Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    To answer both you and SMR:

Lake needs to catch up academically but remember he was in the 2 deep coming out of fall camp. He is legit.

Running backs: The target right now is Sione Heimuli-Lund from Brighton. He is best friends with Drew Jensen, and good friends with Torre. He is 6'1 230 pounds. Kid is an absolute beast. But he is a 2017 recruit.

D-line will be fine, what lackluster recruiting are you referring to? Uriah Leiataua is on a mission- remember 4 star kid who flipped from Stanford on signing day. He plays D-end. Mike Tafua another 4 star kid signed last year, Devin Kaufusi signed last year, Troy Hinds is still around, I think Kalolo Utu moves to D-end.

Recruits: We still have a shot at Maxs Tupai a 4 star kid from Murray, Keaton Bills a 3 star from Corner Canyon, Fua Pututau a 3 star from Cottonwood.

We already have 2016 D-end commits from Darius Macfarland, Pookie Maka (although its gone soft), Freddy Livai, and Solofa Funa (he is a Spanish Fork Don so you know he's good).

They have loaded up on solid D-end commits the last few classes.
    Is our nose guard who is really good but injured a Senior?

Comment

Lake needs to catch up academically but remember he was in the 2 deep coming out of fall camp. He is legit.

Running backs: The target right now is Sione Heimuli-Lund from Brighton. He is best friends with Drew Jensen, and good friends with Torre. He is 6'1 230 pounds. Kid is an absolute beast. But he is a 2017 recruit.

D-line will be fine, what lackluster recruiting are you referring to? Uriah Leiataua is on a mission- remember 4 star kid who flipped from Stanford on signing day. He plays D-end. Mike Tafua another 4 star kid signed last year, Devin Kaufusi signed last year, Troy Hinds is still around, I think Kalolo Utu moves to D-end.

Recruits: We still have a shot at Maxs Tupai a 4 star kid from Murray, Keaton Bills a 3 star from Corner Canyon, Fua Pututau a 3 star from Cottonwood.

We already have 2016 D-end commits from Darius Macfarland, Pookie Maka (although its gone soft), Freddy Livai, and Solofa Funa (he is a Spanish Fork Don so you know he's good).

I blame '71 but I am ashamed to admit I don't recognize many of those names. I do think that Mendenhall/BYU might be putting a little more "F" into the "Faith, Family and Football" mantra especially the "Football" part. Faith and Family are influential but he has got to provide these kids some semblance of believing the other F is not going to sacrificed to the first two Fs. Uani Unga making an NFL team should help along with Kaufusi hopefully keeping up his high end play and hopefully getting drafted. I also like allowing a nutpunching horse eating OL to pay his penalty internally and me having no clue what happened.
      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
      -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Is there any chance of that lineman from Snow warming back up to us?
        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Travis Tuiloma is a Junior and will be back next year. See, I am still more a "true fan" than '71!

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
            My guess is Troy will be going to Stanford.
            Bad guess!
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
              Travis Tuiloma is a Junior and will be back next year. See, I am still more a "true fan" than '71!
              I knew that. Just wanted to make CJ feel needed. Way to blow it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                Bad guess!
                He hasnt attended BYU yet, he is only committed to attend!
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Has anyone considered the possibility coach Helfrich and staff will get in their Camaros and try to get Troy back?

Comment

• Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                    Has anyone considered the possibility coach Helfrich and staff will get in their Camaros and try to get Troy back?
                    No, you see Troy is about the three F's. He is a brother, has a brother at BYU and BYU might legitimately be improving on the gridiron while he plays a position that we are what one might suggest is historically "lackluster" in the talent department. Besides that the chicks at BYU are hot and the competition to get inside their knickers comes from a bunch of skinny jean and neon Nike running shoe femmies. Mormon chicks might like guys that cry during spiritual moments but when their men slap their buttocks, they still want it to sting a little bit. This is Y!

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

thanks. can't wait for Lake to get on the field.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

I hate when my Pookie goes soft. I think Tico Fuga and Tevita Mounga will be nice players behind Tuiloma in a couple years as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                          I hate when my Pookie goes soft. I think Tico Fuga and Tevita Mounga will be nice players behind Tuiloma in a couple years as well.
                          D-tackle is loaded.
                          *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                            No, you see Troy is about the three F's. He is a brother, has a brother at BYU and BYU might legitimately be improving on the gridiron while he plays a position that we are what one might suggest is historically "lackluster" in the talent department. Besides that the chicks at BYU are hot and the competition to get inside their knickers comes from a bunch of skinny jean and neon Nike running shoe femmies. Mormon chicks might like guys that cry during spiritual moments but when their men slap their buttocks, they still want it to sting a little bit. This is Y!
                            Big talk from a guy who in other threads is hopeful for a 8-4 year.

Warner's a good corner and going to be a player. I'm happy for him either way.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                              It'll be worth it if he can somehow get these other kids to come or flip.
                              Good call, surf. Sounds like he might have helped Troy flip our way.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                                Good call, surf. Sounds like he might have helped Troy flip our way.
                                Let's hope another one flips.

Comment

Working...
                                X