Anae back at BYU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
    The QB battle will be interesting to see this year. I hear people complaining about this hire and whether or not Taysom will be able to run this offense effectively. In my mind if he can't then we find the one who can. I don't like the idea of Taysom being the unquestioned starter. I would rather have a starting QB who fits a system or offensive identity than have an offensive identity created for a specific QB.
    Hill is big, strong, and fast. The only aspect of his game that has hasn't proven yet is how well he can pass. But he was highly recruited by Jim Harbaugh who recruits passers. In fact, Hill won the longest pass competition in Cardinal camp if I remember right.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      Who's in the running? I thought it was Taysom Hill and, well, Taysom Hill.
      Technically, the list would include Munns, Ammon Olsen and Freshman Billy Green as well.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Technically, the list would include Munns, Ammon Olsen and Freshman Billy Green as well.
        Wasn't there word that Mangum was putting off his mission as well?

Comment

• QB competition? Nah, it's Hill.

If Mangum is sticking around they need to RS him and put another year between him and Hill.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
            Wasn't there word that Mangum was putting off his mission as well?
            I think he was supposed to leave in December or January.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
              Who's in the running? I thought it was Taysom Hill and, well, Taysom Hill.
              Munns and Olsen should get looks. Hill has a strong arm but so does Munns. Also, Munns has played in Anae's system and Anae is familiar with him. I'd be surprised if Munns doesn't get a chance. IIRC, Munns was a very highly touted QB out of HS.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                Munns and Olsen should get looks. Hill has a strong arm but so does Munns. Also, Munns has played in Anae's system and Anae is familiar with him. I'd be surprised if Munns doesn't get a chance. IIRC, Munns was a very highly touted QB out of HS.
                Munns was pretty highly recruited like Lark was. He should get a look. I know nothing about Olsen and still find it odd they took him away from SUU. Hill has got to be the front runner.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  Munns was pretty highly recruited like Lark was. He should get a look. I know nothing about Olsen and still find it odd they took him away from SUU. Hill has got to be the front runner.
                  If Munns was better than Hill, I wouldn't hesitate to go with him. Hill is young. He has a strong arm but can he be a passer? Best part is, all of these guys have strong arms. Anae works best with a strong arm QB.

Comment

• Munns ends up with the backup gig. That's my guess.
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                      Munns ends up with the backup gig. That's my guess.
                      Can Munns run? He looks more a TE than QB to me.

Comment

• The more I think about it, the happier I am about this. Kudos to Bronco for making a change.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          The more I think about it, the happier I am about this. Kudos to Bronco for making a change.
                          It feels like a relief.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                            It feels like a relief.
                            strangely enough, it does.
                            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                            Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

• From what I'm hearing, it sounds like Anae will have the reigns to all things offensive. It almost sounds like he'd be the assistant head coach.

Bronco has the defense covered, so I like having Anae here to fix the offense. This team could really do something special.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                                From what I'm hearing, it sounds like Anae will have the reigns to all things offensive. It almost sounds like he'd be the assistant head coach.

Bronco has the defense covered, so I like having Anae here to fix the offense. This team could really do something special.
                                Can you imagine the 2012 defense with the 2006, or even the 2008 offense? That's one heck of a team.
                                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Working...
                                X