I don't like Riley Nelson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
    It's not that he's not Detmer/Bosco/McMahon, it's that he not even the last two senior QB's we've put out there. He's below the standard for a BYU QB, and people want more out of a BYU QB.
    Right, I get that. But he's the best that we have right now. I understand people wanting more, but when someone starts a thread like this, after Riley has a good game, just makes them looked like spoiled brats.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
      Riley could suck and BYU would still win this 6 or 9 to 0.

Utah's offense is awful.
      Neither offense looks very good (or I'm assuming Utah's doesn't based on results), but Utah seems to have a couple explosive guys on offense that could capitalize to an extent that is outcome determinative. I don't feel like BYU has anybody like that. I just don't see BYU's offense doing anything against Utah's defense, but I can see Utah's offense getting loose on a couple plays against our D.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        Right, I get that. But he's the best that we have right now. I understand people wanting more, but when someone starts a thread like this, after Riley has a good game, just makes them looked like spoiled brats.
        I don't think Riley had a good game today. It's also likely I'm a spoiled brat.

Comment

It's also likely I'm a spoiled brat.
          We might have to replay the infamous Shaka/MG exchange of 2010.

Comment

I don't think Riley had a good game today. It's also likely I'm a spoiled brat.
            I'm not talking about you. Riley had a good game. It wasn't a great game. He threw for a lot of yards in just one half and was missing his #2 receiver.

I spent years in the south stands and every week I'd hear the same people complaining about the QB. It didn't matter who won or by how much, but any incompletion, sack, or interception always led to people wanting the QB to be pulled. Some people (not you) just can't accept someone for what they are and just enjoy the ride.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              We might have to replay the infamous Shaka/MG exchange of 2010.
              ha. When Shaka totally lost his cool and started at me with the personal insults? Yeah, that wasn't his finest hour.

Comment

I'm not talking about you. Riley had a good game. It wasn't a great game. He threw for a lot of yards in just one half and was missing his #2 receiver.

I spent years in the south stands and every week I'd hear the same people complaining about the QB. It didn't matter who won or by how much, but any incompletion, sack, or interception always led to people wanting the QB to be pulled. Some people (not you) just can't accept someone for what they are and just enjoy the ride.
                It's ok, you can just say me. I'm pretty much in that position right now.

Comment

??? This is a strange ret(h)read. BYU fans should worry about the O-line and the running game if anything. Riley is a great leader with mediocre talent by BYU standards but we know this already. Move on.
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

I liked Heaps a lot better.
                    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                      I liked Heaps a lot better.
                      Only because you thought his mom was hot. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                        Meh, they weren't playing the typical gameplan that they use for Riley.
                        Hmmm....this sounds like something I have heard this month
                        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                          ??? This is a strange ret(h)read. BYU fans should worry about the O-line and the running game if anything. Riley is a great leader with mediocre talent by BYU standards but we know this already. Move on.
                          This. The O-line is the #1 concern IMO.
                          "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Only because you thought his mom was hot. lol.
                            To be fair he only wondered if she was hot, he is at heart ardently pro-woman.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

You bitches ( ) are so spoiled with your QB play! I hate you all. Other than 2003, you guys just don't know the depths of bad QB play.

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                                This. The O-line is the #1 concern IMO.
                                I was excited when I first heard Doman was whipping the O-line into shape and making them lose weight. I'm not so excited about that anymore. Now I'm thinking we need to get these guys several pasta troughs and let them graze.
                                "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Working...
                                X