Early 2009 Top 25

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RockyBalboa
    Banned
    • Nov 2008
    • 2127

    #1

    Early 2009 Top 25

    Here's the 1st one.

    Then the revised one.



  • cougjunkie
    *Banned*
    • Nov 2008
    • 23223

    #2
    4 ranked teams for the Cougars next year.
    *Banned*

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69716

      #3
      I like the first one better.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
        Time to camp
        • Nov 2008
        • 26082

        #4
        It makes total sense to have Okie State ahead of Oregon, I hope the other pollsters take note and don't short change the B12 again this year.

        Also Manti already dropped Notre Dame 4 spots? Future LDS recruits take note.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

        Comment

        • Babs
          Not a Lawyer
          • Nov 2008
          • 17128

          #5
          Sweet! They defeat us, win their bowl game, have their entire team returning this year, and we're still ranked higher.

          God it's good to be a Sooner.

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #6
            SC plays 4 of them next year. Then again, SC plays about 3 or 4 of them every single year.

            BYU has a pretty amazing schedule next season. Nice job.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • Mormon Red Death
              BYU Delenda Est
              • Nov 2008
              • 8077

              #7
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              SC plays 4 of them next year. Then again, SC plays about 3 or 4 of them every single year.

              BYU has a pretty amazing schedule next season. Nice job.
              Southern Cal plays 4 top 25 teams next year? nice schedule.
              "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

              "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

              Comment

              • Babs
                Not a Lawyer
                • Nov 2008
                • 17128

                #8
                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                SC plays 4 of them next year. Then again, SC plays about 3 or 4 of them every single year.

                BYU has a pretty amazing schedule next season. Nice job.
                Oklahoma plays 4 but they're all in our conference. I canNOT believe we had to pick up Idaho State in the negotiations to play BYU. Idaho STATE. I didn't know there WAS an Idaho State. Are they even Division I?

                HFN: That's pretty funny about Oklahoma State. For years now, OSU has combined a brilliant preseason PR hype campaign with an easy early schedule, and with the help of T Boone Pickens has managed to convince half the football world that OSU is riggggght at the cusp of being a legitimate contender to win the Big 12. Only they've never finished better than fourth place in the south division. Still, every year everybody buys into the hype again. No, really, this year could be the year!!

                Wait, why does this story seem vaguely familiar?

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69716

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Babs View Post
                  Sweet! They defeat us, win their bowl game, have their entire team returning this year, and we're still ranked higher.

                  God it's good to be a Sooner.
                  45-35.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • Babs
                    Not a Lawyer
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 17128

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    45-35.
                    You Longhorns sure like those two numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if at the Cotton Bowl next October there's a plane flying around with a 45-35 banner.

                    Not that I'll be there to find out, as we lose everytime I go.

                    Comment

                    • Goatnapper'96
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 10924

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Babs View Post
                      Oklahoma plays 4 but they're all in our conference. I canNOT believe we had to pick up Idaho State in the negotiations to play BYU. Idaho STATE. I didn't know there WAS an Idaho State. Are they even Division I?
                      They are FCS as opposed for FBS smartass. There no longer is a Division 1.

                      One doesn't have to go to WEST POINT to know that.
                      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                      -General George S. Patton

                      I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                      -DOCTOR Wuap

                      Comment

                      • LiveCoug
                        LA Ute loves me
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 18488

                        #12
                        With a nice preseason ranking like that for OU, their early season loss to BYU will not hurt them in the BCS championship hunt.

                        Comment

                        • Babs
                          Not a Lawyer
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 17128

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                          They are FCS as opposed for FBS smartass. There no longer is a Division 1.

                          One doesn't have to go to WEST POINT to know that.
                          When I use the letters I always get them wrong, officer fancypants.

                          They really are Div II? This is embarrassing. We may schedule Middle Tennessee and Utah State, but by golly Oklahoma never stoops (heh) to scheduling any Div II teams.

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69716

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Babs View Post
                            You Longhorns sure like those two numbers.
                            Yes we do. And it's no surprise you like the revised poll. That's the only way you Sooners can come out on top these days. POLLS!
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • Babs
                              Not a Lawyer
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 17128

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Yes we do. And it's no surprise you like the revised poll. That's the only way you Sooners can come out on top these days. POLLS!
                              Computers tend to like us, too.

                              Comment

                              Working...