"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69723

    #1516
    Poor utes. Lost the game but won another moral victory.

    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • beefytee
      Board eye candy
      • Mar 2009
      • 7542

      #1517
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Poor utes. Lost the game but won another moral victory.

      https://twitter.com/DelilahPac4/stat...753857/video/1
      Looks like that softball game clinches the DFD for BYU!



      :byu1:

      Comment

      • Lost Student
        BAND!
        • Nov 2008
        • 4324

        #1518
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Poor utes. Lost the game but won another moral victory.

        https://twitter.com/DelilahPac4/stat...753857/video/1







        Lol. Unfortunately, "this stuff" will keep happening unless the U of U improves its entrance requirements.
        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

        Comment

        • wally
          <><><><><><><><>
          • Jun 2010
          • 4137

          #1519

          Comment

          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
            Time to camp
            • Nov 2008
            • 26082

            #1520
            Originally posted by Lost Student View Post

            Lol. Unfortunately, "this stuff" will keep happening unless the U of U improves its entrance requirements.

            Long set up, good punchline.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

            Comment

            • Moliere
              One man.....one pie
              • Oct 2009
              • 27889

              #1521
              Good thing the u softball coach doesn't make enough to pay the buyout amount of the softball contract between BYU and Utah.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

              Comment

              • mpfunk01
                Junior Member
                • Oct 2015
                • 2

                #1522
                BYU grad, BYU fan, and hero to byu fans for pushing for the audit of the University of Utah athletic department, Greg Hughes, endorsed Donald Trump for president.

                Comment

                • Omaha 680
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2011
                  • 11182

                  #1523
                  mpfunk01? Can I have a clone too?

                  Comment

                  • creekster
                    It is NOT a monkey!
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22661

                    #1524
                    In years gone by I would have rooted for the utes today. But after their PAC12 move and after listening to their bleating and whining for the last few years about power 5 this and big time program that and then after 80K's utterly ridiculous claims this year, I find that I am very happy they not only lost but looked like crap in losing.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                    Comment

                    • New Mexican Disaster
                      Suomalainen
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 4549

                      #1525
                      Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      In years gone by I would have rooted for the utes today. But after their PAC12 move and after listening to their bleating and whining for the last few years about power 5 this and big time program that and then after 80K's utterly ridiculous claims this year, I find that I am very happy they not only lost but looked like crap in losing.
                      Yes, they have handled success worse even than I could have imagined.

                      Comment

                      • Blueintheface
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 15382

                        #1526
                        Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                        Yes, they have handled success worse even than I could have imagined.
                        And it is delicious.

                        On Friday I heard two Ute fans say on the radio that they expected a national championship in the next ten years. Esad
                        Last edited by Blueintheface; 03-19-2016, 09:28 PM.
                        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                        "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                        Comment

                        • All-American
                          Right, as Usual
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 15671

                          #1527
                          Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                          And it is delicious.

                          On Friday I heard two Ute fans say on the radio that they expected a national championship in the next ten years. Esad
                          I think there will be one this year. My money is on Kansas.
                          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                          Comment

                          • CardiacCoug
                            вот так штука
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 11013

                            #1528
                            Probably should be pointed out that the WCC and PAC-12 both have two tourney wins so far.

                            Comment

                            • MartyFunkhouser
                              Disciple of RNGesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 18757

                              #1529
                              -----------------------
                              Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 09-13-2016, 10:27 AM.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

                              Comment

                              • Jarid in Cedar
                                CS Institutional Memory
                                • Jun 2009
                                • 13234

                                #1530
                                Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                                On Friday I heard two Ute fans say on the radio that they expected a national championship in the next ten years. Esad
                                Huh. I hear that every spring from more than two BYu fans. And they are generally talking about the next fall. In fact, you could probably search and find more than ten posters on CB who are predicting that byu strand a great chance of making the playoff next season.
                                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                                "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                                "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                                -Rick Majerus

                                Comment

                                Working...