Originally posted by cougjunkie
View Post
BYU ticket office: Master Mahan
Collapse
X
-
-
-
Apparently neither did the TAMU game back in 96.Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Postthe utah game isnt a sellout.
Wow, you guys really are struggling with ticket sales.
It must be that the rivalry doesn't mean as much as it once did.
Or something along those lines.
I may try to pick up some tix to the Utah/BYU game just to help you guys out.
I want to make sure I am present for the most lopsided win for BYU over Utah in LES history.
Comment
-
That would be awesome if you could come!Originally posted by Portland Ute View PostApparently neither did the TAMU game back in 96.
Wow, you guys really are struggling with ticket sales.
It must be that the rivalry doesn't mean as much as it once did.
Or something along those lines.
I may try to pick up some tix to the Utah/BYU game just to help you guys out.
I want to make sure I am present for the most lopsided win for BYU over Utah in LES history.Fitter. Happier. More Productive.
sigpic
Comment
-
Laughs would be shared, lives would be touched, friendships would be made and hearts would be warmed!Originally posted by TripletDaddy View PostThat would be awesome if you could come!
Wait, that is one too many.
Anyway, I might be there if it doesn't conflict with my son's little league game that day.
Will there be BBQ? I am going to need food to induce me to be there if I am going to have to endure the worst Utah loss in LES history.
Comment
-
Will it be worse than the 70-24-ish beatdown Ty Detmer put up in Jim Fassel's last year when Scott Mitchell was injured and missed the game, prior to Ronnie Mac giving the Utes a viable defense? If so, it will indeed be epic, and will prove forever that independence was far preferable to any other conference affiliation. Particularly now that there will be so many storied teams coming to Provo week-in, week-out.Originally posted by Portland Ute View PostWill there be BBQ? I am going to need food to induce me to be there if I am going to have to endure the worst Utah loss in LES history.
Maybe I need to pick up some tickets and fly down. A good BBQ would make it all worth the effort. (And forget buying a package, I will check Stubhub or ebay)
Comment
-
-
From the sounds of it here, there is a huge risk that the beatdown may well approach if not exceed that emphatic victory.Originally posted by NorthwestUteFan View PostWill it be worse than the 70-24-ish beatdown Ty Detmer put up in Jim Fassel's last year when Scott Mitchell was injured and missed the game, prior to Ronnie Mac giving the Utes a viable defense? If so, it will indeed be epic, and will prove forever that independence was far preferable to any other conference affiliation. Particularly now that there will be so many storied teams coming to Provo week-in, week-out.
Maybe I need to pick up some tickets and fly down. A good BBQ would make it all worth the effort. (And forget buying a package, I will check Stubhub or ebay)
*Note: That game took place in what was then called Cougar Stadium. LES, thusly named, has not seen that type of victory. Except by opposing teams during the Crowton years.
Comment
-
Somehow I seem to remember this type of strings-attached scenario for student basketball tickets back in the 90s at Utah. Something like it being impossible to buy single-game tickets to the byu game. Or maybe it was no guest-tickets or something like that.Originally posted by Portland Ute View PostFrom the sounds of it here, there is a huge risk that the beatdown may well approach if not exceed that emphatic victory.
*Note: That game took place in what was then called Cougar Stadium. LES, thusly named, has not seen that type of victory. Except by opposing teams during the Crowton years.
Sorry to be so vague in my memories."More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
-- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)
Comment
-
No or fewer guest passes were available. But that wasn't because they were trying to force increased ticket sales to other games.Originally posted by Solon View PostSomehow I seem to remember this type of strings-attached scenario for student basketball tickets back in the 90s at Utah. Something like it being impossible to buy single-game tickets to the byu game. Or maybe it was no guest-tickets or something like that.
Sorry to be so vague in my memories.
Comment
-
-
Originally posted by TripletDaddy View PostSo single game tix go on sale in about 15 mins for Legacy members. I'm not a legacy but my FIL is.
I go to the BYU tix website and they have posted the deets for single game tix.
It appears that BYU has turned towards secret combinations and craftiness. In order to buy tix to the Utah game, you have to purchase an equal amount of tickets to TWO of the following crappy games: Idaho, Idaho state, new Mexico state, San Jose state.
I will have to take a big pass on that, thanks. I'd rather pay a premium for Utah tickets and then roll up to The stadium on game day for the rest of the season and purchase tix for 10 bucks each.
In addition, for the road game here in Texas BYU is charging an extra $15 dollars ($100 for $85 tickets) for UT tickets and $5 ($60 for $55 tickets) for TCU tickets. In addition, their web ticket office doesn't even let you know exactly where your tickets are going to be. You just have to have faith that they will give you the "best tickets possible". Why does BYU believe they can get away with BS like this?
The BYU ticket allocation for the TCU game are end zone seats. Given the TCU seating chart for this game (see below) this must be upper level. (?) Why would anyone buy BYU tickets to this game?
"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
"Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
Comment
-
There are stub hub tickets aplenty, plus all over the web. Prices are going to drop like a rock.Fitter. Happier. More Productive.
sigpic
Comment
-
Yep.Originally posted by TripletDaddy View PostThere are stub hub tickets aplenty, plus all over the web. Prices are going to drop like a rock."If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
"Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
Comment
Comment