"Dear Tom Holmoe" - the thread for saying stuff to Tom Holmoe

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DU Ute
    replied
    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    YOhio is kidding you. This site is only modestly censored, and not for criticism of the LDS Church.
    "Modestly" might not be the best term, especially from some dude with his junk hanging out.

    Leave a comment:


  • SeattleUte
    replied
    Originally posted by calicoug View Post
    Really? I thought the genesis of the site was a desire for little to no censorship of opinion?

    How are you, YOhio?

    As for my message to TH:

    I'm glad to hear you want BYU to play on a big stage, but I don't think I can go another year without knowing how you plan to make that happen. Uncertainty is killing college football for me.
    YOhio is kidding you. This site is only modestly censored, and not for criticism of the LDS Church.

    Leave a comment:


  • byu71
    replied
    Originally posted by calicoug View Post
    Really? I thought the genesis of the site was a desire for little to no censorship of opinion?



    I'm glad to hear you want BYU to play on a big stage, but I don't think I can go another year without knowing how you plan to make that happen. Uncertainty is killing college football for me.
    If you haven't sent it yet, you can add "and BYU71 feels the same way".

    Leave a comment:


  • calicoug
    replied
    Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    This is it. We are very sensitive about criticisms of the LDS Church on this website. Please adjust accordingly. Thank you.
    Really? I thought the genesis of the site was a desire for little to no censorship of opinion?

    How are you, YOhio?

    As for my message to TH:

    I'm glad to hear you want BYU to play on a big stage, but I don't think I can go another year without knowing how you plan to make that happen. Uncertainty is killing college football for me.

    Leave a comment:


  • myboynoah
    replied
    Dear Tom,

    DO NOT ignore any of the emails you received over the few days prior to your latest public comments. Instead, TAKE NAMES AND KICK ASSES.

    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!

    myboynoah

    Leave a comment:


  • Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    Tom,

    Thanks for the update. Even though you didn't say much, we appreciate the gesture.

    JL

    PS: You can ignore that e-mail I sent you.

    Leave a comment:


  • lambdacoug
    replied
    Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    This is it. We are very sensitive about criticisms of the LDS Church on this website. Please adjust accordingly. Thank you.
    *yawn*

    Leave a comment:


  • LiveCoug
    replied
    Dear Tom,

    I believe you and I believe in you!

    Love,

    Livecoug

    Leave a comment:


  • lambdacoug
    replied
    Originally posted by atheistcougar View Post
    I'd say this:

    Fuck you very much. I'll be cheering on other teams until you decide your fans and athletes are a priority again.
    Ok Tom, I read the pregame interview. I was encouraged. Sorry to let the emotions boil over, but I want to see my team in Lawrence, Manhattan and maybe Columbia. Keep us informed as much as possible, and more than the first 6 weeks of this saga.

    Leave a comment:


  • DU Ute
    replied
    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Guys, lets move all this religion talk to the Foyer please.
    Seriously. Tom Holmoe is going to lose interest and miss out on some important communication.

    (Hi, Tom!)

    Leave a comment:


  • TripletDaddy
    replied
    Guys, lets move all this religion talk to the Foyer please.

    Leave a comment:


  • dabrockster
    replied
    Originally posted by atheistcougar View Post
    We get it, you are a mormon school.

    The fact that the school pounds this same key over and over again even in non-religious arenas, like sports, seems to indicate it is not yet comfortable socially with its mormon world view.

    We get it. It's in your school name.

    Oh, I'm probably out of line for bringing up religion, because I'm not bringing up the "correct" brand of religion, my bad. *eyeroll*
    Plagiarism!!!!!!!!!!

    You may think you were being creative but you weren't *Shrug*

    Leave a comment:


  • YOhio
    replied
    Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    I actually haven't found that to be the case. Many here seem to be okay with discussion that sometimes puts the LDS Church and their leadership in a questionable light.
    Seriously? Let me know if/when you see it and I'll get it taken care of.

    Leave a comment:


  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
    replied
    Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    This is it. We are very sensitive about criticisms of the LDS Church on this website. Please adjust accordingly. Thank you.
    I actually haven't found that to be the case. Many here seem to be okay with discussion that sometimes puts the LDS Church and their leadership in a questionable light.

    Leave a comment:


  • YOhio
    replied
    Originally posted by atheistcougar View Post
    Oh, I'm probably out of line for bringing up religion, because I'm not bringing up the "correct" brand of religion, my bad. *eyeroll*
    This is it. We are very sensitive about criticisms of the LDS Church on this website. Please adjust accordingly. Thank you.

    Leave a comment:

Working...