Cougarbart's inside source info

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cougarbart
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2014
    • 6

    #16
    Haha I actually did a google search for "cougarbart" just for fun, and found this thread, and couldn't help but laugh at how almost creepily accurate my OP was.

    Comment

    • cougarbart
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2014
      • 6

      #17
      Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
      I hope cougarbart starts posting here regularly. One of the biggest morons on cougarboard.
      It's quite an honor, thank you.

      Comment

      • jay santos
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 13652

        #18
        Originally posted by cougarbart View Post
        Haha I actually did a google search for "cougarbart" just for fun, and found this thread, and couldn't help but laugh at how almost creepily accurate my OP was.
        How?

        Did I miss something? Ty Detmer was not the new QB coach. Bronco did not hire a defensive coordinator. He didn't hire Peck. Doman didn't make Nelson the starting QB going into the season. Nelson didn't move to safety after not winning the job.

        Do you mean you got confirmation on the football player using a negative tone talking about the basketball team?

        Comment

        • SCcoug
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 7625

          #19
          Originally posted by cougarbart View Post
          Haha I actually did a google search for "cougarbart" just for fun, and found this thread, and couldn't help but laugh at how almost creepily accurate my OP was.
          Sorry but Santos is right, you had some of the worst inside info ever.

          1. Doman is likely the OC.
          Correct. However plenty of other people were calling this one.

          2. Bronco will hire a new DC, and the likely candidate is the surprise. Bingham High School head coach, Coach Peck.
          Wrong.

          3. Detmer is likely QB coach.
          Wrong

          4. If Doman is OC, Nelson has a very good chance at starting QB. I know this sounds crazy given how well Heaps played towards the end of the year but my source insists that Doman is very pro Nelson while Anae was very pro Heaps. He did say if Nelson isn't the starter, he will try to start at safety.
          Wrong. Nelson wasn't the starter until game 6 after Jake's poor play forced his hand.

          5. Nobody on the team likes Anae. He is very critical of the players and rips them apart in team meetings saying things like, "I expect more out of RM's. You guys don't care about anyone but yourselves." (referring to players not attending team devotionals and using bad language on the field.) Anae is known for using poor language and even dropping f bombs occasionally.
          It is widely known that Anae isn't very likable.

          6. Talking to my source, and he didn't say this, but he said a few things that made me feel like the football players don't really like the basketball players, saying he thinks our post players suck. It was more the tone he said it in that made me think he had negative feelings towards the basketball team.
          Wrong. Our post players were fine.

          So 4 out of 6 were wrong and two other were obvious or widely rumored.

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69742

            #20
            Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
            So 4 out of 6 were wrong and two other were obvious or widely rumored.
            Uh-oh. Cougarbart = SeattleUte?
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • cougarbart
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2014
              • 6

              #21
              While I was wrong about Peck, Bronco did do what was considered unthinkable (and the most criticized aspect of my source) and hired an HS guy as his D coordinator, not in my timing admittedly) which at least proves that Bronco was perhaps considering a DC from the HS ranks all along, lending credibility to my otherwise absurd prediction. Even though Nelson became the starter later on, it still proved that the coaches were not as sold on Heaps as many thought. And lastly, this (me bringing this up again) wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I just thought it was funny when I found this thread and a few of those things had come to pass (or similar things i.e Howell instead of Peck)
              Last edited by cougarbart; 11-01-2014, 10:24 PM.

              Comment

              • Commando
                Explosivo
                • Feb 2009
                • 20748

                #22
                You're just piggybacking on other's mocking remarks to try to get props. You said, " Bronco will hire a new DC, and the likely candidate is the surprise. Bingham High School head coach, Coach Peck." Had you said "Heads up guys! Bronco's gonna promote a former HS coach through the ranks and will eventually be the DC!" you would have been dead on and therefore entitled to some bragging rights. As it stands, this is like a Kevin Bacon Separation type of prediction you made: others said things in response to your post like "a HS coach? yeah right!" And now that there is a former HS coach at DC you create an account and are all like, "SEE??" You predicted nothing.

                Same thing for the Heaps "prediction." After the Utah debacle he was STILL THE STARTING QB. You're not even correct that the 'coaches weren't as sold on him as everyone thought.' He played his way out of that starting job and transferred because he wasn't any good and saw that he couldn't outplay Riley Nelson to get his spot back. It wasn't that Doman doesn't like pocket passers- it was that he was a practice squad hero but couldn't perform. Stop it.
                Last edited by Commando; 11-01-2014, 10:30 PM.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                Comment

                • cougarbart
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2014
                  • 6

                  #23
                  If you want me to sit here and argue that my prediction (words straight out of a former starter's mouth) is now vindicated, you're not going to get that argument. I don't think "my" prediction was right. I just found the reaction to it funny considering how things turned out: Doman OC, Riley starting, and an HS coach promoted to DC. That's really the only point of all this. But judging from this exchange, I get the vibe that you're (as Matthew McConaughey puts in True Detective) "bad at parties".

                  Comment

                  • Commando
                    Explosivo
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 20748

                    #24
                    Originally posted by cougarbart View Post
                    If you want me to sit here and argue that my prediction (words straight out of a former starter's mouth) is now vindicated, you're not going to get that argument. I don't think "my" prediction was right. I just found the reaction to it funny considering how things turned out: Doman OC, Riley starting, and an HS coach promoted to DC. That's really the only point of all this. But judging from this exchange, I get the vibe that you're (as Matthew McConaughey puts in True Detective) "bad at parties".
                    Oh. What a weird thing to register and post about. Mods, please lock this stupid thread.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                    Comment

                    • cougarbart
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2014
                      • 6

                      #25
                      Yep, definitely bad at parties. And I registered because I was booted off CB. And you're the one who made this thread "stupid", stupid.

                      Comment

                      • The_Douger
                        Athletic Supporter
                        • Jun 2012
                        • 5413

                        #26
                        So, lets hear the story for why you were booted off.
                        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                        Comment

                        • Commando
                          Explosivo
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 20748

                          #27
                          Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                          I hope cougarbart starts posting here regularly. One of the biggest morons on cougarboard.
                          So far he's living up to that reputation.

                          Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                          Be prepared for more cougarbart as he is no longer welcome at CB.

                          I doubt he lasts long here.

                          Well, he's not welcome here, either, yet he still posts.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                          Comment

                          • Commando
                            Explosivo
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 20748

                            #28
                            Originally posted by cougarbart View Post
                            Yep, definitely bad at parties. And I registered because I was booted off CB. And you're the one who made this thread "stupid", stupid.

                            Awww sad! How long before they let you post again at www.cougarboard.com? Would it help if someone here wrote you a letter of recommendation? I'm sure one of our friendly moderators would be more than happy to go to bat for you in that regard.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                            Comment

                            • Green Monstah
                              Royal Rooter
                              • Aug 2010
                              • 13973

                              #29
                              Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              Awww sad! How long before they let you post again at www.cougarboard.com? Would it help if someone here wrote you a letter of recommendation? I'm sure one of our friendly moderators would be more than happy to go to bat for you in that regard.
                              Glad we rolled out the welcome wagon for CougarBart!
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                              "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                              Comment

                              • TripletDaddy
                                sweet triple
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 58186

                                #30
                                Cougarbart, this thread is a test of your manhood (unless you are female, in which case it may be a test of your sexuality?). People here want to see if you have the right stuff to fit in with this group, you will get kicked in the nuts repeatedly and viciously attacked in order to test your will and check your resolve. If you prove your mettle then you will be eventually be accepted as one of the group and everything that we have will become yours. If you fail or show the slightest bit of hesitation, your place here will forever be tenuous, you will be reviled and mocked incessantly, and you will inevitably wind up posting on utahby5.

                                Choose wisely.
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...