BYU Recruiting 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU Recruiting 2016

Because it's never too early to start, especially when there are amazing genes involved.

The eldest son of Pete Tuipolotu is one of SC's top receivers and has his eyes on Provo. Beyond the sports, they're all just good people, too.

http://www.heraldonline.com/2014/09/...come.html?rh=1

The 6-foot-3, 225-pound Nation Ford junior unofficially leads the state in receptions through five games (59) and has already caught 12 touchdown passes. But even as fans and defensive coordinators come to know this stoutly built pass-catcher of Tongan descent, few can suss out his poly-voweled surname.
    I have nothing else to say at this time.

BYU offered boss tagaloa. Kids film is incredible and has offers from everyone. BYU must have some kind of in to offer at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
      BYU offered boss tagaloa. Kids film is incredible and has offers from everyone. BYU must have some kind of in to offer at this point.
      Kick ass name.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Parrot Head View Post
        Because it's never too early to start, especially when there are amazing genes involved.

The eldest son of Pete Tuipolotu is one of SC's top receivers and has his eyes on Provo. Beyond the sports, they're all just good people, too.

http://www.heraldonline.com/2014/09/...come.html?rh=1
        As a 6'3" 225 junior, chances are you're getting a future TE. Not that that is a bad thing, rather just saying.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          As a 6'3" 225 junior, chances are you're getting a future TE. Not that that is a bad thing, rather just saying.
          He definitely fits the mold of the bigger framed receivers, either WRs or TEs that BYu has typically had success with lately.

Comment

I've never seen him play football, but I have played basketball with him quite a bit over the last few years. I would say that right now he has a WR body, not a TE body, but he's filled out a bit in the last year or two, and a lot can happen between ages 17 and 19. During one of our games a few weeks ago, while I was sitting on the sideline, I was having this same conversation with someone else there, and said I would be surprised if he was a WR in college.

But then again, what do I know.

I'll also say that I have been playing basketball with Pete and his kids for years, and they are now at the point where if you get Pete and his oldest two sons on the same team, it is tough to put another team together that will beat them. Son #2 is a freshman I think? Maybe just 8th grade. He's about as tall as son #1, but a lot skinnier (for now). Also, as I am sure I have said before, they are just great kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
              I've never seen him play football, but I have played basketball with him quite a bit over the last few years. I would say that right now he has a WR body, not a TE body, but he's filled out a bit in the last year or two, and a lot can happen between ages 17 and 19. During one of our games a few weeks ago, while I was sitting on the sideline, I was having this same conversation with someone else there, and said I would be surprised if he was a WR in college.

But then again, what do I know.

I'll also say that I have been playing basketball with Pete and his kids for years, and they are now at the point where if you get Pete and his oldest two sons on the same team, it is tough to put another team together that will beat them. Son #2 is a freshman I think? Maybe just 8th grade. He's about as tall as son #1, but a lot skinnier (for now). Also, as I am sure I have said before, they are just great kids.
              Interesting that Peter T has these tall kids - isn't he only about 5'10" or 5'11"?
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

In the article his old man makes a comment about the kid playing te or h back in college.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Is Nation Ford a new school? I don't recognize the name. If they're playing Gaffney next week I'm assuming they're 4A?

Boss Tagaloa's school ran all over my Alma matter a couple weeks ago in a cross country show down beat down.

Comment

Interesting that Peter T has these tall kids - isn't he only about 5'10" or 5'11"?
                    Yeah, the oldest two are both taller than Pete. His wife is tall though. I don't think she is too far from 6 feet (and a great ball player, and very competitive, which is nice)

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                      Yeah, the oldest two are both taller than Pete. His wife is tall though. I don't think she is too far from 6 feet (and a great ball player, and very competitive, which is nice)
                      She played at BYU during Pete's years. She also played on our stake team a few years ago when they didn't have a womens season.

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                      Is Nation Ford a new school? I don't recognize the name. If they're playing Gaffney next week I'm assuming they're 4A?

Boss Tagaloa's school ran all over my Alma matter a couple weeks ago in a cross country show down beat down.
                      NF is fairly new, maybe 10 years old. I think it's one of the Gates Foundation-sponsored schools and it's in an area that is growing tremendously. Churchwise, they created a ward there at the beginning of the year and it's now probably the largest one in the stake with > 300 attendees.
                      I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

New commit.

@scoringlive

CONGRATULATIONS to Kahuku linebacker Hirkley Latu (6'3 - 200lb - Jr) on making his verbal commitment to BYU. #SupportHighSchoolSports

Comment

QB Jaren Hall has committed. He is Kalin Hall's boy.

http://lawlessrepublic.com/2014/10/1...0the%20Network

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                            QB Jaren Hall has committed. He is Kalin Hall's boy.

http://lawlessrepublic.com/2014/10/1...0the%20Network
                            BYUs last 3 commits (Mounga, Latu and Hall) all had Utah offers. Just saying....
                            *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              BYUs last 3 commits (Mounga, Latu and Hall) all had Utah offers. Just saying....
                              CJ, I assume you've seen Hall. What do you think?
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                              X