Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
    Doman was "released?"
    Chief apologist LAU transforms into Mr. Cool Mormon Hipster again. Nice.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      LOL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
        I'm not that versed in football strategy either, but it seems to me that it would be pretty easy to have an audible ready to go that exploits any such overloading.
        Like Tom Brady did in a recent game when no nosetackle lined up in front of the center.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Never an apologist for BYU coaches acting as if their job is a holy calling. I know complexity and distinctions are hard for engineers, but come on, man.

Unlike you, YO has no such excuse. But we've known about him for a long time.

Last edited by LA Ute; 01-05-2013, 09:01 PM.
          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
          ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Lol, I haven't even looked at BYU football news since before yesterday. This is the first I've heard about this. This is excellent news.
            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
              I'm not that versed in football strategy either, but it seems to me that it would be pretty easy to have an audible ready to go that exploits any such overloading. This is one of those things where I just assume that if a solution like that were viable, the DCs that get paid to find such things would have latched on to it by now. As a fan, though, it would be fun to see an opponent experiment with it (unless it worked really well ).
              This is exactly right. You would run a play to where the defense vacated the field. A line-backer or DB would need to close to make the play, and you free offensive lineman is now an big open blocker.

On the other hand, there are some interesting blitz packages against the spread.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                Email from Bronco to the players. How does something like this end up in a newspaper?

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsby...coach.html.csp
                Bronco could easily figure out who the leak is by getting a techie to alter the text for each email just enough to be able to match the reproduced email up to the original recipient.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                  Bronco could easily figure out who the leak is by getting a techie to alter the text for each email just enough to be able to match the reproduced email up to the original recipient.
                  Why would he care?
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Are we talking abou the same Bronco?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                      Man, that'd be totally like something straight from a spy novel! Sounds awesome!

Sent from a Jelly Bean
                      Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                      - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                      - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                        This is exactly right. You would run a play to where the defense vacated the field. A line-backer or DB would need to close to make the play, and you free offensive lineman is now an big open blocker.

On the other hand, there are some interesting blitz packages against the spread.
                        couldn't defenses mask where they were bringing pressure, tricking the offense into thinking that they had vacated a space? I get that the offense could easily audible, but the defense could too.
                        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                        Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

• Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                          couldn't defenses mask where they were bringing pressure, tricking the offense into thinking that they had vacated a space? I get that the offense could easily audible, but the defense could too.
                          Happens all the time. It's a game of x's and o's, and you try to trick the other side into believing where you will move you're pieces from what you show them when you line-up, and start to put bodies in motion. The problem is, a piece/player can only move so fast in space. Football really is similar to a game of chess. I love watching plays develop. The master of defensive schemes is Dick Lebeau. Man's a genious!

Comment

• I love the wide splits and shotgun for passing. It isn't as effective on clear running downs unless you have a scatback type running back. Anae's use of wide and conventional splits while he was at BYU was novel and effective. When he was here, he had a stretch of offenses that have rivaled those of any BYU coordinator. I'm excited to see which QB he focuses on and develops this spring. I'm also excited to see some of our excellent receiver and TE talent blow up.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                              I love the wide splits and shotgun for passing. It isn't as effective on clear running downs unless you have a scatback type running back. Anae's use of wide and conventional splits while he was at BYU was novel and effective. When he was here, he had a stretch of offenses that have rivaled those of any BYU coordinator. I'm excited to see which QB he focuses on and develops this spring. I'm also excited to see some of our excellent receiver and TE talent blow up.
                              Who's in the running? I thought it was Taysom Hill and, well, Taysom Hill.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                                I love the wide splits and shotgun for passing. It isn't as effective on clear running downs unless you have a scatback type running back. Anae's use of wide and conventional splits while he was at BYU was novel and effective. When he was here, he had a stretch of offenses that have rivaled those of any BYU coordinator. I'm excited to see which QB he focuses on and develops this spring. I'm also excited to see some of our excellent receiver and TE talent blow up.
                                The QB battle will be interesting to see this year. I hear people complaining about this hire and whether or not Taysom will be able to run this offense effectively. In my mind if he can't then we find the one who can. I don't like the idea of Taysom being the unquestioned starter. I would rather have a starting QB who fits a system or offensive identity than have an offensive identity created for a specific QB.

Comment

Working...
                                X