Troy Story: Utah vs. USC Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Coach McGuirk
    1
    • Nov 2008
    • 12109

    #316
    Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
    I am jealous of Redd, Lee, and Woods. The size, speed, and quickness of Lee and Woods does not translate on TV.

    Yes it does.
    Last edited by Coach McGuirk; 10-05-2012, 10:13 AM.

    Comment

    • USCoug
      Junior Member
      • Apr 2011
      • 249

      #317
      Originally posted by camleish View Post
      yeah. after they set off the cannons it was pretty thick.
      That was when the game turned around and favored USC. They are used to playing in smoggy conditions.

      Comment

      • Tone Loc
        Junior Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 475

        #318
        Originally posted by Scorcho View Post
        take away the first two series and Matt Barkley was nearly flawless. Of his 30 throws he had 2 bad ones (could have been picked), and he had a number of dropped passes. He could have completed 90% of his passes last night, some of that is on Utah's D, but most of that is that Barkley was Hesiman-like last night.
        Is Taylor Kelly in the running for the Heisman as well?

        He went 19-26 for 326 and 3 TD's, no picks. What about Chuckie Keeton? 22/32 216 2 TD's, no picks, and 86 yards rushing on 17 carries.

        Ya, I think the trend here is the defense, and not so much all the Heisman candidates you are playing against.

        Comment

        • Jarid in Cedar
          CS Institutional Memory
          • Jun 2009
          • 13234

          #319
          Originally posted by kccougar View Post
          His position coach is Sharif Shaw.
          No. Scalley is safety coach.
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

          "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

          "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

          -Rick Majerus

          Comment

          • Jarid in Cedar
            CS Institutional Memory
            • Jun 2009
            • 13234

            #320
            Originally posted by kccougar View Post
            Too slow to be a safety. Not big enough to be a linebacker.
            Bingo. He is all MWC at either position.
            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

            "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

            "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

            -Rick Majerus

            Comment

            • Tone Loc
              Junior Member
              • Apr 2009
              • 475

              #321
              Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
              Bingo. He is all MWC at either position.
              So he is too small to be a linebacker, yet he listed at 6'2" 220 which is as big or bigger than half of USC's linbackers on their roster.

              Maybe he is just too slow to be as small as he is for a linebacker?

              Comment

              • BoylenOver
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 9146

                #322
                Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                It made me wonder if he was complaining of the Utah DL barking out the snap count like they did against BYU.
                lol.
                "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                Comment

                • kccougar
                  9262
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 7020

                  #323
                  Kruger's bedroom shot:

                  "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                  Comment

                  • Applejack
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2012
                    • 3813

                    #324
                    I think I see a triple combo underneath that book with a white cover (likely the latest from Prez Monson).

                    Also, lots of lotions.

                    Comment

                    • Scorcho
                      Junior Member
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 835

                      #325
                      Originally posted by Tone Loc View Post
                      Is Taylor Kelly in the running for the Heisman as well?

                      He went 19-26 for 326 and 3 TD's, no picks. What about Chuckie Keeton? 22/32 216 2 TD's, no picks, and 86 yards rushing on 17 carries.

                      Ya, I think the trend here is the defense, and not so much all the Heisman candidates you are playing against.
                      yea, you're right.

                      None of that was due to the talent of 2 NFL wide outs and an NFL QB.

                      Comment

                      • Applejack
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2012
                        • 3813

                        #326
                        What were people's thoughts on the new guys: Aiono and Hooker? I noticed Hooker involved in a couple of running plays, but never noticed him in coverage. I don't recall any penalities on Aiono, but Hays was feeling pressure from his right side all night.

                        Comment

                        • Tone Loc
                          Junior Member
                          • Apr 2009
                          • 475

                          #327
                          Originally posted by Scorcho View Post
                          yea, you're right.

                          None of that was due to the talent of 2 NFL wide outs and an NFL QB.
                          For which team?

                          Comment

                          • OrangeUte
                            Max Hall hates me.
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 2294

                            #328
                            Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                            Kruger's bedroom shot:

                            HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

                            Comment

                            • Scorcho
                              Junior Member
                              • Aug 2011
                              • 835

                              #329
                              Originally posted by Tone Loc View Post
                              For which team?
                              that would be Barkley, Lee and Woods or in other words three players who are destined for divorce, bankrputcy and I can't remember the myriad of other problems Bronco thought the NFL lead to.

                              Comment

                              • Coach McGuirk
                                1
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 12109

                                #330
                                Originally posted by Scorcho View Post
                                that would be Barkley, Lee and Woods or in other words three players who are destined for divorce, bankrputcy and I can't remember the myriad of other problems Bronco thought the NFL lead to.

                                Watching ESPNs 30 for 30 called "Broke", Bronco was right.

                                Comment

                                Working...