The Official BYU 2014 Death to MOST of Those Who Meet Us Watch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
    Lots of undefeated teams have been left out of the top 4 even after bowl wins. Those include 2 that BYU played 2 years in a row in bowl games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Tu..._football_team
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_Ma..._football_team
    That's ancient history. Are there any teams in the current millennium?

As an aside, BYU is not Tulane or Marshall, even if when we play a similar schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      You gotta think Texas and Boise are the only ones that look like even possibles. Wow.

I thought the mean old Pac 12 and their anti-Mormon bigotry would not allow Pac teams to play BYU in November?
      Viking predicted that the PAC would soon be begging us to play Utah in November. I believe said begging should commence pretty soon, assuming Viking is correct, of course.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        You gotta think Texas and Boise are the only ones that look like even possibles. Wow.

I thought the mean old Pac 12 and their anti-Mormon bigotry would not allow Pac teams to play BYU in November?
        Just consider yourself fortunate Oregon isn't on BYU's schedule next November. Puddles wouldn't just be the mascot, it would also be the collection of tears left behind in the wake of destruction.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

UCF might be pretty good next year if Blake Bortles comes back. They gave South Carolina a good game and took out Penn State. Also, they gave us a really good game in Provo

Comment

On the LBer front, any chance they move Alisa back next year? Really no need for him at RB and the LBers look thinner than the last couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
              On the LBer front, any chance they move Alisa back next year? Really no need for him at RB and the LBers look thinner than the last couple years.
              Probably not but since he seems to go after the tackler on offense I say line him back up on that side of the ball.
              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Too bad Utah is afraid to play us! Amiright?!

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                  Too bad Utah is afraid to play us! Amiright?!
                  We don't have the time to dish out any more beat downs on mid-major quality opponents. We have enough of those on the schedule already.

Comment

No way, Jose-- it's waay too late for that. He'll be in the rotation and unless he turns a corner just be an also-ran.

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                      That's ancient history. Are there any teams in the current millennium?

As an aside, BYU is not Tulane or Marshall, even if when we play a similar schedule.
                      Okay. How about:

Year Team Record BCS rank
                      2004 Utah 11–0 6
                      2004 Boise State 11–0 9
                      2006 Boise State 12–0 8
                      2007 Hawai'i (Like you mentioned) 12–0 10
                      2008 Utah 12–0 6
                      2008 Boise State 12–0 9
                      2009 Boise State 13–0 6

Edit: In fact, there have only been 2 non-bcs conference teams to crack the top 4 in the BCS.

TCU 2009
                      TCU 2010
                      Last edited by beefytee; 10-07-2013, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                        Okay. How about:

Year Team Record BCS rank
                        2004 Utah 11–0 6
                        2004 Boise State 11–0 9
                        2006 Boise State 12–0 8
                        2007 Hawai'i (Like you mentioned) 12–0 10
                        2008 Utah 12–0 6
                        2008 Boise State 12–0 9
                        2009 Boise State 13–0 6

Edit: In fact, there have only been 2 non-bcs conference teams to crack the top 4 in the BCS.

TCU 2009
                        TCU 2010
                        You'll probably be able to add Louisville to this list this year.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

In my dream scenario, BYU and Utah meet up in the Rose Bowl next year. Other dream scenarios I have had involve $Billion contest winnings.

Comment

More random musings on next year's team...Zac Stout. Does he make it back? Will he be a factor if he does?

Comment

More random musings on next year's team...Zac Stout. Does he make it back? Will he be a factor if he does?
                              lol

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                                lol

Just because he got taken down by some ninja at Rancherito's doesn't mean he couldn't potentially help at inside backer.

Comment

Working...
                                X