BYU ticket office: Master Mahan

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Babs
    Not a Lawyer
    • Nov 2008
    • 17128

    #16
    Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Forcing people to buy extra tickets is a lot different than giving them away at Hogi Yogi.
    Now, now. Nobody is being forced to enter the market. It's just the method of participation that's being regulated.

    Comment

    • Portland Ute
      Junior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 5647

      #17
      Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
      Lol. I don't want to hear about Utah creatively putting butts in the seats ever again.
      Or that the only reason Utah sells out the stadium is BYU.

      The reverse actually seems to be true. At least for this season.

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #18
        Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
        Or that the only reason Utah sells out the stadium is BYU.

        The reverse actually seems to be true. At least for this season.
        the utah game isnt a sellout.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • Portland Ute
          Junior Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 5647

          #19
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          the utah game isnt a sellout.
          Apparently neither did the TAMU game back in 96.

          Wow, you guys really are struggling with ticket sales.

          It must be that the rivalry doesn't mean as much as it once did.

          Or something along those lines.

          I may try to pick up some tix to the Utah/BYU game just to help you guys out.

          I want to make sure I am present for the most lopsided win for BYU over Utah in LES history.

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #20
            Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
            Apparently neither did the TAMU game back in 96.

            Wow, you guys really are struggling with ticket sales.

            It must be that the rivalry doesn't mean as much as it once did.

            Or something along those lines.

            I may try to pick up some tix to the Utah/BYU game just to help you guys out.

            I want to make sure I am present for the most lopsided win for BYU over Utah in LES history.
            That would be awesome if you could come!
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • Portland Ute
              Junior Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 5647

              #21
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              That would be awesome if you could come!
              Laughs would be shared, lives would be touched, friendships would be made and hearts would be warmed!

              Wait, that is one too many.

              Anyway, I might be there if it doesn't conflict with my son's little league game that day.

              Will there be BBQ? I am going to need food to induce me to be there if I am going to have to endure the worst Utah loss in LES history.

              Comment

              • NorthwestUteFan
                אלוף
                • Oct 2010
                • 3384

                #22
                Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                Will there be BBQ? I am going to need food to induce me to be there if I am going to have to endure the worst Utah loss in LES history.
                Will it be worse than the 70-24-ish beatdown Ty Detmer put up in Jim Fassel's last year when Scott Mitchell was injured and missed the game, prior to Ronnie Mac giving the Utes a viable defense? If so, it will indeed be epic, and will prove forever that independence was far preferable to any other conference affiliation. Particularly now that there will be so many storied teams coming to Provo week-in, week-out.

                Maybe I need to pick up some tickets and fly down. A good BBQ would make it all worth the effort. (And forget buying a package, I will check Stubhub or ebay)

                Comment

                • NorthwestUteFan
                  אלוף
                  • Oct 2010
                  • 3384

                  #23
                  Note StubHub only has 460 tickets left...

                  Comment

                  • Portland Ute
                    Junior Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 5647

                    #24
                    Originally posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
                    Will it be worse than the 70-24-ish beatdown Ty Detmer put up in Jim Fassel's last year when Scott Mitchell was injured and missed the game, prior to Ronnie Mac giving the Utes a viable defense? If so, it will indeed be epic, and will prove forever that independence was far preferable to any other conference affiliation. Particularly now that there will be so many storied teams coming to Provo week-in, week-out.

                    Maybe I need to pick up some tickets and fly down. A good BBQ would make it all worth the effort. (And forget buying a package, I will check Stubhub or ebay)
                    From the sounds of it here, there is a huge risk that the beatdown may well approach if not exceed that emphatic victory.

                    *Note: That game took place in what was then called Cougar Stadium. LES, thusly named, has not seen that type of victory. Except by opposing teams during the Crowton years.

                    Comment

                    • Solon
                      Lost in the flood
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 5747

                      #25
                      Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                      From the sounds of it here, there is a huge risk that the beatdown may well approach if not exceed that emphatic victory.

                      *Note: That game took place in what was then called Cougar Stadium. LES, thusly named, has not seen that type of victory. Except by opposing teams during the Crowton years.
                      Somehow I seem to remember this type of strings-attached scenario for student basketball tickets back in the 90s at Utah. Something like it being impossible to buy single-game tickets to the byu game. Or maybe it was no guest-tickets or something like that.

                      Sorry to be so vague in my memories.
                      "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                      -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

                      Comment

                      • Portland Ute
                        Junior Member
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 5647

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Solon View Post
                        Somehow I seem to remember this type of strings-attached scenario for student basketball tickets back in the 90s at Utah. Something like it being impossible to buy single-game tickets to the byu game. Or maybe it was no guest-tickets or something like that.

                        Sorry to be so vague in my memories.
                        No or fewer guest passes were available. But that wasn't because they were trying to force increased ticket sales to other games.

                        Comment

                        • NorthwestUteFan
                          אלוף
                          • Oct 2010
                          • 3384

                          #27
                          Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                          From the sounds of it here, there is a huge risk that the beatdown may well approach if not exceed that emphatic victory.
                          Praise Allah!

                          Comment

                          • Uncle Ted
                            The Big 12 money shot.
                            • Apr 2010
                            • 28853

                            #28
                            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            So single game tix go on sale in about 15 mins for Legacy members. I'm not a legacy but my FIL is.

                            I go to the BYU tix website and they have posted the deets for single game tix.

                            It appears that BYU has turned towards secret combinations and craftiness. In order to buy tix to the Utah game, you have to purchase an equal amount of tickets to TWO of the following crappy games: Idaho, Idaho state, new Mexico state, San Jose state.

                            I will have to take a big pass on that, thanks. I'd rather pay a premium for Utah tickets and then roll up to The stadium on game day for the rest of the season and purchase tix for 10 bucks each.

                            In addition, for the road game here in Texas BYU is charging an extra $15 dollars ($100 for $85 tickets) for UT tickets and $5 ($60 for $55 tickets) for TCU tickets. In addition, their web ticket office doesn't even let you know exactly where your tickets are going to be. You just have to have faith that they will give you the "best tickets possible". Why does BYU believe they can get away with BS like this?

                            The BYU ticket allocation for the TCU game are end zone seats. Given the TCU seating chart for this game (see below) this must be upper level. (?) Why would anyone buy BYU tickets to this game?

                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #29
                              There are stub hub tickets aplenty, plus all over the web. Prices are going to drop like a rock.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • Uncle Ted
                                The Big 12 money shot.
                                • Apr 2010
                                • 28853

                                #30
                                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                There are stub hub tickets aplenty, plus all over the web. Prices are going to drop like a rock.
                                Yep.
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...