2012 official bowl season thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • UtahDan
    *
    • Nov 2008
    • 14496

    #256
    McCarron looking like a spoiled brat showing up his center in a game they are winning going away.

    Comment

    • USUC
      Chronic Poseur
      • Apr 2010
      • 8793

      #257
      What the hell was that all about? AJ and his center going at it.

      Comment

      • OceanBlue
        Junior Member
        • May 2012
        • 860

        #258
        The center should drop that qb. You dont do that to your lineman.

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69706

          #259
          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          This game just further highlights the decline of the Big 12. Kansas State was the Big 12's BCS representative. Sad. And Texas A&M got sweet revenge on the Sooners, big time.
          lol.

          Welcome back, man.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • BigPiney
            Huge Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 12366

            #260
            Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            I have never seen Teo play so poorly. If I hadn't ever seen him play before I would have laughed at the idea that he was a Heisman finalist.
            I have only watched him a few times and have not been impressed. I still don't think he should have been a finalist.

            I did enjoy the montage they did of him shitting the bed. That was fun. Loved seeing the overpursuit and missed tackles.

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69706

              #261
              Bama again. Crap.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • New Mexican Disaster
                Suomalainen
                • Nov 2008
                • 4549

                #262
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Bama again. Crap.
                So sorry.

                Comment

                • SeattleUte
                  Faith crisis consultant
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 20837

                  #263
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Bama again. Crap.
                  Trivia:

                  When did Alabama last lose a BCS Bowl game?

                  What was the only BCS bowl game that Nick Saban has ever lost?
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                  --Jonathan Swift

                  Comment

                  • USUC
                    Chronic Poseur
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 8793

                    #264
                    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                    Trivia:

                    When did Alabama last lose a BCS Bowl game?

                    What was the only BCS bowl game that Nick Saban has ever lost?
                    Is this how Ute fans get themselves to feel better after a losing season?

                    Comment

                    • Omaha 680
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2011
                      • 11181

                      #265
                      Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                      Is this how Ute fans get themselves to feel better after a losing season?
                      They also talk about their share of BCS money and new facilities.

                      Comment

                      • SeattleUte
                        Faith crisis consultant
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 20837

                        #266
                        Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                        Is this how Ute fans get themselves to feel better after a losing season?
                        Tradition is very important. It's why Alabama came back after Shula, etc., why Notre Dame and USC will always be back.

                        Actually, since we didn't go to a bowl game this year, instead I watched the best parts of the 2009 Sugar Bowl on Hulu.
                        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                        --Jonathan Swift

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69706

                          #267
                          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          Tradition is very important. It's why Alabama came back after Shula, etc., why Notre Dame and USC will always be back.

                          Actually, since we didn't go to a bowl game this year, instead I watched the best parts of the 2009 Sugar Bowl on Hulu.
                          And why Utah may never be consistently competitive in the PAC-12.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • LA Ute
                            Receiver of Memory
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 19512

                            #268
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            And why Utah may never be consistently competitive in the PAC-12.
                            <snicker>
                            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                            ― W.H. Auden


                            "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                            "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                            Comment

                            • Devildog
                              Motor Boatin' SOB
                              • Oct 2010
                              • 1239

                              #269
                              Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                              Is this how Ute fans get themselves to feel better after a losing season?
                              Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                              They also talk about their share of BCS money and new facilities.
                              Probably, and it worked. Have you seen the Utes new Football facility? It's coming along nicely... and it's gonna be sweet.
                              "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
                              -Thucydides

                              "Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
                              -Miyamoto Musashi

                              Si vis pacem, para bellum

                              Comment

                              • Eddie
                                Senior Member
                                • Apr 2009
                                • 8098

                                #270
                                Well...I wasn't sad to see Notre Dame lose, but didn't necessarily enjoy watching Bama win either. So whatever.


                                The primary observation I came away with after watching parts of the game was that I wish Notre Dame had missed that many tackles when BYU played them. (No disrespect intended for 'Bama - I recognize that some of those missed tackles were the result of some very talented ball carriers making a pretty good move. But still...)

                                Comment

                                Working...