The Heaps of Goodbyes Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Clark Addison
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 10311

    #61
    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    I'd rather have one great year than any number of forgettable ten win seasons.

    --Confucious
    Confucious? I am not familiar with him. Is he like the William Spooner of China, famous for malapropisms and confuciousing football quotes?

    Comment

    • Shaka
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 10450

      #62
      Originally posted by Viking View Post
      If I were the kid's dad, I'd tell him to go win his job back and that leaving is nothing more than running away from his problems.
      Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner.

      Comment

      • Tone Loc
        Junior Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 475

        #63
        Originally posted by Viking View Post
        If I were the kid's dad, I'd tell him to go win his job back and that leaving is nothing more than running away from his problems.
        Sounds noble but I don't think Andrew Luck could take Riley Nelson spot right now on the field, an certainly not in Bronco's heart. Rumor has it that Jake walked in on Riley and Bronco in a blood brother ritual late last week. The only way that Riley doesn't start for the next year and a half is if Jesus himself visits Bronco and tells him to change.

        Comment

        • jay santos
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 13652

          #64
          Originally posted by Hsaru View Post
          With Bronco's newest comments saying he wants Riley's high five of the ref to be the symbol of this team moving forward, I think it is all but a certainty that Jake is going to transfer. Bronco doesn't look like he is even trying to prevent it anymore, he just told Jake that you are done with this team, we have moved on, your chances of competing are over.



          The last sentence is reading between the lines/speculation if it wasn't clear.
          I listened to the interview.



          I didn't hear anything about Bronco preventing a Heaps transfer.

          He said he loves Riley's enthusiasm and he'd like the high five to be a symbol of how BYU plays, getting caught up in emotion and joy.

          Comment

          • jay santos
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 13652

            #65
            Originally posted by Tone Loc View Post
            Sounds noble but I don't think Andrew Luck could take Riley Nelson spot right now on the field, an certainly not in Bronco's heart. Rumor has it that Jake walked in on Riley and Bronco in a blood brother ritual late last week. The only way that Riley doesn't start for the next year and a half is if Jesus himself visits Bronco and tells him to change.
            Or if Heaps doesn't come in in garbage time against the worst teams in football and throw a ground ball and a pick in his first two throws. Either one.

            Comment

            • Tone Loc
              Junior Member
              • Apr 2009
              • 475

              #66
              Originally posted by jay santos View Post
              Or if Heaps doesn't come in in garbage time against the worst teams in football and throw a ground ball and a pick in his first two throws. Either one.
              There are so many better examples than that one, please use them. He ended up 8 for 10. The two throws he missed were harder throws than riley was asked to make all day. In fact, go back and explain to me why jake threw about 7 timing out routes to nelsons 0.

              Comment

              • jay santos
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 13652

                #67
                Originally posted by Tone Loc View Post
                There are so many better examples than that one, please use them. He ended up 8 for 10. The two throws he missed were harder throws than riley was asked to make all day. In fact, go back and explain to me why jake threw about 7 timing out routes to nelsons 0.
                I'm sure it's the coaches' fault.

                Comment

                • woot
                  Resident Science Cop
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 5531

                  #68
                  Bronco says a lot of dumb stuff, but if he can't even show support for his starting QB without fans getting their knickers in a twist, then I'm not sure what he can say.

                  This isn't about Heaps vs. Riley anymore. That battle is over. Heaps will have two years left after Riley's done to prove himself.

                  Comment

                  • Hsaru
                    Junior Member
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 1109

                    #69
                    When Nelson struggles mightily again next year when we have to play real football teams again and Heaps is redshirting at Arkansas or somewhere similar, Bronco will feel the most heat he has ever felt at BYU. Luckily we aren't in the Big 12 this year or next year or Bronco would be riding consecutive 4-8 seasons after 2012 with no hope in sight for 2013. A lot will still be holding on to how Heaps would throw 7 picks and get sacked 14 times in all the games Nelson loses, that will go out the window in 2013.

                    If you are Apo I see no reason to stay you are set up to play for a running QB your entire career, the first one has no arm, so unless you want to catch jump balls and wr screens your entire sophomore year it would be wise to salvage your career elsewhere even though you'll only have 2 years.

                    Comment

                    • dabrockster
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 10951

                      #70
                      Originally posted by Hsaru View Post
                      When Nelson struggles mightily again next year when we have to play real football teams again and Heaps is redshirting at Arkansas or somewhere similar, Bronco will feel the most heat he has ever felt at BYU. Luckily we aren't in the Big 12 this year or next year or Bronco would be riding consecutive 4-8 seasons after 2012 with no hope in sight for 2013. A lot will still be holding on to how Heaps would throw 7 picks and get sacked 14 times in all the games Nelson loses, that will go out the window in 2013.

                      If you are Apo I see no reason to stay you are set up to play for a running QB your entire career, the first one has no arm, so unless you want to catch jump balls and wr screens your entire sophomore year it would be wise to salvage your career elsewhere even though you'll only have 2 years.
                      Heaps----->:hump:<-----You


                      Seriously. Get off his nuts...

                      Comment

                      • Shaka
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 10450

                        #71
                        I think you should feel free to call Heaps and Apo directly and offer your advice. After that please feel free to switch allegiances to wherever they transfer.

                        Comment

                        • Hsaru
                          Junior Member
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 1109

                          #72
                          Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                          Heaps----->:hump:<-----You


                          Seriously. Get off his nuts...
                          I'm not getting over this easily, going into 2012 with Nelson as the core of our football program is something I couldn't have envisioned in my worst nightmares. What a dumpster fire the program is turning into.

                          Comment

                          • old_gregg
                            scaly man fish
                            • Nov 2009
                            • 16915

                            #73
                            Originally posted by Hsaru View Post
                            I'm not getting over this easily, going into 2012 with Nelson as the core of our football program is something I couldn't have envisioned in my worst nightmares. What a dumpster fire the program is turning into.
                            you didn't smell smoke in the usu, ucf, and utah games?
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                            Comment

                            • Top Ute
                              Junior Member
                              • May 2010
                              • 2194

                              #74
                              Assuming Heaps stays, how is anyone in the BYU program feeling good about 2011 not repeating itself in 2012? That would be my biggest fear if I had a dog in this fight. Heaps will always look better than Nelson in practice conditions. But as we've seen, games are a different matter.

                              I don't see how Heaps could redshirt at BYU in 2012. The staff would still have to recruit over him, and with no guarantee he'd win the job in 2013 anyway. His future at BYU has to be thought of as no better than tenuous.

                              Comment

                              • Portland Ute
                                Junior Member
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 5647

                                #75
                                Originally posted by Tone Loc View Post
                                Sounds noble but I don't think Andrew Luck could take Riley Nelson spot right now on the field, an certainly not in Bronco's heart. Rumor has it that Jake walked in on Riley and Bronco in a blood brother ritual late last week. The only way that Riley doesn't start for the next year and a half is if Jesus himself visits Bronco and tells him to change.
                                That would't work! According to Goat, Bronco's spirituality and religiosity is all a show to appease the elect!

                                Comment

                                Working...