Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    Um, where did I predict OSU would lose?
    That was for Old-Gregg not you. My apologies. Back to explaining the vitally important part of one's nostrils. Go on...

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
      Agreed. I also remember a Sr by the name of Kenny Guiton who carried teh team when Braxton got hurt other years. he has been injury prone his whole career. Maybe due to him starting as a freshman caused this. Who knows.

You are right. Even I give more props to Harbaugh then UN hire. I was not sold on the hire. Was disappointed, but I am hoping it turns out well.

The Big Ten needs at least 3 to 4 years of success like this to truly gain any confidence nationally. Hoping it happens and this was year 1.
      Despite SMR's mockery, I think Mike Riley will not be a disappointment at Nebraska - I think he is exactly what Nebraska needs right now. I really like the new staff at Nebraska - they have considerable coaching experience. And player development has been the main reason Nebraska has been successful in the past. The Huskers will never out recruit Ohio St. or Michigan and didn't even when the Huskers were winning national titles. However, I also realize that Meyer, Harbaugh, and Dantonio are excellent coaches with similar or usually better talent than Nebraska.

The way I look at it, I'd rather Ohio St. be highly ranked. The Buckeyes are on the Cornhuskers schedule from 2016-2018. If Nebraska wins, they will have defeated a highly ranked team. And should Nebraska lose, at least it was a defeat against someone good. That's how I looked at it when Nebraska and Oklahoma were battling it out in the Big 8. When OU spiraled downward after Barry Switzer and before Bob Stoops, Nebraska laid the wood to OU and there was little honor in it. And the press would just frame it as Nebraska beat a losing team.
      Last edited by Paperback Writer; 01-13-2015, 11:03 AM.
      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
      "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
        Despite SMR's mockery, I think Mike Riley will not be a disappointment at Nebraska - I think he is exactly what Nebraska needs right now. I really like the new staff at Nebraska - they have considerable coaching experience. And player development has been the main reason Nebraska has been successful in the past. The Huskers will never out recruit Ohio St. or Michigan and didn't even when the Huskers were winning national titles. However, I also realize that Meyer, Harbaugh, and Dantonio are excellent coaches with similar or usually better talent than Nebraska.

They way I look at it, I'd rather Ohio St. be highly ranked. The Buckeyes are on the Cornhuskers schedule from 2016-2018. If Nebraska wins, they will have defeated a highly ranked team. And should Nebraska lose, at least it was a defeat against someone good. That's how I looked at it when Nebraska and Oklahoma were battling it out in the Big 8. When OU spiraled downward after Barry Switzer and before Bob Stoops, Nebraska laid the wood to OU and there was little honor in it. And the press would just fame it as Nebraska beat a losing team.
        I admire your optimism.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          I admire your optimism.
          Time to get aboard the Nebraska train - at least for 2015. BYU opens in Lincoln. It should be a close, competitive game. If BYU wins, Cougar fans should hope that Nebraska wins the rest of its games. They could then claim to have defeated a conference champion. And should BYU lose, it would be to a resurgent national power on their home field.
          “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”

Comment

• Has anybody pointed out that Cardale Jones looks like a grown up Gary Coleman?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
              I liked the Buckeyes so much better when they had to snap to Joe Bauserman after Braxton Miller got injured.
              In retrospect, it's too bad Braxton couldn't play this season.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• worst case is BYU loses in a game that isn't particularly competitive and Nebraska loses a bunch of games. Recent history tells me either of Paperback's scenarios, as well as mine are reasonably realistic possibilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                  worst case is BYU loses in a game that isn't particularly competitive and Nebraska loses a bunch of games. Recent history tells me either of Paperback's scenarios, as well as mine are reasonably realistic possibilities.
                  If by a "bunch of games" you mean 4, then that is a "reasonably realistic possibility".

Comment

• Good lord. Nebraska again?

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Good lord. Nebraska again?

There is an Oregon specific thread. There are USC, Michigan, and tOSU specific threads. Would the Nebraska folks get as much shit if they actually started a Nebraska thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                        Would the Nebraska folks get as much shit if they actually started a Nebraska thread?
                        fify
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                          There is an Oregon specific thread. There are USC, Michigan, and tOSU specific threads. Would the Nebraska folks get as much shit if they actually started a Nebraska thread?
                          Let's not be cute, we are talking about one guy.

A single Nebraska thread would be great! Right now every thread becomes a Nebraska thread.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• We'll, I guess will know soon enough if 12-Gauge will be staying or going... The fact he is making an announcement leads me to believe he is gone.. Not sure it is the right decision and will be giving up millions after next year.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-decide-future

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                              We'll, I guess will know soon enough if 12-Gauge will be staying or going... The fact he is making an announcement leads me to believe he is gone.. Not sure it is the right decision and will be giving up millions after next year.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-decide-future
                              12 gauge? lol i'm sure jamarcus pryor will have a great nfl career.
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• 12 gauge. lol. is this what people are calling him since yesterday?
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X