14.75%
    Engemann, Bret
    6.56%
    Hall, Max
    42.62%
    Peterson, Charlie
    1.64%

Ummm... John Beck in 06.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Are there options on this poll?
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
        Ummm... John Beck in 06.
        Single best season. But over a whole career, I'd still go Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
          Are there options on this poll?
          Not sure how I missed 'em. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
            Poll
            It really is too tough to call, IMO, bt Beck and Hall.

For one season I'd take Beck - but I feel like Beck never really got his head right before 2006. Over a career I'd take Hall. Over a box of Krispy Kremes I'd take Engemann.

But give me the John Beck that played TCU in 06 and I'll put him up against any Cougar QB in history.
            Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

I am a Beck fan through and through. In my opinion, Beck established the winning attitude and regained the swagger that Hall benefited from.

Now...just give Beck Halls moxie...and we're talking all pro.
              "Newton's First Law of Motion: ...things at rest tend to stay at rest. Things in motion, tend to stay in motion...."

Hmm... Good motivation for me to remain active I guess.

Comment

Obviously "best" means something different to each of us. I voted Doman because of what he did in LaVell's last game and in 2001 -- maybe I'm making them up in my head but it seems like he led several come-from-behinds.

Comment

Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
                  It really is too tough to call, IMO, bt Beck and Hall.

For one season I'd take Beck - but I feel like Beck never really got his head right before 2006. Over a career I'd take Hall. Over a box of Krispy Kremes I'd take Engemann.

But give me the John Beck that played TCU in 06 and I'll put him up against any Cougar QB in history.
                  Beck had the offense clicking at the end of 2006 better than just about any Cougar QB in history. I honestly felt like there were few defenses that could slow us down that year. The losses (BS to Arizona on the road thanks to a prayer FG and a BS PI) and the heartbreaker at BC were not bad losses either.

But Hall had the moxie over his career and three straight 10-win seasons and a win against a top-5 Oklahoma to open Jerry World was probably BYU's signature win of the decade. Edge goes to Hall if we are looking at the whole decade. But if you are talking about a QB at the top of his game, Beck in 06 is the guy hands down.

Comment

Bert Englemann lovers represent! I had to vote for Bert just because he was the motivating force behind my falling in love with message boards.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Agree with a lot of what's been said. Beck '06 is by far the best. The next best three years belong to Hall. '03 - '05 Beck was lousy to average. I'd probably vote Hall in the poll.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                        Agree with a lot of what's been said. Beck '06 is by far the best. The next best three years belong to Hall. '03 - '05 Beck was lousy to average. I'd probably vote Hall in the poll.
                        Voted Hall for those reasons and I agree '06 Beck was the best.
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Everyone who voted for Max Hall conveniently forgets everything that was stacked against Beck early in his career that Hall never had to worry about.

To me, this isn't a fair fight. John Beck was a million miles better than Hall. Go back and look at 2006 TCU. Max Hall never came close to having a game like that. There have been a lot of hyped BYU QBs who sulked and sissied out under adversity. Beck had to endure the worst turmoil the program ever endured, and the fire refined him into 24K gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Ute View Post
                            Everyone who voted for Max Hall conveniently forgets everything that was stacked against Beck early in his career that Hall never had to worry about.

To me, this isn't a fair fight. John Beck was a million miles better than Hall. Go back and look at 2006 TCU. Max Hall never came close to having a game like that. There have been a lot of hyped BYU QBs who sulked and sissied out under adversity. Beck had to endure the worst turmoil the program ever endured, and the fire refined him into 24K gold.
                            I strongly disagree about having conveniently forgotten what Beck went through. Beck dealt with a lot, but he had issues himself that didn't seem to get resolved until the last year of his career.

Look at it this way:

Marque win: Hall (over OU)
                            More wins: Hall
                            More TDs/Passing Yards: Hall
                            Best individual season: Beck
                            Higher ranked team: Hall
                            More wins over Utah: Hall

If I am picking a QB to replicate his performance over one season, I said it earlier, Beck of 06 no question. But Beck of 03-05 had accuracy and touch issues and honestly didn't even have the whole team won over (he was the better QB IMO from having watched every practice). Hall came in and performed at a high level from day 1 and was a leader on the offensive side of the ball.

I have a ton of respect for Beck and how hard he worked. But Hall was a winner and a competitor who left it all on the line and IMO accomplished a lot more than Beck did at BYU.

Comment

Engemann because he started the mustache crew
                              "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

Comment

Working...
                              X