THE (tm) Official End of ... THE (tm) Ohio St. ... Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Red Legger
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2010
    • 181

    #16
    Is Urban Meyer gonna hire Malzahn for the OC slot from down at Auburn. I really thought KU was gonna pick up Malzahn for HC. Shame we didn't. Malzahn on Meyer's staff would be absolutely deadly.

    Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

    Comment

    • dabrockster
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2009
      • 10947

      #17
      DT Tommy Schutt will join tOSU now,, Another 5*.. And Pittman..



      Comment

      • falafel
        loves to talk on things
        • Mar 2009
        • 37973

        #18
        You got G Pittman?
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

        Dig your own grave, and save!

        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • dabrockster
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2009
          • 10947

          #19
          Confirmation that Brionte Dunn is now officially a Buckeye. The 5* RB is sticking with Ohio State after a Tuesday evening visit from Urban Meyer (Nice Try HJoke"..)..



          Oh Yeah, and its official. Fickell will be calling the plays on D (I also hope he keeps Vrable.. It's always nice to have a guy like that on as a coach. His experience in the NFL alone can be appealing to start LB's to come)...

          Last edited by dabrockster; 12-14-2011, 07:45 AM.

          Comment

          • woot
            Resident Science Cop
            • Nov 2008
            • 5531

            #20
            Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
            Confirmation that Brionte Dunn is now officially a Buckeye. The 5* RB is sticking with Ohio State after a Tuesday evening visit from Urban Meyer (Nice Try HJoke"..)..



            Oh Yeah, and its official. Fickell will be calling the plays on D (I also hope he keeps Vrable.. It's always nice to have a guy like that on as a coach. His experience in the NFL alone can be appealing to start LB's to come)...

            http://www.buckeyextra.com/content/s...l-defense.html
            "HJoke"? Seriously?

            Dunn is a tough one to lose, and I have to think it's against the kid's interests, seeing as how Urban's never coached a 1000-yard rusher, and a power back doesn't really fit in his scheme anyway. It also seems that Urban promised Dunn that the NCAA isn't going to touch OSU, which I guess at this point wouldn't surprise me, but does open up the possibility of Dunn rethinking things again if OSU gets hammered.

            And for the record, both Pittman and Schutt both tried to commit to Michigan and were turned away (not what I would have preferred, but Hoke and co were happier with other prospects). The same is true for Burbidge, who Michigan snubbed due to academic concerns. He's awesome though and it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at OSU too.

            Comment

            • dabrockster
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2009
              • 10947

              #21
              DE Noah Spence (Top DE in the Nation and #4 prospect overall) confirms he has commited to Ohio State..



              http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...ah_spence.html

              Comment

              • dabrockster
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2009
                • 10947

                #22
                Originally posted by woot View Post
                "HJoke"? Seriously?

                Dunn is a tough one to lose, and I have to think it's against the kid's interests, seeing as how Urban's never coached a 1000-yard rusher, and a power back doesn't really fit in his scheme anyway. It also seems that Urban promised Dunn that the NCAA isn't going to touch OSU, which I guess at this point wouldn't surprise me, but does open up the possibility of Dunn rethinking things again if OSU gets hammered.

                And for the record, both Pittman and Schutt both tried to commit to Michigan and were turned away (not what I would have preferred, but Hoke and co were happier with other prospects). The same is true for Burbidge, who Michigan snubbed due to academic concerns. He's awesome though and it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at OSU too.
                Yep. HJoke came out with the smack early so we must oblige.. We'll see how he fares in the future when it took everything he had to actually beat the Buckeyes at home on a down year and even then it came down to the end of the game with the Buckeyes close to pulling it off..

                We'll have to see how Dunn fares at Ohio St. I am interested in seeing what type of Offense Urban will run here. I think he is going to mix it up with the spread but also the 3 yards and a cloud of dust as well...

                As for UM turning the other players down.. That is usually what is said when a player choses elsewhere..

                Comment

                • woot
                  Resident Science Cop
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 5531

                  #23
                  Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                  As for UM turning the other players down.. That is usually what is said when a player choses elsewhere..
                  No, it isn't. All that stuff is well-documented. Schutt tried to commit to ND, got turned down because they had just gotten Sheldon Day, so he announced that he was going to take an official to Michigan, where he was planning to commit, and Michigan's staff said no. That was a shock to the fanbase, but a couple days later it was announced that Ondre Pipkins had committed earlier that same day, which explains that. I forget what went on with Pittman exactly, but it was similar.

                  I think a lot of people just don't realize that the kids with 20 offers aren't actually choosing among all those schools. A lot of those offers probably went out a year or more ago from schools that have since filled those spots. Having a "commitable" offer is a lot different from having an offer. For instance, there are over 150 kids listed as having Michigan offers on Rivals, et al., but except for perhaps 8 or 10 kids vying for the 4 or 5 remaining spots (and perhaps another 10 or so superstars, but that would depend on position), none of those guys could actually commit to Michigan at this point.

                  Comment

                  • YOhio
                    Hipster Mode
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26165

                    #24
                    Interesting comment by Urban in the NYT:

                    “You can’t function in today’s era of college football without a superstar as a weight coach,” Meyer said. “That’s more important than a coordinator or a line coach. That’s changed.”
                    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/30/sp...r=1&ref=sports

                    Every year BYU seems to have some type of strength and conditioning problem. Linemen are too fat. Specialists are out of shape. Pulled muscles and odd injuries. It's always something. This also coincides with the annual summer Dick Harmon article about the new training regimen conjured up by Jay Omer.

                    Comment

                    • dabrockster
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 10947

                      #25
                      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      Interesting comment by Urban in the NYT:



                      http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/30/sp...r=1&ref=sports

                      Every year BYU seems to have some type of strength and conditioning problem. Linemen are too fat. Specialists are out of shape. Pulled muscles and odd injuries. It's always something. This also coincides with the annual summer Dick Harmon article about the new training regimen conjured up by Jay Omer.

                      WOW.. 4 full-time coaches just for conditioning and Strength..

                      The most crucial is Mickey Marotti, who will hold the title of assistant athletic director for football sports performance and will hire four full-time strength and conditioning staff members to work just with football players.

                      Comment

                      • dabrockster
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2009
                        • 10947

                        #26
                        Urban. I hope you took good notes.. As there is tons of work to do.. Obviously..

                        Comment

                        • dabrockster
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2009
                          • 10947

                          #27
                          Looks like Urban did not waste much time. He called a 7 AM meeting this morning with the players.. Man I wish I could of been a fly on the wall for that meeting..



                          Shortly thereafter several players tweet on their account that they are no longer allowed to tweet...





                          Thanks Lebowski for the Title change. This way I can post all things tOSU and Urban related..
                          Last edited by dabrockster; 01-03-2012, 01:04 PM.

                          Comment

                          • dabrockster
                            Senior Member
                            • Aug 2009
                            • 10947

                            #28
                            Urban seems to be poaching Brian Kelly's staff. First Tim Hinton and reports that Ed Warinner will be coming now as well...

                            This may help sway Dodson and Diamond (Fingers-crossed)

                            Last edited by dabrockster; 01-04-2012, 12:24 PM.

                            Comment

                            • dabrockster
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2009
                              • 10947

                              #29
                              Hope this helps bring Kyle Dodson to tOSU..

                              Comment

                              • TripletDaddy
                                sweet triple
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 58186

                                #30
                                Gordon Gee putting his foot in his mouth again, this time making Polish jokes.



                                A few minutes later, in a question-and-answer session, Gee referred to the problem of coordinating 18 divisions such as independent schools and colleges.


                                ''When we had these 18 colleges all kind of floating around, they were kind of like PT Boats, they were shooting each other,'' Gee said. ''It was kind of like the Polish army or something. I have no idea what it was.''


                                As nervous laughter arose in the audience of a couple hundred listeners at a Columbus Metropolitan Club monthly forum, Gee said, ''Oh, never mind, who did I embarrass now?'' A moment later he said: ''I'll have to raise money for Poland now.''


                                Gee did not apologize afterward, and stumbled a bit in responding to questions about the propriety of the remark.


                                ''Now if you're going to say I was saying something bad about Poland, I'm not,'' he said. ''I could have used some other term, I guess, then.''
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...