100 Wins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 Wins

Bronco and Kyle are both in their 6th season as head coaches. Bronco is 52-20 and Kyle is 56-17 (wikipedia gives him credit for the win over Pitt in the fiesta bowl as co-head coach)

Which, if either do you see hitting 100 first?

Whittingham will take a step up in competition and, should he win out this year (including the bowl) would take 60 wins into the Pac 12.

Bronco heads into independence which could give him 8 or so soft games per year.

I think Kyle does it simply because I think he'll be at Utah long enough to do it. I could see Bronco walking away within the next 5 years and finishing with 85-90 wins at BYU. Now, if he averages 10 wins per year, he can walk away in 5 years and hit the 100 win mark.

Regardless, it would be pretty remarkable for both to hit this mark given that they were hired the same year, coached in a high-stress rivalry etc.
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Bronco and Kyle are both in their 6th season as head coaches. Bronco is 52-20 and Kyle is 56-17 (wikipedia gives him credit for the win over Pitt in the fiesta bowl as co-head coach)

Which, if either do you see hitting 100 first?

Whittingham will take a step up in competition and, should he win out this year (including the bowl) would take 60 wins into the Pac 12.

Bronco heads into independence which could give him 8 or so soft games per year.

I think Kyle does it simply because I think he'll be at Utah long enough to do it. I could see Bronco walking away within the next 5 years and finishing with 85-90 wins at BYU. Now, if he averages 10 wins per year, he can walk away in 5 years and hit the 100 win mark.

Regardless, it would be pretty remarkable for both to hit this mark given that they were hired the same year, coached in a high-stress rivalry etc.
    You really think the Cougs will have 8 soft games a year?

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
      They do the next two years. I don't think it will be that way going forward. I would put the number of soft games at 6 instead of 8 if they are still Independent in two years.
      "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
        They do the next two years. I don't think it will be that way going forward. I would put the number of soft games at 6 instead of 8 if they are still Independent in two years.
        Yes, the next two years for sure. So, if you think that there will be 6 for BYU, then that is probably close to what Utah will have. Colorado, Wazzu (and whoever else sucks in the PAC 10 that year... UCLA, Washington). Plus probably 2 soft games in preseason.

Comment

Bronco will leave/retire before he hits 100.
          Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

I know that the assumption is that the Big 12 will come calling, but for the next two years he gets what? 5-6 WAC games? A couple of 1AA schools? Not out of the question. That doesn't diminish anything, It just means I think he'll rack up some wins over the next few seasons.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Yes, the next two years for sure. So, if you think that there will be 6 for BYU, then that is probably close to what Utah will have. Colorado, Wazzu (and whoever else sucks in the PAC 10 that year... UCLA, Washington). Plus probably 2 soft games in preseason.
              You are probably right, I know that they play BYU every year. I wonder who the other soft game will be? I guess somebody like Utah State.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                I know that the assumption is that the Big 12 will come calling, but for the next two years he gets what? 5-6 WAC games? A couple of 1AA schools? Not out of the question. That doesn't diminish anything, It just means I think he'll rack up some wins over the next few seasons.
                I'm not even talking about Big 12. Yes, next 2 years won't be great, but after that, I fully expect 6-7 BCS teams on the schedule and some good non BCS teams as well.

Comment

Originally posted by UteStar View Post
                  You are probably right, I know that they play BYU every year. I wonder who the other soft game will be? I guess somebody like Utah State.
                  Utah State and an FCS. Oh, and your joke sucked.

Comment

I'm not even talking about Big 12. Yes, next 2 years won't be great, but after that, I fully expect 6-7 BCS teams on the schedule and some good non BCS teams as well.
                    I think you're going to be disappointed.
                    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                      I know you do. And I probably will be.

Comment

Yeah, I can get behind that. You've swayed me. Perhaps what I meant was that i think Bronco wins a minimum of 8 games as an independent, I don't know, it's wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by UteStar View Post
                          So what are you going to do when you lose to a cream puff like BYU 3 out 4 years?
                          "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
                          —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                            I have to agree with Indy on this one.
                            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                              I have to agree with Indy on this one.
                              I truly believe that BYU can schedule 6-7 BCS games a year. 2013 already has 4 with 6 games left to schedule.

Comment

Working...
                              X