Anae back at BYU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    From what I'm hearing, it sounds like Anae will have the reigns to all things offensive. It almost sounds like he'd be the assistant head coach.

Bronco has the defense covered, so I like having Anae here to fix the offense. This team could really do something special.
    Im not sure I like doman staying on as qb coach, seems like an easy recipe for contention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
      From what I'm hearing, it sounds like Anae will have the reigns to all things offensive. It almost sounds like he'd be the assistant head coach.

Bronco has the defense covered, so I like having Anae here to fix the offense. This team could really do something special.
      I said earlier that I'm fine with Bronco as Head Coach. But he's an offensive guy and needs someone who can come in with the experience to run an offense without any oversight. Anae is much closer to being able to fill that role than Doman.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Technically, the list would include Munns, Ammon Olsen and Freshman Billy Green as well.
        Thanks. That is what I was wondering.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
          Munns ends up with the backup gig. That's my guess.
          I'd be ecstatic if Hill won the starting job. It would be nice not to be breaking in a new starting QB in 2014 but if Munns gives BYU the best chance to win, then you play him. I just want a genuine QB competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
            I'd be ecstatic if Hill won the starting job. It would be nice not to be breaking in a new starting QB in 2014 but if Munns gives BYU the best chance to win, then you play him. I just want a genuine QB competition.
            If Munns gave BYU the best chance to win this year, I think he would have been getting at least some consideration last year. But he was 4th on the depth chart, so I can't imagine, even bringing Anae back, that he would jump to the position of starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
              Thanks. That is what I was wondering.
              I'm pretty unexcited about Green. I don't think he had any other options than BYU.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                I'm pretty unexcited about Green. I don't think he had any other options than BYU.
                I think he committed pretty early, but even he sounded like he was surprised to get a D1 offer. He even said he wasn't sure whether he could complete at that level.

Great.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I think he committed pretty early, but even he sounded like he was surprised to get a D1 offer. He even said he wasn't sure whether he could complete at that level.

Great.
                  He probably has lots of grit.
                  "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

• Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                    He probably has lots of grit.
                    And life experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                      Can you imagine the 2012 defense with the 2006, or even the 2008 offense? That's one heck of a team.
                      Greatest in BYU history. From your keyboard to God's ears for 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                        If Munns gave BYU the best chance to win this year, I think he would have been getting at least some consideration last year. But he was 4th on the depth chart, so I can't imagine, even bringing Anae back, that he would jump to the position of starter.
                        Worst runner in the group means Doman doesn't give him the time of day. Remember when Taysom Hill, who could only run one or two plays was ahead of Lark? I don't consider anything about last year's depth chart to be valuable.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                          Worst runner in the group means Doman doesn't give him the time of day. Remember when Taysom Hill, who could only run one or two plays was ahead of Lark? I don't consider anything about last year's depth chart to be valuable.
                          I don't know that I consider anything about the last five years' depth charts all that valuable. Beck and Hall were obvious winners, but how were our backups chosen and managed? I really dislike the way Bower was ran off, even if he never panned out elsewhere, he wasn't given a fair shake. We didn't lose just a backup quarterback, we lost a BYU family. Who knows what the Bowers' offspring will be like, and after the way he was treated what will motivate them to come to BYU if they're quality athletes?
                          Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                          God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                          Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Sounds like you are saying Lark was better than Hill. Who knows? Certainly not much support for that based on game play though.

Comment

The impression I've always got was that it wasn't just because of his running.

Comment

Great.
                                WTF? Did he seriously say that? I know he has put up impressive numbers in high school (at least one of the local media guys said as much on twitter). So BYU has all thier eggs in the Hill or Mangum basket?

Comment

Working...
                                X