Holy War 2011

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • YOhio
    Hipster Mode
    • Nov 2008
    • 26165

    #766
    Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
    And YO calls me a schoolmarm.
    That's sexist.

    Comment

    • MartyFunkhouser
      Disciple of RNGesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 18763

      #767
      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      What X's and O's? None of that matters you have a quarterback that can't make a single throw besides a check down to a back, you have a terrible O-line, a 150 pound running back that was bottled up by an average USC D-line, Receivers that would be good if this was a track meet but run terrible routes. You will be lucky if you score in this game. I also predict no more than 5 trick plays since that is all Utah has.

      On Defense your D-line is big and fat and slow. BYU will get to the edges very easily. Your linebackers are terrible and would be walk-ons at every other school in the country they are slow and terrible tacklers. Your secondary is full of cast offs and JC kids.

      Really there is no reason to talk X's and O's as the only way Utah wins this game is if the BYU team bus is in an accident before the game. (Believe me I wouldn't put it past your fan base to arrange this).
      One of the things that is really necessary for a good troll is getting people to think you believe what you are posting. This is why you are no longer a good troll.
      Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 09-14-2011, 09:27 PM.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

      Comment

      • Babs
        Not a Lawyer
        • Nov 2008
        • 17128

        #768
        Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
        You knock that off before I sic the dementors on you!

        Comment

        • DU Ute
          RIP CUF
          • Dec 2008
          • 7393

          #769
          Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
          I need a BYU fan, all who are clearly more intelligent, humble, and valiant than myself, to help me understand how a quarterback who can only throw a 5 yard pass without fear of his arm detaching can possibly have a higher passer rating than The Anointed One.
          I am not a BYU fan, nor am I more intelligent, humble or valiant than you. I do think the only reasonable explanation for the discrepancy is that whoever assigns passer ratings are horrible people who hate Mormons and all they stand for. I'm guessing they probably studied statistics at Stanford or some other wicked PAC 12 school.
          "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
          "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
          "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

          Comment

          • Pelado
            Bald not naked
            • Sep 2010
            • 21157

            #770
            Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
            I am not a BYU fan, nor am I more intelligent, humble or valiant than you.
            Can't even stack up to Jarid?
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

            Comment

            • mr_thekid
              Junior Member
              • Aug 2011
              • 91

              #771
              Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
              I am not a BYU fan, nor am I more intelligent, humble or valiant than you. I do think the only reasonable explanation for the discrepancy is that whoever assigns passer ratings are horrible people who hate Mormons and all they stand for. I'm guessing they probably studied statistics at Stanford or some other wicked PAC 12 school.
              Grizzled Veteran's answer was better, but yours also works.
              What I win, I keep. What you win, I keep.

              Comment

              • Brian
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 2164

                #772
                Folk dancing at byui.




                Love me some 9 man Maximum A cappella!



                Vocal Point is Brigham Young University's premiere 9-man a cappella ensemble. Based in Provo, UT, Vocal Point wows audiences everywhere with their vocal firepower, innovative arrangments, and remarkable vocal percussion.
                And supreme gayness.
                I intend to live forever.
                So far, so good.
                --Steven Wright

                Comment

                • myboynoah
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 21719

                  #773
                  Whoa, Brian comes out firing from both barrels.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                  For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                  Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                  Comment

                  • Omaha 680
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2011
                    • 11185

                    #774
                    After a long week of pretending to not care about the game apathy, I'm pretty amped. I fly out tomorrow morning. Golf all day Friday and then the game on Saturday.

                    I attended every rivalry game from 1999-2008 during my time in Utah, so I've missed it the last couple of years. And I need fan redemption after ending my attendance streak on such an epic meltdown of a game.

                    I fairly confident in a win. I don't think Utah can sustain drives against the BYU defense and I think Heaps will do enough to win. If he is on I think it could be the first comfortable win for BYU in 15 years. I had similar thoughts in 2001, 2006, and 2007 though, so it will probably end up being a hard fought game with BYU pulling it out in dramatic fashion. Either way works, I guess.

                    Comment

                    • BemidjiCoug
                      Junior Member
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 466

                      #775
                      Recruiting Violation!

                      Comment

                      • Brian
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 2164

                        #776
                        Originally posted by Brian View Post
                        Vocal Point is Brigham Young University's premiere 9-man a cappella ensemble.
                        From this (which I copied from their website), I assume there are other 9-man a capella ensembles?

                        <insert goose bumps emoticon.>
                        I intend to live forever.
                        So far, so good.
                        --Steven Wright

                        Comment

                        • BemidjiCoug
                          Junior Member
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 466

                          #777
                          Originally posted by Brian View Post
                          From this (which I copied from their website), I assume there are other 9-man a capella ensembles?

                          <insert goose bumps emoticon.>
                          I'm sure you got more than goose bumps when you saw the pic of Coach Whittingham and #5.

                          Comment

                          • BlueHair
                            Boom Bitches!!!
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 2894

                            #778
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Wow. That's quite a drop. BlueHair must have dropped some serious cash on Utah.

                            How about it BH? Did you get in when the line was 6.5?
                            No. I'm heading to Wendover tomorrow. It doesn't matter what the spread is. My goal isn't to make money. My Utah bet will seal a BYU victory!
                            Last edited by BlueHair; 09-15-2011, 07:36 AM.
                            Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

                            Comment

                            • BlueHair
                              Boom Bitches!!!
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 2894

                              #779
                              Originally posted by BemidjiCoug View Post
                              Recruiting Violation!

                              Coach Whittingham's new nickname is "Cornholio".
                              Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

                              Comment

                              • Brian
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 2164

                                #780
                                Originally posted by BemidjiCoug View Post
                                I'm sure you got more than goose bumps when you saw the pic of Coach Whittingham and #5.
                                Right you are, Ken!
                                Love me some reach around!
                                And #5 is CaSTEEL.
                                I intend to live forever.
                                So far, so good.
                                --Steven Wright

                                Comment

                                Working...