How do you Fist Roll?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Commando
    Explosivo
    • Feb 2009
    • 20748

    #61
    Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
    Now we're finally getting somewhere.

    The only change that I can possibly suggest, and I emphasize possibly, is changing the direction of the paw movement. Why not just go with alternating double-paw clawing attack movements which are directly in front of the body, going in a forward and downward circular direction, instead of laterally? Much like the movement my dog makes on the window when he would like to come in the sliding glass door. Talk about menacing - my 4 year old daughter won't go within 6 feet of the CLOSED door when he starts to make that movement, and his claws aren't even that sharp.

    Plus, I find that going this direction, you are not limited to just a double swipe during the cougar growl. You can often get 4-6 forward swipes in the same amount of time that you can do a double lateral swipe!
    A great option as well. I've also done the slightly-up and inward double swipe. There's almost no wrong way to do this so long as you don't go overboard. You don't want to go full on Wolverine Weapon X attack. I like to think of it as the double bird a Cougar might give to an enemy he had just gotten the better of. He doesn't have to go full-boar-- just brandish the claws a bit.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #62
      I notice that two of our resident self loathers, Utah dan and LA Ute Have yet to acknowledge how they used to Fist roll.

      Although, in a sense, we learned today that Utah Dan uses two hands to fist roll.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • Art Vandelay
        Striving for mediocrity
        • Jul 2009
        • 10516

        #63
        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        Although, in a sense, we learned today that Utah Dan uses two hands to fist roll.
        That is either painful, impressive, scary or possibly all the above.

        Comment

        • byu71
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 22070

          #64
          I don't do the fist roll and never have. I am not proud of the fact. While I was at BYU, I was a BB fan, but not a FB fan. I had the impession BYU fans were dorks and I was above doing the dorky things they did, fist roll and pop corn poppin.

          I am ashamed I haven't participated and I think it must be that still small voice whispering to me, this is dorky. Sorry, I fully accept I am the one wrong here, but I just can't do it. On occasion I do sing the song.

          Comment

          • OrangeUte
            Max Hall hates me.
            • Nov 2008
            • 2294

            #65
            Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
            Now we're finally getting somewhere.

            The only change that I can possibly suggest, and I emphasize possibly, is changing the direction of the paw movement. Why not just go with alternating double-paw clawing attack movements which are directly in front of the body, going in a forward and downward circular direction, instead of laterally? Much like the movement my dog makes on the window when he would like to come in the sliding glass door. Talk about menacing - my 4 year old daughter won't go within 6 feet of the CLOSED door when he starts to make that movement, and his claws aren't even that sharp.

            Plus, I find that going this direction, you are not limited to just a double swipe during the cougar growl. You can often get 4-6 forward swipes in the same amount of time that you can do a double lateral swipe!
            this is awesome and fierce. when you and steelblue do this during games, it makes me fear for my life.

            Comment

            • SteelBlue
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 8189

              #66
              Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post
              this is awesome and fierce. when you and steelblue do this during games, it makes me fear for my life.
              Especially when sound effects are added. My growling cougar is awesome.

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #67
                Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post
                this is awesome and fierce. when you and steelblue do this during games, it makes me fear for my life.
                Speaking of this, can you please give us the real scoop on steel blue? He claims to not fist roll but I'm not buying it. Others have PM'd me privately and expressed similar doubts. I'm impressed by bluegoose's honesty but not surprised.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • SteelBlue
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 8189

                  #68
                  Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  Speaking of this, can you please give us the real scoop on steel blue? He claims to not fist roll but I'm not buying it. Others have PM'd me privately and expressed similar doubts. I'm impressed by bluegoose's honesty but not surprised.
                  Hey, I admitted to fist rolling for my entire freshman year.

                  Comment

                  • Donuthole
                    Official Outgayer
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 25268

                    #69
                    I don't roll. I prefer to load up my Little Mac uppercut while others are doing their roll and then leap from my crouched position while punching forcefully into the air, timing my punch just at the apex of my jump. I used to imagine I was punching Mr. Sandman, but then I realized that was a somewhat racist thing to do, especially at a football game where I was likely cheering for one or two african american players. I now imagine I'm uppercutting that Russian bastard Soda Popinski.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                    There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                    Comment

                    • OrangeUte
                      Max Hall hates me.
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 2294

                      #70
                      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      Speaking of this, can you please give us the real scoop on steel blue? He claims to not fist roll but I'm not buying it. Others have PM'd me privately and expressed similar doubts. I'm impressed by bluegoose's honesty but not surprised.
                      The Steel doesn't fist roll, but he truly does a vicious growl and paw swipe. However, the next time we watch together, I will spontaneously play the cougar fight song on my phone and see if steel and goose fist roll. I will return with my report soon.

                      Watching games with steel and the goose reminds me why I'm glad to have endured Utah football as an unwavering in the 80s. I am optimistic even in the midst of rebuilding.

                      Comment

                      • OrangeUte
                        Max Hall hates me.
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 2294

                        #71
                        How many of you actually say "RA RA RA RA RA" even of you don't fist roll?

                        Comment

                        • bluegoose
                          7th round draft pick
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 4121

                          #72
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          I'm impressed by bluegoose's honesty but not surprised.
                          Waddaya talking about? I voted in the poll. I am an unabashed fist roller, elbows at 90 degrees, right hand up first, clockwise direction from the perspective of the right elbow.

                          Since we're talking honesty, would you care to explain why you voted as a 90 degree elbow, right hand, clockwise roller, as well as someone who is embarrassed by and refuses to fist roll??? How can you be both???

                          Comment

                          • Flystripper
                            Degenerate Gambler
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 14094

                            #73
                            Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            I fist roll. And am damn proud of it.
                            Thank god there is another good cougar fan on this site!
                            Dyslexics are teople poo...

                            Comment

                            • Flystripper
                              Degenerate Gambler
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 14094

                              #74
                              Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post
                              How many of you actually say "RA RA RA RA RA" even of you don't fist roll?
                              They better say rah rah... rah rah rah. It is part of the overall fight song experience and must be accompanied with the appropriate fist pumps in rhythm prior to the fist roll in order to enhance the visual experience in the stadium. If they are not doing this properly and are instead doing their own thing they are not cougar fans. They are impostors.
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

                              Comment

                              • TripletDaddy
                                sweet triple
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 58186

                                #75
                                Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                                Waddaya talking about? I voted in the poll. I am an unabashed fist roller, elbows at 90 degrees, right hand up first, clockwise direction from the perspective of the right elbow.

                                Since we're talking honesty, would you care to explain why you voted as a 90 degree elbow, right hand, clockwise roller, as well as someone who is embarrassed by and refuses to fist roll??? How can you be both???
                                Hey, I said I was impressed! Other Fist Rollers are still in denial, which is why I was impressed by your candor (but not surprised).

                                As for your question, the poll allows for multiple answers, so while I refuse to participate in the Fist Roll now, when I did Fist Roll, I was definitely a clockwise, right-handed guy.

                                I apologize to SteelBlue for misreading his previous post. Although I think it would be in good taste for him to outline his Fist Roll methodology, even though he no longer participates.

                                PS OrangeUte's question doesn't deserve an answer. It is an obvious troll since it would be impossible to not say Rah Rah Rah Rah Rah (repeat it 3 times).
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...