The Official BYU 2014 Death to MOST of Those Who Meet Us Watch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    I figure the offense is pretty much spoken for. I think the only senior is Hoffman and Nick Kurtz will slide into his shoes. However, defense has some question marks. BYU returns the following defenders with experience: Bronson Kaufusi (returning starter), Remington Peck (returning starter), Marques Johnson, Travis Tuiloma, Graham Rowley, Alani Fua (returning starter), Craig Bills (returning starter), Jordan Johnson (returning starter), Robertson Daniel (returning starter). I guess Manoa Pikula is getting some experience but that seems to be more on the outside and he is built to be an ILB.

Right now I have no idea who is going to play at OLB opposite Fua and the ILB position causes me concern. I think both Ho Ching and Pikula are talented but there seems to be legitimate reason to wonder if Manoa can learn the asssignments well enough to play ILB. In some ways I wish the news about Hadley would have broke before the first game and BYU could have just redshirted him. We could really use him next year. I often wonder how different Bryan Kehl would have made the 2008 BYU team if he would have redshirted in 2005. I think BYU will have a very good DL with a deep rotation of Peck, Kaufusi, Kanuch, Johnson, Tuiloma, Rowley and Jon Ryheem Peoples. I have real concerns about LB as BYU returns Fua, Pikula and Ho Ching. Fua will be a monster but the middle has me real nervous. I actually will not be surprised if BYU ends up playing Warner a great deal at OLB as a true freshman. I think Alisa might help BYU more as an OLB reserve than a 4th string RB. I like BYU's defensive backfield for next year. If Robertson Daniel is still around, I have no knowledge and have heard no rumors but considering it took him 3 years to get an AA I wonder if he will still be around next year, I would like to see him moved to safety and start Jordan Johnson and Trent Trammel at both cbs. With the ND transfer, Sam Lee, Mike Davis, Reilly the CSU transfer, the Hawaii transfer and the ageless Mike Hague at backups BYU should be fine as long as the starters don't get hurt.

Real key to me is the development of the ILBs. If Pikula has the light come on and Ho Ching develop the defense will be very good. If BYU has to cover for inadequate ILB play it could get ugly.
    http://byucougars.com/athlete/m-foot...-leuta-douyere

Isn't this kid going to step in as well at OLB? His friend should be back from his mission as well, but I can't remember his name. Yes, I know, the mission kids sometimes redshirt.

Hague will not be around next year.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
      http://byucougars.com/athlete/m-foot...-leuta-douyere

Isn't this kid going to step in as well at OLB? His friend should be back from his mission as well, but I can't remember his name. Yes, I know, the mission kids sometimes redshirt.

Hague will not be around next year.
      JLD just got a shout out from D-Sor in the post-game as one of the young up-and-comers at lber.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Isn't Robertson Daniel's original position safety? I wonder if he stays at corner next year.

Comment

Originally posted by USUC View Post
          Isn't Robertson Daniel's original position safety? I wonder if he stays at corner next year.
          CJ predicted he'll move to safety. Probably a good bet with Johnson, Trammell and Aguirre all coming back.

Comment

Mike Davis will probably be at corner as well. Would be good if to have him there for a few years.
            Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Originally posted by USUC View Post
              No, it's boundary corner.

*at least that's what he was recruited to play. I think he did play safety @ his JC.
              Last edited by Commando; 10-12-2013, 09:36 PM.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                No, it's boundary corner.
                At BYU that's true. But I believe he was a safety pre-BYU. And in interviews he has stated his natural position is safety.

Comment

Brett Adamson DB, FR Walk-on
                  Phillipe Ammone LB, FR
                  Tanner Balderree D, FR
                  Trevor Brown TE, FR Walk-on
                  Marcus Case RB, FR Walk-on
                  Tanner Curtis QB, FR Walk-on
                  Dallas Doane OL, FR
                  Corey Edwards K, FR
                  Gavin Fowler DB, RS FR Walk-on
                  Clark Gardner DB, SO
                  Colby Hansen RB, RS FR Walk-on
                  Austin Heder RB, SO
                  McCoy Hill QB, FR Walk-on
                  Troy Hinds LB, FR
                  Grant Jones TE, RS FR Walk-on
                  Colby Jorgensen TE, RS FR
                  Corbin Kaufusi OL, FR
                  Ului Lapuaho OL, FR
                  Hunter Moore QB, FR Walk-on
                  Manu Mulitalo OL, RS SO
                  Zach Newman LB, RS FR
                  Nuimatalolo LB, RS FR Walk-on
                  Baker Pritchard DL, RS FR
                  Adam Pulsipher LB, FR
                  Jimmy Ralph WR, FR Walk-on
                  Brett Rawlinson OL, FR
                  Steven Richards DL, FR
                  Creed Richardson LB, FR - Walk-on
                  Graham Rowley DL, JR
                  Matt Sumsion TE, FR
                  Kesni Tausinga DL, FR
                  Travis Tuiloma DL, RS SO
                  Peter Walsh LB, RS FR Walk-on
                  This is the full list or missionaries returning to the program next year. Who are the names to keep an eye on? Hinds, Rowley and Tuiloma obviously. I remember people seemed really high on Jorgensen at TE and I seem to recall he had a very nice fall camp before getting hurt (or am I making that up?). I also seem to recall thinking that some were pretty high on Amone at backer. Anyone else?

Comment

I knew Adamson was going to walk-on, but had no idea he had "stuck". Were you aware of this, MG (yes, he is the brother of our mutual friend)?

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                      I knew Adamson was going to walk-on, but had no idea he had "stuck". Were you aware of this, MG (yes, he is the brother of our mutual friend)?
                      Yeah. I didn't notice his name in there, but now that you point it out I remember his brother mentioning it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                        This is the full list or missionaries returning to the program next year. Who are the names to keep an eye on? Hinds, Rowley and Tuiloma obviously. I remember people seemed really high on Jorgensen at TE and I seem to recall he had a very nice fall camp before getting hurt (or am I making that up?). I also seem to recall thinking that some were pretty high on Amone at backer. Anyone else?
                        I think there are some kids on that list that will be contributors in the future. I don't know how many will get a chance to contribute next season. I think Tuiloma will but it would not surprise me if even Rowley redshirts. Perhaps Troy Hinds will get some PT at OLB as well if he is really as good as his hype. One kid BYU missed that I really wish they had was Biegel's kid who is playing at Wisconsin. I tend to agree with those who think Jeremy Dourha-Letwhateverthehellitis is built more to be an ILB. Pritchard and Tausinga will contribute in time as well, but at DL I think the kids who will play next year will be Kaufusi, Peck, Johnson, Tuiloma, Kanuch, Utu and another noble Son of the 208 - my boy Joooooooon-RYEHEEEEEEEEM Peoples, who will be good peoples! So barring injuries of some of the above names leaving BYU I see little room on the DL next year. Other than Fua I don't have any idea how LB will play out. I think Jeremy D-L good be a decent ILB and same with Pikula, if they can figure out their assignments. Ho-Ching should have at least a decent future, and with Teu Kautai perhaps Amone will RS as well. Time will tell. My guess is the BYU two deep at LB will not be sorted out until the end of summer camp. I think both DL and DBs will be clear by the end of spring ball but LB will likely take into the summer with the returns of Amone and Hines and the lack of returning players. Heder was also a fairly hyped ILB recruit who did play a year before his mission so perhaps he will also see some time. The ILB position reminds me a bit of the situation BYU entered 2010. IIRC BYU had Hunter, Ogletree, Jorgenson, some JC transfer who never amounted to anything that was reputed to be good and a highly touted true freshman from Oaks Christian who never fulfilled his potential. IIRC, Mendenhall gave them all a shot and in the end went with Hunter and Ogletree. If Jeremy DL is moved to ILB the core appears to be Pikula, Jeremy DL, Ho Ching, Kautai, Heder and Amone. Two Juniors, two Sophomores and one RS Freshman and one true freshman - if Amone doesn't redshirt.

On offense perhaps some of those OL might get spots for next year but I don't recall any of them, other than Mulitalo, getting any hype whatsoever and Mulitalo was here in the years the OL sucked hind titty and he never was mentioned on the field so take that for what it is worth. So from where I sit I think of all those listed I look for Tuiloma to play next year in a key role, Hinds to play a back up roll and likely to not hear anything from anyone else.
                        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Will we even see Peoples at BYU next year? I'm worried about the kid. Also, in my entirely unprofessional opinion as one who knows little to nothing about football, I'd kind of like to see Peoples on the OL.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                            Will we even see Peoples at BYU next year? I'm worried about the kid. Also, in my entirely unprofessional opinion as one who knows little to nothing about football, I'd kind of like to see Peoples on the OL.
                            I have no clue on either side. His situation seems similar to Tayo's. I do think his father, who I think lives in SLC, really wants him to stick it out at BYU. We shall see how it develops. However, I choose to be an optimist and assume he stays at BYU, plays DL in BYU's 3-4 and brings great laud, glory, adulation and honor upon the state from whence he sprang...yea even the 208!

But I might say when I look at BYU's DL situation if in fact these Bingham DL players (Kaumatule, Kesinga and Pritchard) are as good as folks are saying, perhaps Jon Ryheem should move over to OL. In any case I think when viewing his best situation one should be looking for after Peck and Kaufusi are gone.
                            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

I am hoping Corbin Kaufusi went on the Fui Vakapuna mission exercise and diet plan.
                              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                                I

On offense perhaps some of those OL might get spots for next year but I don't recall any of them, other than Mulitalo, getting any hype whatsoever and Mulitalo was here in the years the OL sucked hind titty and he never was mentioned on the field so take that for what it is worth. So from where I sit I think of all those listed I look for Tuiloma to play next year in a key role, Hinds to play a back up roll and likely to not hear anything from anyone else.
                                It's too bad we couldn't get Manu's cousin Ryan back. From what I know he finished at Snow and isn't going anywhere in spite of dominating in the one Snow game I watched.

Comment

Working...
                                X