Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This reminds me a lot of what BYU did when they expanded LES........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This reminds me a lot of what BYU did when they expanded LES........

but on a much larger scale.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...type=printable

Cal is charging 225k for a seat license for seats between the 30s, your license is good for 45 years.
    *Banned*

Utah did something similar in the 80s sometime and my parents gave up their seats due to it. They reupped in 2000 and are part of the NEZers.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Did the BYU west side donor have to pay annual donations to keep the seats or just the one time donation? That has always been what I wonder about it. How I read this Cal deal is if you want that license you have to pay the cash, then you will have to continue to put up your annual donation which if Cal continues to be good will only go up every few years.

My Duck seat license cost a certain amount per seat up front then an annual donation which has gone up about 80% over the last 8 years. For the new basketball arena the seat license for the good seats is about $15,000 a seat plus an annual donation of $1,000 a seat. It says right in the seat license agreement that the $1,000 annual donation can go up at any time and is required to pay to maintain one's seat license. Failure to pay the annual donation by the yearly deadline will mean instant loss of seat license.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

On a side note, when Florida received its allotment of BCS NCG tickets last December, only "Bull Gators" who had donated a minimum of $30,000 were allowed to buy tickets. There were life-long season ticket holders who couldn't get tickets because all they'd been doing over the decades is buying season tickets, and the occasional donations didn't amount to $30K.

-That is per Water Lizard, a school teacher in Southern Georgia who has been posting on Utefans since the Meyer switch.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          Did the BYU west side donor have to pay annual donations to keep the seats or just the one time donation? That has always been what I wonder about it. How I read this Cal deal is if you want that license you have to pay the cash, then you will have to continue to put up your annual donation which if Cal continues to be good will only go up every few years.
          The stadium donor deal requires:

One-time cash contribution (a bit too late to do this now, unfortunately)
          Annual Cougar Club donation (minimal fee. No particular CC level is required)
          Annual cost of each seat

As you know, the stadium donors can assign their seat license once in their lifetime. Originally, many of the bluehairs out there simply assigned the seats to one of their children. However, as with a standard will or insurance policy, you can change your named beneficiaries up until you die. So now what we see is a wave of stadium donors assigning the seats to their youngest grandchild. The net result is that these seats will be out of the public domain for the next 80-100 years.

The only way you can lose the seats is by not purchasing them at least once every two years. And the best strategy to smoke out the bluehairs is to start charging a massive premium for those seats. If BYU bluehairs had to pony up what big colleges around the country pay for their tickets, you would see a lot more defaults on renewals.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X