BYU Pro Combat Deal

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #31
    Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    The worse USC gets, the more you sound like SU. Why did Southern Cal opt for the basketball black uniforms if they are such sticklers for tradition?

    Talking about the Oregon uptick is fun and a great defense mechanism. I am glad you stopped just short of saying "snapshot in time". After all Oregon is 9 wins behind Southern Cal in the last 20 years, 178 to 169. Or 6 losses 80 to 86. Let me know when the 20 year uptick ends for either Oregon or Southern Cal.
    What's gotten into you? Sheesh.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • BoylenOver
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 9146

      #32
      This is unrelated to the concept that inspired camleish to post the thread, but someone on what seems to be a uniform forum imagined ProCombat jerseys for BYU and Utah based on the 1953 "Holy War".

      http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=77210




      It's not perfect, but I admire the talent required to create something like this.
      "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
      "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

      Comment

      • pellegrino
        miserere me
        • Jan 2009
        • 12100

        #33
        Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
        This is unrelated to the concept that inspired camleish to post the thread, but someone on what seems to be a uniform forum imagined ProCombat jerseys for BYU and Utah based on the 1953 "Holy War".


        It's not perfect, but I admire the talent required to create something like this.
        I think that's a pretty cool uniform. I know BYU is superstitious about the all white look, but I think it looks sharp.
        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
        Alessandro Manzoni

        Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

        pelagius

        Comment

        • YOhio
          Hipster Mode
          • Nov 2008
          • 26165

          #34
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          What's gotten into you? Sheesh.
          You do NOT want to know.

          Comment

          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
            Time to camp
            • Nov 2008
            • 26082

            #35
            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            What's gotten into you? Sheesh.
            Truth, justice and the American way.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

            Comment

            • wally
              <><><><><><><><>
              • Jun 2010
              • 4137

              #36
              Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              The worse USC gets, the more you sound like SU. Why did Southern Cal opt for the basketball black uniforms if they are such sticklers for tradition?

              Talking about the Oregon uptick is fun and a great defense mechanism. I am glad you stopped just short of saying "snapshot in time". After all Oregon is 9 wins behind Southern Cal in the last 20 years, 178 to 169. Or 6 losses 80 to 86. Let me know when the 20 year uptick ends for either Oregon or Southern Cal.
              *sigh* You would make such a great Utah fan. Squandered talent.

              Comment

              • Sizzle
                #ThisIsY
                • Nov 2008
                • 9004

                #37
                If I were to see a BYU throwback jersey, I'd like to see the ones from 96. Those ones were sick.







                [youtube]YAQHAYAfNBw[/youtube]

                [youtube]gMGt5YnFewM[/youtube]

                Comment

                • falafel
                  loves to talk on things
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 37976

                  #38
                  zonacougar on CB is claiming this is the pro combat uni that Bronco turned down.

                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                  Dig your own grave, and save!

                  "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                  "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • Surfah
                    Where's Wallace?
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 33726

                    #39
                    Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    zonacougar on CB is claiming this is the pro combat uni that Bronco turned down.

                    If that's legit, I am pissed Bronco, Holmoe or whomever turned that down. Those are bad ass. But not too crazy about the shoulder pads. But that helmet is awesome. I would wear that helmet everywhere.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • TripletDaddy
                      sweet triple
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 58186

                      #40
                      That looks like the fake NFL uniforms that someone posted recently.

                      I think they look ok, at least compared to some of those other ones Nike did.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • Sizzle
                        #ThisIsY
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 9004

                        #41
                        Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        zonacougar on CB is claiming this is the pro combat uni that Bronco turned down.

                        Those are pretty benign if those are the pro combat Unis. I actually like those for a one time shot.

                        Comment

                        • Parrot Head
                          Operation Hot Mother
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 2322

                          #42
                          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          If that's legit, I am pissed Bronco, Holmoe or whomever turned that down. Those are bad ass. But not too crazy about the shoulder pads. But that helmet is awesome. I would wear that helmet everywhere.
                          I agree, I'd be up for those unis.
                          I have nothing else to say at this time.

                          Comment

                          • SoCalCoug
                            Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 5214

                            #43
                            Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            zonacougar on CB is claiming this is the pro combat uni that Bronco turned down.

                            I believe there's a site where people can design their own pro combat uniforms, and that's where this came from - maybe it's based on what someone believes was the design Bronco rejected, but I doubt it's the actual one. It's a fan mock-up.
                            If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

                            "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

                            "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

                            Comment

                            • Commando
                              Explosivo
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 20748

                              #44
                              Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                              I believe there's a site where people can design their own pro combat uniforms, and that's where this came from - maybe it's based on what someone believes was the design Bronco rejected, but I doubt it's the actual one. It's a fan mock-up.
                              Yeah- he had a few others on there. I actually liked his royal blue incarnation. w/ blue pants, white jersey, white helmet w/ oval Y.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                              Comment

                              • pellegrino
                                miserere me
                                • Jan 2009
                                • 12100

                                #45
                                Originally posted by Parrot Head View Post
                                I agree, I'd be up for those unis.
                                I'd pass. Reminds me of something out of a video game.
                                Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                                God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                                Alessandro Manzoni

                                Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                                pelagius

                                Comment

                                Working...