.
He really is a nice guy. Are you still sore you guys got Jimmered so badly in SLC?
He did have 2 DNP-CDs in the preseason, just not consecutive. The point remains, his NBA career is on life support. In 4 preseason games he has 26 minutes and is 2-10 from the field.
What are you getting out of all of this? No one is arguing that Jimmer is having a great, or even good, NBA career. You always seem to be creating arguments for yourself to win. I don't get it.
Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.
Dig your own grave, and save!
"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American
"I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally
What are you getting out of all of this? No one is arguing that Jimmer is having a great, or even good, NBA career. You always seem to be creating arguments for yourself to win. I don't get it.
I believe the term you're looking for is 'straw man.' Just another "reason it's rough being a BYU fan right now."
"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"
Comment